- "The Cabal are gonna regret giving this place up."
"Clearly they did."
"The Cabal don’t even have a word for “retreat.” They didn’t run; they’ve moved onto strategic targets."
- — Two Titans
- "The Cabal are too structured, too disciplined. Let's show 'em what fun looks like."
- — Grimoire card
ARENA DESIGNATION: Black Shield
LOCATION: Firebase Thuria, Phobos
Codenamed "Black Shield," this decommissioned Firebase is believed to have been a key position used by the Cabal as they established their warbase on the surface of Mars. With the majority of their forces stationed planet side, Guardians have been able to claim Black Shield as a competitive training ground.
The map is divided into four main areas, with several hallways and paths connecting them together. A and C rooms are on opposite sides of the map, each with one door to the inside room, and two paths to the outside B area. Heavy Ammo spawns outside near B and in the inside area. Outside at B the area is wide open with many routes in, however a man high wall around B point proper acts as cover, breaking up the otherwise huge open space. Inside, three doorways are the only means into the large interior room which has an elevated platform and corners with views of each door, creating an easy area to lockdown and hold. In non control based game types, this room is a priority do to the ease of holding it, and the difficultly to enter it without being seen from first.
- Judging by it's colors and banners, it may have belonged to the Sand Eaters.
- Occasionally a Harvester will spawn just outside the map. It cannot be affected by Guardians nor will it shoot at them.
- Four Cabal warships can be seen in the skybox.
- That firebase was build to be a key defensive position to the Cabal when they established their warbase on Mars.