- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
"SOME THINGS SHOULD STAY BURIED"
"Get your axe and your pick and your shovel and your spine. We're goin' prospectin'."
"That. The quote. I don't get it."
"It's an old saying. It's about puttin' in a hard day's work."
"My grenade launcher's full auto and goes boom on command. What do I need hand tools for?"
"It's a metaphor. It ain't literal. At least not anymore. Your launcher is your hand tool."
"Ahh. Got it. Good to know."
Fires grenades that can be timed (through holding firing button) to detonate simultaneously.
Comstock Lode - Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of The Prospector.
Excavation - Hold to fire grenades. Release to detonate all live grenades simultaneously.
Volatile Launch - This weapon is optimized for an especially explosive payload.
- Greatly increases blast radius
- Slightly decreases handling speed
- Slightly decreases projectile speed
Augmented Drum - Heavy, high capacity drum.
- Greatly increases magazine size
- Greatly decreases reload speed
Full Auto Trigger System - Holding down the trigger will fire this weapon at full auto.
Hand-Laid Stock - This weapon is optimized for recoil control.
- Increases stability
- The Comstock Lode ornament's name is likely a reference to the the real life Comstock Lode, a large deposit of silver ore located in the state of Nevada first discovered around 1859.
- The Prospector was once rated one of the worst exotics in Destiny 2 but with the arrival of the Leviathan raid it was found that it was the only way to destroy the Watchers in the Leviathan underbelly without triggering the alarm sequence playing solo.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)