- "An ancient weapon, battered and worn - but still fires true. Perhaps it's been waiting for you."
- — In-game description
The Khvostov 7G-02 is an ancient basic Auto Rifle found in The Breach in the Cosmodrome. It is the first weapon a Guardian acquires, during the very first mission/tutorial A Guardian Rises.  Its only perk is Kinetic damage. It reprises its role as the first weapon acquired for new Guardians in the Shadowkeep expansion for Destiny 2.
- It was formerly possible to not pick up the weapon, and complete mission with melee kills only. This has since been patched and the Khvostov will appear in the player's hands automatically.
- The glass on the sight is cracked and chipped, and the sight the exotic version of this weapons comes with has the same imperfections, though there is an option to upgrade it to a newer scope at the cost of some range and impact.
- This weapon bears a resemblance to automatic rifles in existence today, such as the Colt M4 Carbine, and the American standard-issue M-16, which gives the impression of extreme age.
- There is an Exotic version of this weapon, called the Khvostov 7G-0X, which is available through a questline acquired in the Rise of Iron expansion.
- The name Khvostov might be derived from the word Khvostovik (Хвостовик), which commonly translates to "shank."
List of appearances