- "Despite the concerns over faulty radiation shielding, the weapon's incredible power has made it a favorite of daring weapons collectors."
- — Jonathan Goff, expert on Guardian militaria.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Year One
- 3 Year Two
- 4 Year Three
- 5 Destiny 2 Year one
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 List of appearances
- 9 References
Advancements in directed energy disbursement were gained through dissection of hostile alien technology gathered in the field. The first implementation of this new technology resulted in the creation of fusion rifles. One of the first working prototypes was deemed too unstable for mass production due to faulty radiation shielding. Modern fusion rifles use a pulsing emitter in order to keep heat buildup to a minimum. Consequently, fusion rifles actually fire seven distinct beams in very quick succession. Because of this, users have had luck sweeping the weapon across multiple targets, eliminating all of them with a single fire event.
Fusion rifles are intended for medium range combat, significantly outpacing a standard shotgun, but must be charged up to fire. The charge speed varies per weapon, but in general it makes the weapon significantly slower to fire than a shotgun and the bolts fired have travel time, unlike most other weapons, where the bullets travel instantly on the way to their target. If the user is adept, however, they can bypass this delay by pre-charging the weapon before acquiring line of sight to their target and finding perks that boost the fusion rifle's range, which actually represents the speed at which the bolts travel. While it was not built to handle long range combat, users that can tame its recoil and have a little luck on their side may find themselves picking off targets outside the approved range. This is because stability represents the bolt spread. The higher the stability, the narrower the spread, thus increasing overall accuracy. In rare instances, they can kill multiple targets in one shot.
Fusion rifles are split into three different archetypes: fast charge rate with a lower impact, high impact with a lower charge rate, and a medium charge rate with a moderate impact. From a statistically standpoint, the medium charge rate/moderate-impact seems to be the most reliable, but faster charge rate fusion rifles work well in a panic, and those with the highest impact can kill most foes with ease.
- Dammerung FR5
- Helios FR5
- Nox Cantor II
- Nox Fury IV
- Nox Revus II
- Nox Revus III
- Primed Nox Revus IV
- Prost FR2
- SK5 Type-Null
- Solas FR2
- Solas FR3
- Tengoku FR2A
- 77 Wizard
- Conduit F3
- Final Rest II
- Perun's Fire (Iron Banner)
- Praetorian Foil (Vault of Glass)
- Purifier VII
- The Calming
- Murmur (The Dark Below Story reward)
- Light of the Abyss (Crota's End)
- PLUG ONE.1
- The Trolley Problem
- The Frenzy
- Snakebite Surgeon
- Give/Take Equation
- Techeun Force (Queen's Wrath)
- Servant of Aksor (Prison of Elders)
- Exile's Curse (obtained during Trials of Osiris event)
- Long Far Gone
- Panta Rhei
- Hitchhiker FR4
- The Vortex
- The Vacancy
- Elevating Vision (available from Trials of Osiris)
- Ashraven's Flight (available from the Iron Banner)
- Midha's Reckoning (King's Fall raid)
- Techeun Rage (available from Prison of Elders)
- Darkblade's Spite
- Susanoo (quest completion reward from Gunsmith at rank 2)
- Omolon Thesan FR4
- Saladin's Vigil (Archon's Forge)
- The Branded Lord (available from the Iron Banner)
- Stellar Vestige (available from Trials of Osiris)
- ETHER NOVA~ (Wrath of the Machine)
- Worlds to Come 001
- The Waiting
- Each New Day
- Ex Astris
- 77 Wizard
Destiny 2 Year one
- Main Ingredient
- Loaded Question - Reward completion from a quest picked up from Commander Zavala. (Black Armory)
- Cartesian Coordinate
- Conjecture TSC
- Critical Sass
- Nox Echo III
- Nox Veneris II
- Shock and Awe
- Erentil FR4
- Elatha FR4
- Proelium FR3
- Techeun Force - Chance reward from Last Wish.
- Tempered Dynamo - Chance reward from Scourge of the Past.
- The Emperor's Envy - Chance reward from Leviathan, Spire of Stars.
- The Epicurean - Chance reward from the Menagerie.
- The Wizened Rebuke - Chance reward from Iron Banner engrams.
- Timeline's Vertex - Chance reward from Cayde's treasure caches or from Future War Cult engrams.
- Dream Breaker (Shadowkeep)
- Zealot's Reward (Shadowkeep)
- Names for the fusion rifle during development include the "laser blaster" and "particle cannon."
- Fusion rifles were once stated to only effective at close range
- The process of charging up an energy based weapon harkens to the fusion and plasma pistols of Bungie's Marathon and Halo series respectively.
List of appearances
|Browse more images on this article's gallery page.|