Hierarchy of Needs
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Hierarchy of Needs|
- "I have peered through the eye of Chronos to divine humanity's path into the future."
- — Soteria, the Augurmind
Hierarchy of Needs is an Exotic Bow added in Season of the Seraph. It can be acquired by random drop from the Spire of the Watcher dungeon, and the drop rate can be increased by completing dungeon triumphs.
Hierarchy of Needs' main mechanic is the Guidance Ring perk, which requires six charges to activate. One Guidance Ring charge can be acquired by getting a kill or precision hit with the weapon. These can be counted at the same time, so a precision kill will generate two charges at once. Once a Guidance Ring is charged, it can be deployed by firing a fully-drawn shot from the hip and lasts roughly 12 seconds. Shots fired through the ring, no matter the angle or even direction if one fires through the other side, will become seeking projectiles that can deal heavy damage to enemies and even clear groups of enemies easily. Guidance Ring charges still accumulate for shots fired through one, so it is possible to have back-to-back Guidance Rings.
- Guidance Ring: Charges and deploys a guidance system.
- Elastic String: Excellent snapback. Decreases accuracy. Faster draw time. Slightly increases handling speed.
- Fiberglass Arrow: Heavy and consistent. Greatly increases accuracy. Slightly decreases stability.
- Apollonic Tangent: Arrows fired through a Guidance Ring release seeking projectiles, which do more damage based on distance traveled.
The catalyst can be dropped by completions of Spire of the Watcher on Master difficulty. Once completed, the catalyst grants the following perk:
- Panoptic Tessellation: Deploying a Guidance Ring or striking a target with a seeking projectile improves draw time and reload speed for a moderate duration.
"I have peered through the eye of Chronos to divine humanity's path into the future." —Soteria, the Augurmind
//VanNet Voice-COMM, Received: Osiris//
//VOICE TRANSCRIPT RUNNING…//
//FROM: ANA BRAY//
Osiris, exciting news! You're going to love this. Rogue A.I. imprisoned in a Bray cell block from now, all the way back to the Collapse. Guess what?
The Guardian—you know the one—they bust open her cell, and she—the A.I.—pulls herself together and escapes while the Vex are trying to organize a defense! The kicker is, the only networked A.I. host nearby was an old survivalist's caster bow from the colony missions. Might sound primitive, but Seraphs would link those things to orbital weapons platforms and bring wild planets to heel. Now swap weapon platforms for paracausal power, and an A.I. running flight trajectories on your arrows.
I swear anything sentient has a chance to wind up as a weapon around that Guardian...
Anyway, seems that being partitioned for so long, and not coming back together with all her parts, has left that A.I. with more than a few quirks. She's borderline non-functional, won't or can't communicate, but a lot of her subconscious sub-routines are still firing. Trajectory predictors still seem to work just fine; the few firing tests I ran produced... explosive results.
I guess terminal velocity translates across mediums.
There's still another part of her rogue A.I. out there. Who knows what happened to the one ship that got away. Maybe it could've drifted off for centuries; a little piece of her aboard like a good luck charm. I mean, it probably didn't make it. If the Exodus programs are any indication, pretty much nothing survived the Collapse.
So, anyway, that's the lowdown bow-down. Great. I vocalized that.
Oh, we also downloaded everything. I'll send you a copy sometime.
Another thought: might be good for Banshee to take a look or...after reading some of these logs, maybe it'd be really bad. Opinions?
- The weapon's name likely refers to Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
- The weapon's lore makes reference to a recurring theme in the Destiny series where many exotic weapons are sentient or living, whether due to having an onboard AI or having been transformed paracausally.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2
- The Witch Queen
- Season of the Seraph (First appearance)
- The Witch Queen