From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
1 - 3
Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level; could you write one?
- "Stop a Cabal simulation carrying heavy encrypted data."
- — In-game description
The Runner is an Adventure located in the Infinite Forest on Mercury. The Vex has simulated a Cabal unit carrying important data within the forest.
- Investigate the Cabal simulation
- Track the Simulated Cabal
- Pursue your target
- Retrieve the chest
- OSIRIS: Guardian, I've detected a single Cabal within a simulation, carrying encrypted data between two points. The scientist in me would say the Vex are running a test- a continual loop to establish a benchmark dataset. To what end, I am not sure.
- GHOST: Sounds like we'd better find out what they're after.
The player enters the Infinite Forest.
- SAGIRA: The Vex are focusing a lot of processing power on this particular simulation. This is a big deal for them.
- GHOST: if you can tell that, can't you terminate it from your end?
- SAGIRA: Ever try to remotely control a machine on a perpetual feedback loop? YOU'RE the off switch. Go close it down.
The Guardian fights their way through Fallen, Vex and Cabal enemies to open the gates forward.
- GHOST: With everything they could be doing in the Forest, why would the Vex choose to focus so much effort on a solitary Cabal in a single simulation?
- SAGIRA: It will depend on how important that one Cabal is. What it carries may be critical to their ultimate plans.
The player exits the Forest and proceeds into the Simulant Present. Here, they will meet up with the Valus Traud, Proxy.
- GHOST: He's making a break for it. Let's drop him.
The player pursues Traud through the maze and drops him.
- GHOST: Ok, let's see what inside. Oh. This is code for what looks like a phage. Part technology, part biology. Just like the Vex.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2
- Curse of Osiris (First appearance)