- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
- "The latest Omolon engineering leverages liquid fuel as coolant to keep weapon systems at biting subzero temperatures."
- — Weapon description
Coldheart is an Exotic Trace rifle in Destiny 2. It is available via pre-ordering Destiny 2, and became available for all players from Exotic engrams on December 5, 2017. Coldheart is able to project a cold steady beam that can be focused down upon targets. Considering the low amount of Trace rifles in the game, Coldheart could previously be infused with Auto Rifles. With the introduction of Forsaken and Update 2.0.0, Coldheart and Prometheus Lens can now be infused with any other weapon in the energy slot.
LEVERAGES LIQUID FUEL VEINS AS SELF-COOLANT TO KEEP ONBOARD PROJECTION GENERATOR AT BITING SUB-ZERO TEMPERATURES.
The Golden Age. Our shining history. The height from which we fell. Once, everything we had was borrowed from the past. Since the Collapse we have struggled to reclaim even a scrap of what our ancestors took for granted. Over the years, Omolon has perfected the art of salvaging Golden Age technologies and repurposing them into effective Guardian weaponry.
But Coldheart is something new.
We didn't find Coldheart. We didn't adapt it or recycle it. We created it. Its liquid ammo, which doubles as its coolant, is a game-changer on its own-- never mind Coldheart's first-of-its-kind laser-powered trace weaponry.
With Coldheart, we at Omolon are saying: we want more than to simply reclaim the Golden Age. We want to surpass it.
- Sub-Zero - Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of Coldheart.
- Cold Fusion - This weapon shoots a steady cold fusion-powered laser.
- Extended Barrel - Weighty barrel extension.
- Increases range
- Decreases handling speed
- Enhanced Battery - Strong battery life.
- Increases magazine size
- Longest Winter - Coldheart's laser does exponentially more damage the longer it remains on a target.
- Hand-Laid Stock - This weapon is optimized for recoil control.
- Increases stability
Coldheart is designed with one purpose in mind: to lay as much damage into a single high-health target as possible. The weapon's manageable recoil, maximum aim assistance, large magazine size, fast fire rate, deep ammo reserves, and the ability to exponentially increase its damage with sustained fire make it fit for this role. It works particularly well against stationary enemies with noticeable weak points, namely Calus. It can be used to clear out lower-tier enemies, but then that means the wielder loses out on the damage bonus that they get when staying on target, so it is best used against bosses for this reason, though against a strong enemy which usually is mobile or switches locations extremely frequently will lead to a rough time. When used correctly, Coldheart becomes among the best sustained DPS weaponry in the game.
A Hunter wielding the Coldheart.
|Browse more images on this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)