From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "A Sunbreaker does not answer to any but the will of the Light. [...] Wield no power but the fury of fire!"
- — Ouros
Sunbreaker is a Solar-based Titan subclass featured in Destiny and Destiny 2.
The Hammer fell upon the horde in such numbers as to blind the eye and burn the soul. Our phalanx broke their front lines and incinerated the Thrall that reinforced their flank. I looked around the battlefield with pride upon the scores of once-disparate Guardians united to expel the Hive from our backyard. The Honor of Cormorant would win this day because of differences set aside and alliances hard-struck.
Alas, we both know how that day truly ended. Our early fortunes would be our doom. Green fire and failure would be your sole remembrance of that day.
But I remember different. I saw an alliance forged in the heat of the Sunbreakers' luminescence despite your opposition. That is what I remember.
If our flame should one day flicker and die, let it be to set your history ablaze.
Upgrades (Destiny 1)
- "Forge the fury of undying suns."
- — Class Description
- Fusion Grenade—an explosive grenade that causes bonus damage when attached to its target
- Thermite Grenade—a grenade that sends forward a burning line of fire
- Incendiary Grenade—a grenade whose explosion catches enemies on fire, causing additional damage over time
- Lift—jump and then press again while in the air to activate Lift
- Increased Height—upgrades Lift to carry you higher
- Increased Control—upgrades Lift for better directional control while in the air
- Catapult—upgrades Lift to provide a strong initial burst of momentum
- Hammer of Sol—summon a flaming hammer and wreak destruction down upon your enemies
- Forgemaster—throw more hammers, and hammers cause bigger explosions
- Suncharge—press during Hammer of Sol to hurl yourself forward. Enemies in your path explode, chaining fiery damage to other enemies
- Scorched Earth—ignite the world, creating Sunspots everywhere your Hammer of Sol impacts
- Sunstrike—burn your enemies with a heavy Solar Melee strike
- Melting Point—burn away your target's defenses. While burning, targets are weakened to both you and your allies
- Thermal Vent—Sunstrike releases a Solar explosion on hit. Kills create a Sunspot that damages enemies inside
- Stoke the Forge—reduces Sunstrike cooldown. Getting a killing blow with Sunstrike instantly recharges it
Tier 5—Training 1
- Titan Codex I—training focused on battle recovery and toughness
- Titan Codex II—training focused on speed and toughness
- Titan Codex III—training focused on battle recovery and speed
Tier 6—Perks 1
- Flameseeker—your Hammer of Sol will alter its flight path to seek out your enemies
- Explosive Pyre—enemies felled by your hammer explode, chaining fiery Solar damage to others
- Fleetfire—enemies felled by your fire grant you bonus agility and reload speed. Stacks up to 3 times
Tier 7—Training 2
- Titan Codex IV—training focused on all attributes
- Titan Codex V—training focused on maximum recovery
- Titan Codex VI—training focused on raw speed
Tier 8—Perks 2
- Simmering Flames—when Super energy is full, grenade and melee abilities recharge twice as fast
- Cauterize—enemies brought down by your fire regenerate your health
- Fire Keeper—while standing in a Sunspot you gain an Overshield and Hammer of Sol lasts longer
Upgrades (Destiny 2)
- Incendiary Grenade: An explosive grenade that catches enemies in its radius on fire.
- Thermite Grenade: A grenade that sends forth a line of fire.
- Fusion Grenade: A grenade that deals bonus damage when attached to enemies.
- Towering Barricade: A large barrier that seals off dangerous areas for a short time.
- Rally Barricade: A small barrier that can be peeked over while aiming down sights and instantly reloads the equipped weapon of whoever hides behind it.
- High Lift: Upgrades Lift to reach greater heights.
- Straft Lift: Upgrades Lift to provide better directional control.
- Catapult Lift: Upgrades Lift to provide a strong initial burst of speed.
- Hammer of Sol: Summon forth a flaming hammer that can be thrown at enemies.
Code of the Fireforged
- Hammer Strike: Swing a blazing hammer that damages multiple enemies after sprinting.
- Tempered Metal: Solar ability kills grant you and nearby allies better movement and reload speed.
- Battle Forge: Enemies killed by Hammer of Sol explode.
- Vulcan Rage: Hammers shatter into explosive molten embers upon impact.
Code of the Siegebreaker
- Mortar Blast: A melee ability that unleashes a Solar explosion, setting nearby enemies on fire.
- Sun Warrior: Solar ability kills restore health. Grenade and melee kills leave Sunspots in their wake.
- Ring of Fire: Solar abilities recharge faster while standing in a Sunspot.
- Solar Siege: Hammers create a Sunspot on impact. Throw hammers faster while standing in a Sunspot.
Code of the Devastator
- Burning Maul: Changes the sunbreaker super to be a massive solar hammer, which can be used to strike quick, consecutive blows, or to slam the ground, leaving trails of fire.
- Throwing Hammer: Melee ability which throws a solar hammer. This hammer will drop on the ground once thrown, and can be picked up to recharge melee ability energy.
