- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
- "I cannot permit you to exist"
Black Hammer is a Legendary Year 1 Sniper Rifle that deals Solar damage and is rewarded from defeating Crota, Son of Oryx in the Crota's End Raid. It can be acquired in Year 2 as an exotic called Black Spindle by either getting it as a random drop from the raid or getting the Year 2 iteration by completing the alternate ending to the story mission Lost To Light on Heroic difficulty. Black Hammer is also one of only a select few sniper rifles to possess an extremely high impact. It is joined in Year 2 by the Black Spindle, the Devil's Dawn, the Ex Machina, and the Event Horizon.
- Solar Damage- This weapon causes Solar damage.
Column 1: (able to select any one of these perks)
- Ambush SLH25- Agile, snappy scope. Handles beautifully. Rewards a skilled hand.
- Tacsys SLS15- Mid-zoom scope. Useful for unpredictable situations.
- Hawkeye SLR15- Mid-zoom precision scope. Increased range and target acquisition. Heavy.
- White Nail- Rapidly landing three precision shots will refill the magazine. Ultimately, refunding those bullets. When the Black Spindle replaced the Black Hammer, they modified White Nail to refill ammo from reserves.
Column 3: (able to select any one of these perks)
- Snapshot- Aiming this weapon is incredibly fast.
- Flared Magwell- Reload this weapon even faster.
- Perfect Balance- This weapon has extremely low recoil.
- Hive Disruptor-
Black Hammer and Black Spindle have very similar appearances except Black Hammer is green and lacks the extra chamber on top of the barrel that Black Spindle has.