- "They’ve come to Earth now. Like a nightmare come true."
"We pushed them back."
"That’s what you think?"
"This place is rotten. It’s become like them."
- —Two Warlocks
- "The scars of our collapse mark the land. Reminders that all is fragile in the face of time."
- —Grimoire blurb
ARENA DESIGNATION: The Rusted Lands
LOCATION: Eastern Flood Zone, Earth
Not so long ago, a wandering Hunter and her Fireteam stumbled onto a feral community in the Eastern Flood Zone. The gaunt survivors huddled in these bombed-out ruins spoke of a terrible presence and begged for protection. No self-respecting Guardian could refuse.
As night fell, the Guardians found themselves the hunted - stalked through the ruins by shapes of bone and shadow. The discovery of a Hive Seeder made the truth plain. Mankind's ancient enemy had come to Earth.
The final confrontation came in the shadow of the Seeder, as a Hive Wizard and her Knights rose to challenge the Guardians. Only one Guardian returned to the City, her knife painted in black ash, a trail of grateful survivors in tow.
Now, in the chilling shadows of the Hive's pods, Guardians hone their skills in hopes that they may one day live up to the heroes of the Rusted Lands.
Rusted Lands is a small, flat map dotted with old, crumbling buildings and some Hive structures, and is small in size. No vehicles or stationary turrets spawn on the map. Nearly every place in the map can be accessed via multiple routes, including from above and/or below, so staying on the move and concentrating team fire are the keys to success. This leads to opportunities for lucrative multi-kills using heavy weapons and/or Super abilities.
- Occasionally a Tombship will spawn just outside the map, typically beside one of the Seeder Ships. It cannot be affected by Guardians nor will shoot at them.
- ^ Bungie (2016/20/9), Destiny: Rise of Iron PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Rusted Lands
- ^ Bungie (2014/9/9), Destiny: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: The Rusted Lands
- ^ IGN - First Game for July is...Destiny