From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "A gift for the empress who has everything."
- — Weapon description
Dead Messenger is an Exotic Grenade Launcher introduced in Season of the Risen. The weapon is acquired by completing the Vox Obscura mission. It does Void damage by default, with the capacity to change to dealing Solar and Arc damage by holding the reload button.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
- Trinary Vision: One-shot handheld Grenade Launcher. Projectiles release a fan of three energy waves on contact with the ground.
- Quick Launch: This weapon's barrel provides faster projectiles and much faster aiming. Greatly increases handling speed. Increases projectile speed.
- High-Velocity Rounds: This weapon's projectiles are particularly light and quick. Increases projectile speed. Increases reload speed.
- The Fundamentals: [Alternate Weapon Action]: Change this weapon's damage type, cycling between Solar, Arc, and Void.
- Short-Action Stock: This weapon is especially easy to grip. Greatly increases handling speed.
The catalyst can be obtained by completing the Vox Obscura mission of Master difficulty.
The catalyst, once completed, will grant an additional perk:
- Turnabout: Using this weapon to break the shield of a combatant or a Guardian using their Super will grant you an overshield.
A GIFT FOR THE EMPRESS WHO HAS EVERYTHING.
Caiatl and Zavala stood side by side, watching a live feed of the Guardian's assault on the Psion transmission facility, as broadcast by Amanda Holliday's circling aircraft.
The Guardian ducked behind cover and pulled out a sleek grenade launcher, recovered during their last assault of the base. They fired into a pack of onrushing war beasts, sending shrapnel hurling through the air.
The Cabal empress emitted a low rumble as she admired the weapon. Zavala looked up at the enormous ruler with raised eyebrows. Her gaze was fixed on the firefight, her eyes twinkling with violent ardor.
The Vanguard commander shut off the open comms and cleared his throat. "Would you like me to send you one of those grenade launchers? I can have Banshee create a Cabal-sized version for you."
Caiatl looked down at the Awoken leader, suddenly aware that her avarice had been on display. She lowered her tusks, which the commander interpreted as equivalent to a blush.
"That would be most welcome, Commander," Caiatl replied. "I'd like to fire it into Xivu Arath's belly and bathe in her soulfire."
Zavala turned back to the screen. "You have a… passionate spirit, Empress."
He did not see it, but beneath her mask, Empress Caiatl smiled.
It was terrifying.
- Much alike other weapons of its kind (Hard Light, Borealis), this weapon will default back to inflicting Void damage when a Guardian is resurrected, or they enter a new activity. Remembering to change the element the gun fires is important if running an element-dependent build.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2
- Season of the Risen (First appearance)