- "There must be meaning in my roar. "
- — Weapon description.
Lumina is an Exotic Hand Cannon introduced in Penumbra update. It bears a slight resemblance to Thorn, a Hand Cannon from which it was originally created, while also having a similar exotic perk which will leave a Remnant behind on kill. It is acquired from Exotic Quest, A Fateful Gift.
The player must find a chest left for them by Shin Malphur at the same place where they originally found Thorn. Once they open it, they are given a System Positioning Device, which is paired to a location of a hidden chest at a random location on any planet. The location of the chest switches every hour, so you might have to hurry.
After finding the chest, the player is given the task to generate 250 orbs of Light. Having a fireteam for this step is recommended, as the orbs generated by teammates count towards the goal. Masterworked weapons and Blind Well works for this step as well.
Once completed, the player is given the Legendary Hand Cannon, Rose, the original form of Thorn, and 3 different quest steps which need to be completed in order to restore the perks for it.
- 1. Nightfall completion with at least 50,000 points
- 2. 100 enemy kills in a row without reloading
- 3. 35 Encounter completion points on Blind Well, Escalation Protocol, or Any Black Armory Forge.
- Forges = 4 points / completion
- Escalation Protocol = 1 point / wave (Boss at the end gives 3 extra points)
- Blind Well = 3 points / Completion (Heroic gives 4 extra points).
After restoring the perks, the player is given another step to complete activities with Rose equipped. Multiple people wielding Rose gives the most efficient progress (i.e. running Menagerie with a full 6-man fireteam). Once completed, the next step requires the player to generate 50 orbs of Light, kill Guardians as a team in Crucible with any hand cannon, and kill an Invader in Gambit without anyone on your team dying.
- Final Blows in Crucible give 4% progress, while assists give 1%.
- In Gambit, YOU must be the one to kill the Invader, assisting does not count toward the completion.
Last step requires the player to complete the Strike, Will of the Thousands, and destroy 11 hive crystals with Rose equipped. There are more than 11 crystals within the strike, so destroying all of them is not required.
Once the player kills Xol, Will of the Thousands, the Rose will transform into Lumina, and will be automatically equipped to the primary weapon slot. If you have an Exotic weapon equipped in either the Energy or Heavy slot, the primary slot will be empty and your character model in the inventory menu will display your energy weapon.
In young languages, we sketched for each other the seemings of stars and planets and the black between galaxies.
We have devoted ourselves to listening. To the Cosmos, by crafting assemblers that can translate for us the mechanical language of Order. And to our own withins, by withstanding the howling storm until patience and humility made of chaos – if not sense, then at least peace.
From beyond the emptiness, a Gardener emerged, drawn from the pseudophotons and impossible math. And our nest of colliding space dust was never the same.
For it heard meaning in our roar.
- Noble Rounds: Kills with this weapon leave behind Remnants. Absorbing a Remnant converts your next hipfired shot into an ally-seeking Noble Round and partially refills the magazine.
- Chambered Compensator: Stable barrel attachment. Increases stability. Moderately controls recoil. Slightly decreases handling speed.
- Accurized rounds: This weapon can fire longer distances. Increases range.
- Blessing of the Sky: Using a Noble Round on an ally heals them and grants both you and them a weapon damage bonus for a short time.
- Polymer Grip: This weapon is made of lighter material. Increases handling speed.
List of Appearances