- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
- "...I love my job."
- —Weapon Description
"…I love my job."
“Hope you're happy!” That's all I remember hearin' afore she ran out in front of us. It was like somethin' out of a pre-Golden Age war flick, you know, where the hero's bud goes out in a blaze of glory so their death can be rightly avenged. Only she didn't die. They did. The weapon reeled like it was bein' held by a child doin' a pee-pee dance, aimin' at nothin' and hittin' everythin'. Dem spiders skittered for their lives. When she stopped, nothin' was moving. She saved us. I sidled up to her, real slow, checking out the piece and all I could do was sputter, “That there, that's some… sweet business.” She looked me over cold, lowered the gun and said, “You ain't gotta tell me.”
- Payday: Larger magazine. Increased hip fire accuracy.
- Polygonal Rifling: Barrel optimized for recoil reduction. Increases stability.
- High-Caliber Rounds: Shots knock the target back further. Slight increase to range.
- Business Time: Holding the trigger boosts the range and gradually increases the fire rate. Ammo pickups reload the magazine.
- Composite Stock: Dual purpose stock that provides slight bonuses to stability and handling speed.
- Down to Business - Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of Sweet Business.
- Go About Your Business - Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of Sweet Business.
Sweet Business is a very uniquely-modeled auto rifle. Its Gatling-style barrels indicate that it is built for suppressive fire on a scale akin to machine guns. This is reinforced by its 99-round magazine, which is the largest magazine size of any auto rifle featured thus far in the Destiny series. It becomes particularly accurate when being fired from the hip and its stability can be increased to a degree where landing precision shots is an easy task. To take full advantage of this weapon, however, the user must hold down the trigger for sustained periods to achieve the maximum rate of fire of 900 RPM. Considering the initial rate of fire of 300 RPM, this can take some time to get used to. However, High Caliber Rounds gives the wielder a fair chance of reaching the fast fire rate, due to the constant stun-locking effect against enemies in PVE and throwing off enemy Guardians' aim in the Crucible. When the weapon is fully spooled up, it deals consistent damage at a blistering rate and any foe that crosses this weapon's line of fire will be dropped incredibly quickly, especially if the weilder can consistently hit precision shots. Additionally, any ammo pickups will automatically reload the magazine while firing, allowing for more uptime. The large magazine size, high stability, fire rate ramp-up, and High Caliber Rounds bonus make the Sweet Business a formidable weapon to wield when in the right hands. In PvE, it works very well against bosses such as Calus. It is recommended to pair the Actium War Rig with the Sweet Business, as it will automatically reload the gun's magazine from the reserves, even while firing. This will allow Sweet Business to deal the highest sustained damage of all kinetic weapons.
|Browse more images on this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)