Vault of Glass
|Vault of Glass|
|Destinypedia has a walkthrough guide to this level, Vault of Glass. See Vault of Glass/Walkthrough.|
|“||Beneath Venus, evil stirs.||”|
- "The Vault of Glass. A wound in time, a landmark to the Guardians. Only a legend such as you would be up to the challenge."
- —Ikora Rey
Described as the "Vex underworld" by the Ishtar Collective, the Vault is a virtual realm where the Vex can control reality—even erase people from existence. While these powers do not extend to outside the vault, its enigmatic nature has lured countless Guardians, including the ill-fated Kabr, the Legionless. Praedyth, another Guardian, has been trapped within the Vault for centuries.
- "The Vault of Glass is unique in all of the solar system. My scans indicate that other realities brush up against our own within the confines of the vault. So maybe you could even say it's unique in all the universes? The Vex are confusing."
After Guardians cleared out the Vault by defeating its master, Atheon, Skolas attempted to seize the power of the vault for himself in Wolves' Gambit. Skolas succeeded in tapping into the network and attempted to use it to pull the entire House of Wolves through time, but ultimately failed. Another attempt to seize the vault, this time by Oryx and the Taken, proved a much greater threat. Oryx utilized a corrupted Axis Mind, Morphon, for this task. The Vex believed that this would have truly meant the end for the Vex, for Oryx would have had access to and infected the entire Vex conflux network, until they realized that they could trick the Guardians into entering the Vault and stopping the Taken for them.
The Vault may also exist simultaneously in multiple realities, acting as an anchor for the Vex's operations.
The Vault is said to be "the most challenging experience that [Bungie] has ever created," and that players who complete it would "earn Destiny's ultimate rewards." It is a raid that will take "hours upon hours to complete."
The Vault of Glass includes a number of challenging puzzles, unique enemies, and boss fights, as well as various traps to instantly kill the entire party if performed incorrectly. Time travel to the past and future also plays an important part in the Vault.
- In the final boss room you will face several different programmings of Vex. As you exit the door leading into the room, they are as follows: left: Sol Primeval, center: Aphix Invasive, right: Sol Imminent (Descendants). Respectively, these Vex signify past, present and future. This is similar to the last fight in the Black Garden, where you must fight three bosses who symbolize past, present and future (the Sol Progeny).
- At multiple points throughout the Vault, it is possible to observe specks of light darting in and out of view. Upon closer examination it is shown these are actually projections of Ghosts.
List of appearances
- ^ a b c Destiny Game Wiki: Quest - The Taken War: Venus
- ^ Bungie (2014/7/7), Destiny, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Story Mission: The Archive
- ^ Bungie (2014/7/7), Destiny: House of Wolves, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Vault of Glass
- ^ Bungie (2015/5/19), Destiny: House of Wolves, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Story Mission: Wolves' Gambit
- ^ Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Story Mission: Paradox
- ^ Youtube: Destiny - E3 Gameplay Experience Trailer - E3 2014
- ^ Youtube: Destiny - Angry Joe Interview E3 2014
- ^ NeoGAF: New Destiny Gameplay