From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- ""Victory is not in the unmaking of an enemy, but in the re-making of an enemy into your blade." —9th Understanding, 7th Revision of Sorrow"
- — Weapon Description
Osteo Striga is an Exotic submachine gun introduced in The Witch Queen. It can be crafted after completing The Witch Queen campaign by owners of the deluxe edition. It is also one of the 4 Weapons of Sorrow that the Guardians use currently.(You no longer need the deluxe edition to do this)
- This section needs expansion. You can help Destinypedia by .
Osteo Striga fires relatively slow-moving projectiles that track the enemy that the player is currently aiming at. By default they home in on the body, but properly aimed shots can track to precision damage areas. These projectiles will outright disappear outside their effective range unlike most other submachine guns.
- Intrinsic Perk — Screaming Swarm - Fires a stream of sentient, toxic projectiles that track the targeted enemy.
- Catalyst - Poison final blows return ammo to the magazine.
Ah, pardon us. It just seems like he's always hungry. When I first became a mother, I didn't realize how much time would just be spent feeding him. Do you mind? Thank you.
No, he doesn't look much like me, I know. There are a lot of orphans these days. I heard him crying from… oh my, it seems like half a world away. It was chance, honestly. I never thought of myself as a parent, but caring for another little life… it's taught me so much.
Sorry, I don't know why I'm sharing so much with you like this. You just seem easy to talk to. And becoming a mom has really given me a lot more insight into the little connections between people. I used to focus so much on my work. I actually lost a few friends over it.
Oh! Shh, shh, shh… there we go. That's right. Growing babies need their calcium.
Now I can see what matters. The beauty in small things and quiet moments. In watching others light up when they see him. In the way meeting new people broadens him.
I had another child, you know. That was… before. I didn't keep him safe. It's for the best. He's… safe now.
Besides, it means I can appreciate this little one so much more. Just the two of us.
I love my little Striga.
And he's always… so… hungry.
//CASE 620102; SUSPECT IDENT JANA-14; STATUS: AT LARGE
//EVIDENCE IDENT #303, AUDIO DEVICE; RECOVERED ADJACENT TO DISMEMBERED BODY, RIBS EXCISED
- The weapon is erroneously listed as being acquired from the Vox Obscura Exotic quest that grants Dead Messenger.
- This weapon is considered a part of the legendary Weapons of Sorrow. As such, it benefits from Necrotic Grip's increased airborne effectiveness bonus, and deals increased damage against targets hit by Touch of Malice's Charged with Blight perk.
- This weapon appears to be based on the Veist Submachine Gun model, a commonly reused model seen in weapons such as Funnelweb and Death Adder.
List of appearances