Touch of Malice
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
This weapon is difficult to acquire, as the questline is long and broken up. Also note: Because this quest is classified in the database, the exact steps required may not be correct and is based on supposition from players who received the weapon.
- Complete The Deep Lore - find 5 Calcified Fragments
- Complete The Old Hunger by killing bosses in King's Fall
- Give Eris Morn 25 Wormspore, 50 Weapon Parts, and 50 Hadium Flakes
- Collect 35 Calcified Fragments
- Enter The Undying Mind and kill Morgath, Lore-Keeper at the end of the strike.
- Collect 45 Calcified Fragments
- Enter Fear's Embrace and kill Mar-Zik, the Blightcaller
- Pick up Touch of Malice from Eris
The Touch of Malice is a high RoF-lower Impact archetype of Scout Rifle. This means that one would be tempted to repeatedly press the trigger to quickly fire off rounds, but there's a hidden perk: Full Auto. This makes it so that the player can simply hold down the trigger and reduce the stress on their finger. The Instrinsic Perk is the weapon's namesake: the last round in the magazine instantly regenerates and deals double damage at the cost of the wielder's life force. Even with your health slowly going down, the potentially endless stream of bullets allows this weapon to open up a niche in doing high, uninterrupted DPS against PvE bosses. And if one can take advantage of the Touch of Mercy perk, where three rapid kills instantly start health regeneration, then the wielder will be able to keep up on DPS on the boss. Even with the massive questline required to obtain it, as well as the fact that you can kill yourself while using this weapon, the reward is well worth it.
According to the Books of Sorrow, Oryx intended for the weapon to be built, and since it was, he was able to maintain his immortality, continuing to feed off the victims of the weapon. The Hive Worm God, Xol, Will of the Thousands, also used this technique, becoming the Sniper Rifle Whisper of the Worm upon his defeat at the hands of The Guardian.
|Browse more images on this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances