From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "An ancient weapon, battered and worn - but still fires true. Perhaps it's been waiting for you."
- — In-game description
The Khvostov 7G-02 is an ancient basic Auto Rifle found in The Breach in the Cosmodrome. It is the first weapon a Guardian acquires, during the very first mission/tutorial A Guardian Rises.  Its only perk is Kinetic damage. It reprises its role as the first weapon acquired for new Guardians in the Shadowkeep expansion for Destiny 2.
- It was formerly possible to not pick up the weapon, and complete mission with melee kills only. This has since been patched and the Khvostov will appear in the player's hands automatically.
- The glass on the sight is cracked and chipped, and the sight the exotic version of this weapons comes with has the same imperfections, though there is an option to upgrade it to a newer scope at the cost of some range and impact.
- Multiple parts of this weapon bear a strong resemblance to, and the receiver is a direct copy (with minor modifications) of, the AR-15 platform of rifles and its military counterparts the Colt M4 carbine and M16 rifle, which gives the impression of extreme age.
- There is an Exotic version of this weapon, called the Khvostov 7G-0X, which is available through a questline acquired in the Rise of Iron expansion.
- The name Khvostov (Хвостов, from khvost (хвост) meaning tail) is a Russian masculine surname. The name of the rifle could also be derived from the word Khvostovik (Хвостовик) instead, which commonly translates to "shank."
- The designation 7G-02 is similar to Russian GRAU designations used for military equipment, but not properly formatted as the prefix 7G refers to grenades, and there is no dash or zero before single-digit numbers in the suffix of a proper designation. A more appropriate designation would be 6P2, since 6P is the suffix used by automatic weapons such as the AK-12, which is designated 6P70.
List of appearances