From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
Devil's Ruin is a Exotic Sidearm that could be acquired from the A Lost Relic exotic quest. In Season of Arrivals, it became purchasable from Master Rahool for 100,000 Glimmer, 200 Dusklight Shards, 3 Enhancement Prisms, and an Exotic Cipher. Currently, the gun can be obtained from the Monument to Lost Lights for 100,000 Glimmer, 150 Dusklight Shards, 1 Ascendant Shard, and an Exotic Cipher.
- Close the Gap: Variable trigger. Press and release to fire individual shots. Hold to charge up a high-powered, staggering laser. Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Extended Barrel: Weighty barrel extension. Increases range. Decreases handling speed. Moderately controls recoil.
- Projection Fuse: Distance optimizations. Increases range.
- Pyrogenesis: Fully charging the laser refills the magazine from reserves.
- Combat Grip: This weapon's recoil direction is more vertical. Greatly controls recoil.
Devil's Ruin is a handy Exotic sidearm that can burn through crowds of enemies, though it must be utilised in a specific fashion to get the most out of it. Owing to the way the exotic trait Close The Gap functions, the gun fires on trigger release, instead of on pull. This means that rapid firing of the gun will rely on clean trigger pulling. Regarding Close the Gap usage, when the laser shot has been fully charged, the magazine is completely reloaded to facilitate the beam attack. This means the player can empty the magazine down to the last round, and then charge up the beam to finish off any targets not already dead from standard fire. After the laser has been fully fired, a regular reload must be committed, as firing the beam will leave the magazine empty.
"There is a reason we fight. It's not simply the thrill of battle. There are those who depend on us to stand up, hold the line, and defend what we hold dear. The battle for Twilight Gap remains the hallmark for our fortitude and a prominent reminder that nothing we do is easy.
"I recall Shaxx defiantly ignoring Saladin's orders to fall back, driving his fireteam to a final push on the wall of the Last City. It ended up providing the momentum we needed to save the City, but also splintered bonds between the Titans. Perhaps I can help suture these wounds, now that I have returned.
"Even so, our memories are flooded by moments of pain, duress, and strife. Use them. Wield them. Channel them through you.
"Carry a piece of the battle with you.
"While this will never replace the mighty Gjallarhorns of old, glory comes in all sizes, and we can still celebrate the victory at the Gap with munitions such as these. It is more than a gun. It is a symbol. Each component of this weapon represents a sacrifice made for the greater good. May it bring you the strength to prevail when all looks lost.
"Should the City ever come under threat again, you'll be ready."
List of appearances
- Destiny 2: Season of Dawn (First appearance)