The Burning Shrine
|The Burning Shrine|
The Burning Shrine is a Crucible map located in the Fields of Glass on Mercury. It is full of ever-changing Vex architecture, and is accessible via the Trials of Osiris as well as normal Crucible. The Shrine is only one of many structures created by the Vex on Mercury before the planet was mysteriously abandoned. The map is also the location of the final step in the Sunbreaker Titan questline, where the Guardian travels to a former Sunbreaker base of operations.
- "They do not simply invade new worlds, they infect them - remaking them in their image, until only Vex remain."
- — Grimoire blurb.
ARENA DESIGNATION: The Burning Shrine
LOCATION: Fields of Glass, Mercury
This clockwork impossibility is but one small conduit in a vast network, extending throughout the dead planet's core.
The unknown energies and complex mechanics of the Shrine have been studied and mapped by the curious, yet its purpose remains a mystery. The only truth that can be agreed upon is that the structure is intimately tied to the past, and future, of one of our greatest enemies - the Vex.
The Shrine has been claimed as a battleground for the Crucible in an effort to familiarize Guardians with both Vex architecture and the otherworldly energies that signal their presence. Having a constant flow of combat-ready Guardians on hand should the Shrine ever achieve a higher functionality is simply a strategic byproduct of the Crucible's presence.
Despite the small size of the map, it is comprised of long and wide open areas with a number of vantage points. The main obstacle of the map, the rotating stone gears, serves as a form of cover throughout the otherwise long and open center path. Heavy Ammo spawns both outside and inside, both safely behind cover from the middle, but open to either end of their areas. The inside of the map contains multiple levels and a few tight corners providing a strong area for close to mid range fighting. Outside, the Sun provides those facing inward towards the center a form of natural defense, as those looking outside from in are subject to a the strong rays of light it emits, making it harder to properly view somebody on the outside in front of it.
- Bungie (2016/20/9), Destiny: Rise of Iron Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: The Burning Shrine
- Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: The Burning Shrine
- Youtube: Destiny: Mercury Map 'The Burning Shrine' And 'The Trials Of Osiris' Information And Details
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, A March of Fire