- Tireless Warrior: Picking up a hammer off the ground triggers health regeneration
- Roaring Flames: Killing enemies with the Throwing Hammer ability or any solar ability increases damage output, stacking up to three times.
Upgrades Solar 3.0 (Destiny 2: Witch Queen)
- Hammer of Sol: Summon a flaming hammer and wreak destruction down upon your enemies. Throw your hammer at foes. Upon impact, your hammer shatters into explosive molten shards.
- Burning Maul: Summon a flaming maul and crush your enemies with the force of an earthquake. Spin the Maul in a circle around you, damaging nearby targets. Slam the maul to the ground and create a cyclone of flames that seeks targets.
- Solar Grenade: A grenade that creates a flare of Solar Light which continually damages and scorches targets trapped inside.
- Firebolt Grenade: A grenade that unleashes bolts of damaging Solar Light at nearby targets and slightly scorches them.
- Fusion Grenade: An explosive grenade that attaches to its targets, damaging and moderately scorching them on detonation.
- Incendiary Grenade: A grenade that explodes in a fiery burst and heavily scorches nearby targets.
- Thermite Grenade: A grenade that sends forth a line of fire, dealing damage and scorching targets in its path.
- Swarm Grenade: A grenade that detonates on impact, releasing multiple drones that seek nearby enemies. Each drone slightly scorches affected targets.
- Tripmine Grenade: An explosive grenade that sticks to surfaces and detonates when enemies pass through its laser trigger, dealing damage and moderately scorching them.
- Healing Grenade: A grenade that cures allies on impact and creates Orb of benevolent Solar Light granting restoration to allies when picked up.
- Throwing Hammer: Throw a hammer from a distance. Picking up a thrown hammer fully recharges your melee ability. If the hammer struck a target, picking it up grants cure.
- Hammer Strike: After for a short time, use this melee ability to swing a blazing hammer that scorches your target and deals damage in a cone behind them. If your target is defeated by Hammer Strike, they ignite.
- Catapult Lift: Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air with a strong initial burst of momentum.
- Strafe Lift: Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air with a strong directional control.
- High Lift: Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air to greater heights.
- Towering Barricade: Create a large barrier that can be used to reinforce a position with cover enemy fire.
- Rally Barricade: Create a small barrier that you can peek over while aiming down sights and that increases weapon reload speed, stability, and range when you stand behind it.
- Sol Invictus (A golden medallion emblazoned with the symbol of a hammer, weighing heavy around your neck. Your inferno starts with a single flicker.): Solar ability final blows, Hammer of Sol impacts, and defeating scorched targets create Sunspots. Your abilities regenerate faster, and your Super drains more slowly while standing in a Sunspot. Sunspots apply scorch and deal damage to targets inside. Entering a Sunspot applies restoration. Fragment Slots (2)
- Roaring Flames (A Shard of obsidian, brimming with the light of day. Eons will pass before you fade.): Final blows with Solar abilities or ignitions increase the damage of your Solar abilities. Stacks 3 times. Fragment Slots (2)
- Consecration (The pommel stone of a battle-scarred war hammer, radiant with an inner fire. You reclaim this once-hallowed ground.): While sliding, activate your charged melee ability to launch a wave of Solar energy forward, damaging and scorching targets in front of you as you leap into the air. While airborne, activate your charged melee again to slam to the ground and create a second larger wave of damaging Solar energy. If the wave hits a scorched target, they ignite. Fragment Slots (1)
- Ember of Ashes: You apply more scorch stacks to targets.
- Ember of Beams: Your Solar Super projectiles have stronger target acquisition. +10 Intellect.
- Ember of Benevolence: Applying restoration, cure or radiant to allies grants increased grenade, melee, and class ability regeneration for a short duration.
- Ember of Blistering: Defeating targets with Solar ignitions grant grenade energy.
- Ember of Char: Your Solar ignitions spread scorch to affected targets. +10 Discipline.
- Ember of Combustion: Final blows with your Solar Super cause targets to ignite. +10 Strength.
- Ember of Eruption: Your Solar ignitions have increased area of effect. +10 Strength.
- Ember of Empyrean: Solar weapon or ability final blows extend the duration of restoration and radiant effects applied to you. -10 Resilience.
- Ember of Searing: Defeating scorched targets grants melee energy. +10 Recovery.
- Ember of Singeing: Your class ability recharges faster when you scorch targets.
- Ember of Solace: Radiant and restoration effects applied to you have increased duration.
- Ember of Tempering: Solar weapon final blows grant you and your allies increased recovery for a short duration. Stacks 3 times. While Ember of Tempering is active, your weapons have increased airborne effectiveness. -10 Recovery.
- Ember of Torches: Powered melee attacks against combatants make you and nearby allies radiant.
- Ember of Wonder: Rapidly defeating multiple targets with Solar ignitions generates an Orb of Power. +10 Resilience.
Two Sunbreakers guarding the Hammer of Sol Flame which is capable of granting the Hammer of Sol Super to any Titan who proves themselves worthy.
List of appearances
- The Taken King (First appearance)
- Destiny 2