- "It swam back and forth through the air, spinning, the single red eye looking - I realized - for me."
- — Grimoire description
The Harpy is an airborne Vex unit capable of maximum speed and versatility.
Harpies fly rapidly in and out of combat. They must stop and stabilize before attacking, opening up their shells and revealing a writhing mass of filaments. They are equipped with Harpy Slap Rifles which, as its name suggests, is a weapon exclusively for the Harpy. In Destiny 2, Harpies employ the usage of a beam weapon fired from their bodies instead of a Slap Rifle. The meaning behind this modification remains unknown.
Harpies are highly aggressive when fought, often dodging and maneuvering around gunfire. They tend to congregate around Guardians in order to overwhelm them, and are highly dangerous in numbers. Harpies in Destiny use Slap Rifles, while those in Destiny 2 employ the Vex Laser Rifle.
- A group of Harpies is called a flock.
- Harpies, along with Hydras, are the only Vex unit that cannot teleport.
- In Destiny 2, a Harpy's back tentacles are colored to represent the type of damage they deal, either purple for Void or blue for Arc.
- Harpies are the smallest Vex unit but the most nimble with fast movement, a dodge maneuver, and a quicker spawn time than most other Vex troops.
A Hezen Corrective Harpy.
A Hezen Protective Harpy.
A Virgo Prohibition Harpy.
A Sol Divisive Harpy.
A Sol Primeval Harpy.
A Sol Imminent Harpy.
A Vex Sol Collective Harpy.
List of appearances