Fields of Glass
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Fields of Glass|
Complete The Gateway
Several months after the death of Dominus Ghaul and the turning of the tide in the Red War, Vex activity on Mercury dramatically increased. Apparently, the reawakening of the Traveler and the wave of Light it unleashed was an event the Vex had anticipated, and now that it had come to pass, the Vex had advanced to a new phase of their plans. Guardian forces were dispatched to the Fields of Glass by Ikora Rey, in a bid to find Osiris and stop the Vex from merging with time.. Cabal Red Legion survivors from The Almighty have attempted to occupy the planet, resulting in a stalemate with the Vex forces stationed there.
Points of interest
Besides Public Events and VIP targets, this location has a lot more activity than a standard destination.
- When the message "Enemy forces are fighting over a lost treasure" appears, two Axis Harpies will appear. Kill them both to unlock the chest they are guarding.
- Periodically, two Hobgoblins will appear in one of the four corners of the map underneath a man cannon. Kill them both to activate the cannon. Repeat this two more times to cause an Ultra Minotaur and some regular Goblins to appear at each of the locations. Kill it to receive a chest. This can be done to all 3 Minotaurs that spawn (provided you are quick enough).
- During a Flashpoint on Mercury, two new boss encounters become available: during the prisoner transfer event, the Brawl gladiator is joined by three shielded Psion Flayers: Vrees, Barit and Rudoc. Another encounter is where the lost treasure encounter adds a powerful Ultra Hydra called a Terminus Keeper that is protected by a large dome shield, forcing players to fight in close quarters. If not defeated quickly enough, the game will display the message "It's barrier depleted, the Terminus Keeper retreats to the depths of the Infinite Forest". Within seconds of this message appearing, the Terminus Keeper will disappear along with the shield.
- Cabal and Vex Ultras, known as Mercury Conquerors and Mercury Defenders respectively, will spawn frequently. They can be anything from Hobgoblins, Minotaurs, Hydras, Legionaries, Incendiors, Centurions, Colossi. Killing the elite versions of these enemies will drop a loot chest.
- The Lighthouse (Landing Zone)
- Infinite Forest
- The Burning Shrine (Crucible map)
- Radiant Cliffs (Crucible map)
- Prior to Season of Dawn, the use of Sparrows was unavailable. Only Cabal Interceptors were capable of being used by players, but had to be commandeered.
- The only instance that players could use Sparrows was during a specific section in the Tree of Probabilities strike and story mission.
- The Almighty is visible in the sky to the south-east.
The Pyramid blotting out the Sun