From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "Complete awareness, complete focus. A mind sharpened by diligence to a single deadly point."
- — From the writings of Taeko-3, Praxic Deconstructionist
Zen Meteor is an Exotic Sniper Rifle introduced in the April Update. It was a timed PlayStation exclusive until October 2017.
- Dynamite: Grants explosive rounds. Rapid kills with every round in the clip load an extra, higher-damage round for 5 seconds.
- CQB Ballistics: Greatly reduced recoil. Significant penalty to range.
- Soft Ballistics: Less recoil. Penalty to Impact.
- Smart Drift Control: Predictable and controllable recoil. Penalty to range.
- Underdog: This weapon gains a boost to range and handling when health is low.
- Fitted Stock: Increase weapon stability.
- Field Scout: Increases carried Ammo capacity.
- Injection Mold: Increased Stability, Faster Handling Reduced Range
- With a Laser Beam:The extra round from Dynamite causes a massive explosion.
- "This groundbreaking weapon uses electroencephalography to draw energy from the wielder's neural activity. It can even, if a certain threshold is met, convert that energy into matter to be used as concussive ammunition. Or, to be more precise — the more focused the wielder's mind, the more powerful the weapon."
- — Taeko-3
Zen Meteor is a fairly well balanced sniper rifle. The intrinsic perk turns each round into an explosive round. Combined with the high impact most sniper rifles guarantee, most enemies close to the level of the weapon will fall in two body shots, and enemies nearby will take damage if close enough. This enables you to scatter and weaken enemies clustered together.
The use of the Exotic Perk demands that users of this weapon be able to kill enemies in rapid succession. Unless in an activity where the enemies are significantly weaker than you, three rapid head-shots on three standard enemies is the best way to go. Because the magazine only holds three rounds, missing one shot or failing to kill an enemy in one shot bars the use of the perk, so good aim is a requirement. Fitted Stock is good if you need help keeping the gun steady while aiming. Injection Mold is better if you need help aiming faster to get the perk to activate. The extra round appears as a buff that only lasts for five seconds, so you have to move fast to take advantage of it. Even though most of the barrel upgrades reduce range, the Underdog perk can compensate.
Because of the nature of the Exotic Perk, this weapon is as good as any other sniper rifle against bosses. However, in Raids, enemies usually spawn in the same places each wave. With good speed and aim, the perk can be used to pick off enemies as they appear and get the extra round. However, because of the fact that you will be operating with a Fireteam, allies may kill enemies before you can, making it harder to take advantage of the perk.
- The names of this weapon's perks are a thinly-veiled reference to Queen's classic song, "Killer Queen".
- According to the weapon's Grimoire, Zen Meteor was made by the Warlocks Taeko-3 (of the Praxic Order) and The Stoic, and the Hunter Uzoma Vale.
- ^ a b c Bungie (2015/9/20), Destiny: PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Zen Meteor
- ^ Playstation Blog - Destiny April Update: New PlayStation-Exclusive Gear Detailed
List of appearances
- The Taken King
- April Update (First appearance)
- The Taken King