Calus was the last Cabal leader to claim the title. When Dominus Ghaul overthrew Calus, Ghaul refused to call himself Emperor, insisting that there would be no more Emperors. Nonetheless, a number of Cabal continued to refer to Ghaul as "the Emperor" as his authority was functionally the same. In his exile, Calus continued to use the title and considered himself the last Cabal Emperor and the last true Cabal.
The office of Emperor may be the subject of worship for the Cabal soldiers, based on Ta'aun's words and the Cabal's overall fanaticism for victory or death, given that all Cabal who are deployed are exiled from the Empire until they succeed in their task. This can be a homage to the theof the mythos.
List of appearances
- Destiny (First mentioned)
- The Taken King (Mentioned only)
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)
- Cabal Booklet (Mentioned only)
- Destiny Tracker - Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Cabal 3
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard
- Cabal Booklet