Cathedral of Dusk
|Cathedral of Dusk|
The Taken King expansion
- "Can you tame a sickness?"
"Good question. Let’s go pick a fight and find out."
- — Titan and Hunter
- "The impact of Oryx’s arrival was immediate. He was all full of bluster and noise. We took offense — and that wasn’t all we took."
- — Lord Shaxx
ARENA DESIGNATION: Cathedral of Dusk
Dreadnaught, Rings of Saturn
As soon as the first Guardians penetrated the Dreadnaught, Shaxx's Redjacks launched a boarding party to Oryx's fortress. By war’s end, they'd fought all the way to the ship’s “impossible weapon,” the Dark ordnance that obliterated the Awoken fleet.
It was there they found what the Warlocks named the “Cathedral of Dusk.” A Hive burial site for— what? A former master of Oryx? Comrade? Lover? It was vile. And obvious that Oryx never expected the Light to reach so deep inside his throne, to such an intimate space. But he didn’t expect a lot of things — like a Guardian training ground atop the husk of his dead ship.
- This is the only Crucible map on the Dreadnaught.
- Occasionally a Tombship will spawn just outside the map. It cannot be affected by Guardians nor will shoot at them.
- Located in the map is a Wizard encased in some sort of Hive crystal surrounded in chains. It is not known who this Wizard is, but it is theorized that she is Verok, the mate of Alak-Hul, the Darkblade
- Bungie (2016/20/9), Destiny: Rise of Iron Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Cathedral of Dusk
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Cathedral of Dusk
- Bungie (2015/26/9), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard
- Bungie (2014-9-9), Destiny: PlayStation 3, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Cathedral of Dusk