From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "I cannot permit you to exist."
Black Hammer is a Legendary Year 1 Sniper Rifle that deals Solar damage and is rewarded from defeating Crota, Son of Oryx in the Crota's End Raid. The weapon was also remade both in Year 2 of Destiny as an exotic called Black Spindle and as an Exotic in Destiny 2 known as Whisper of the Worm. Black Hammer is also one of only a select few sniper rifles to possess an extremely high impact. The weapon and its iterations are well known for their uses against bosses and Major enemies.
- Solar Damage: This weapon causes Solar damage.
- Ambush SLH25: Agile, snappy scope. Handles beautifully. Rewards a skilled hand.
- TacSys SLS15: Mid-zoom scope. Useful for unpredictable situations.
- Hawkeye SLR15: Mid-zoom precision scope. Increased range and target acquisition. Heavy.
- White Nail: Rapidly landing three precision shots will refill the magazine from your reserves.
- Snapshot: Aiming this weapon is incredibly fast.
- Flared Magwell: Reload this weapon even faster.
- Perfect Balance: This weapon has extremely low recoil.
- Mulligan: Missing a shot has a chance to return ammo directly to the magazine.
- Hive Disruptor: Increase damage to Hive Majors.
- Black Hammer and Black Spindle have very similar appearances except Black Hammer is green and lacks the extra chamber on top of the barrel that Black Spindle has.
- The weapon is well-liked by the community, which is why it has been remade twice.
- In its original incarnation, the White Nail perk did not drain ammo reserves. Effectively providing infinite ammo, provided one always landed precision hits.
- Black Hammer coupled with Fatebringer and Gjallarhorn produces one of the most overpowered weapon loadouts ever used in PvE. All three weapons are elemental with Fatebringer being Arc and both Black Hammer and Gjallarhorn being Solar. Finished off with a void subclass completes the trio and thus covers all elements.
List of appearances