- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
- "I cannot permit you to exist"
Black Hammer is a Legendary Year 1 Sniper Rifle that deals Solar damage and is rewarded from defeating Crota, Son of Oryx in the Crota's End Raid. It can be acquired in Year 2 as an exotic called Black Spindle by either getting it as a random drop from the raid or getting the Year 2 iteration by completing the alternate ending to the story mission Lost To Light on Heroic difficulty. Black Hammer is also one of only a select few sniper rifles to possess an extremely high impact. It is joined in Year 2 by the Black Spindle, the Devil's Dawn, the Ex Machina, and the Event Horizon.
- Solar Damage- This weapon causes Solar damage.
Column 1: (able to select any one of these perks)
- Ambush SLH25- Agile, snappy scope. Handles beautifully. Rewards a skilled hand.
- Tacsys SLS15- Mid-zoom scope. Useful for unpredictable situations.
- Hawkeye SLR15- Mid-zoom precision scope. Increased range and target acquisition. Heavy.
- White Nail- Rapidly landing three precision shots will refill the magazine from your reserves.
Column 3: (able to select any one of these perks)
- Snapshot- Aiming this weapon is incredibly fast.
- Flared Magwell- Reload this weapon even faster.
- Perfect Balance- This weapon has extremely low recoil.
- Hive Disruptor-
Black Hammer and Black Spindle have very similar appearances except Black Hammer is green and lacks the extra chamber on top of the barrel that Black Spindle has.