From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
Nanotechnology, broadly speaking, is any form of technology which enables the manipulation of matter at a molecular scale. During the Golden Age, nano-scale robots, also known as nanites, cytomachines or "mites", were developed to fulfill a variety of functions. A system or colony of cytomachines is called an "ecome". At least some types required replication chambers to manufacture.
Types of Nanotechnology
- Medical nanotechnology: Injected into the body to repair physical trauma.
- Tactical mite ecome: Unknown function, presumably a weapon. Part of Elsie Bray's arsenal when she attempted to sabotage the Deep Stone Crypt.
- Olympus Tears: Unknown function. Diffused into the atmosphere of Mars by an unknown machine, attaching to powerful Cabal and Vex technology and recording data into a "cellular memory".
- VIS(NU): Used as part of the containment system for the K1 Anomaly and brought to Europa as part of Clovis I's expedition equipment.
- B-RA/MA: Unknown function, included in Clovis I's Europa expedition equipment.
- SIVA: A general-purpose, self-replicating nanotechnology intended to supersede all previous nanotechnology types.
- ^ Bungie (2016/20/9), Destiny: Rise of Iron Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Old Russia 4
- ^ a b Codes & Procedures Handbook, "Procedure One (Interior Kinetic Perimeter and Test Environment)"
- ^ Mysterious Logbook, "Message to Elisabeth", Page 41
- ^ Last Days on Kraken Mare, The Water Sun, Part II
- ^ Mysterious Logbook, "//TACTICAL LOG — HUMAN READABLE", //TACTICAL LOG — HUMAN READABLE
- ^ Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Bounty: Relic Harvest - Mars
- ^ a b Mysterious Logbook, "Entry 1", Page 2