From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "Some of us know the difference a Fireteam makes. Some of us...we touch the Void. Make it a part of us. And then we take a name...Nightstalker. Hunt from the shadows, pin them down, never let them see you coming. "
- — Cayde-6
Nightstalker is a Void-based Hunter subclass.
The Bladedancers deride us as slow. The Gunslingers say we lack precision. "How is that better than a knife?" "How is that better than a flaming pistol?" Well.
My boots sink inches into the ground with every step. My rebreather filters the stench out of the air, but my eyes sting like I'm showering with battery acid.
"We're almost there," my Ghost chirps. My jaw clenches. I know we're almost there, Little Light.
This vile marsh opens to reveal a black cave's maw. Inside, an infinite number of little green eyes flicker like bad stars. CRACK! I fire a single bullet into the air and the horde in the cave shrieks and runs out.
"This is it, you two." The Warlock and Titan leap from the bog behind me. A Bow appears in my hands, and I let a single binding shot loose from the shadow.
Now there are Orbs of Power everywhere. Eat, my friends. Eat.
Upgrades (Destiny 1)
- "Draw from the Void. Light the way."
- — Class Description
- Spike Grenade—a grenade that attaches to any surface and emits a torrent of damaging Void Light
- Voidwall Grenade—a grenade that creates a horizontal wall of burning Void Light
- Vortex Grenade—a grenade that creates a Vortex, continually damaging enemies trapped inside
- Double Jump—jump a second time after leaving the ground
- Higher Jump—upgrades Double Jump for even greater height
- Better Control—upgrades Double Jump for better directional control while in the air
- Triple Jump—upgrades Double Jump with a third jump
- Shadowshot—tether foes to a Void Anchor, slowing, weakening and suppressing them for you and your allies
- Blood Bound—tethered enemies explode when killed. Damage to tethered enemies is shared to all
- Black Hole—the Void Anchor has increased range, lasts significantly longer and can tether more targets
- Quiver—fire Shadowshot up to three times. Void Anchors have reduced range
- Smoke—throw Smoke to slow and disorient those trapped in its cloud
- Envenomed—adds a toxin that damages enemies within Smoke
- Vanish in Smoke—you and allies near Smoke explosions vanish from sight
- Snare—allows Smoke to stick to surfaces, detonating when enemies are near
Tier 5—Training 1
- Path Forgotten—training focused on toughness and speed
- Path Forbidden—training focused on battle recovery and speed
- Path Unknown—training focused on battle recovery and toughness
Tier 6—Perks 1
- Courage of the Pack—killing tethered targets increases Recovery and Armor for you and nearby allies. Stacks up to 5 times
- Light of the Pack—killing tethered targets creates Orbs of Light for your allies
- Lockdown—grenade and Smoke effects last twice as long, allowing strong territory control
Tier 7—Training 2
- Way of the Drifter—training focused on all attributes
- Way of the Fearless—training focused on toughness at all costs
- Way of the Nomad—training focused on maximum battle recovery
Tier 8—Perks 2
- Keen Scout—sprint and Sneak faster, gain Enhanced Tracker and the ability to Mark targets you damage
- Predator—the Void Anchors fired from Shadowshot become traps that stick to surfaces and wait for prey
- Shadestep—press O, O (PlayStation) or B, B (Xbox) to evade
Upgrades (Destiny 2)
- Vortex Grenade: Creates a vortex that continuously damages enemies trapped inside.
- Spike Grenade: Attaches to any surface and emits a damaging torrent of Void Light.
- Voidwall Grenade: Creates a horizontal burning wall of Void Light.
- Marksman's Dodge: Dodging automatically reloads your equipped weapon.
- Gambler's Dodge: Dodging near enemies recharges melee energy.
- High Jump: Upgrades Double Jump to reach greater height.
- Strafe Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with better directional control.
- Triple Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with an extra midair jump.
- Shadowshot—Tether foes to a Void Anchor, slowing, weakening and suppressing them for you and your allies
Way of the Trapper
- Snare Bomb: Throw a smoke bomb that attaches to surfaces and detonates when enemies are near, slowing and disorienting them.
- Keen Scout: Gain increased sprint and sneak speeds, and an enhanced motion tracker. Tethered enemies are marked.
- Deadfall: Shadowshot's Anchors have increased range and duration, and attach to surfaces to wait for prey.
- Vanishing Step: Dodging makes you vanish for a short time.
Way of the Pathfinder
- Vanish in Smoke: Throw a smoke bomb from a distance, making you and nearby allies invisible and providing the Heart of the Pack buff.
- Lockdown: Grenade and smoke bomb effects last twice as long.
- Moebius Quiver: Shadowshot can be fired in rapid succession and deal bonus damage to tethered enemies. Defeating tethered targets creates Orbs of Power and grants nearby allies the Heart of the Pack buff.
- Heart of the Pack: Grants weapon haste and increases Mobility, Resilience, and Recovery.
Way of the Wraith
- Spectral Blades: A roaming Void super which grants invisibility and Truesight when cast and gives the player two void daggers which deal massive damage.
- Corrosive Smoke: Melee ability which throws a smoke bomb that explodes in a line, damaging and slowing enemies from afar.
- Flawless Execution: Scoring precision kills while crouched grants invisibility and Truesight.
- Shattering Strike: Hitting enemies with a melee attack after triggering Flawless Execution weakens then and also reduces their damage output.
Upgrades Void 3.0 (Destiny 2: Witch Queen)
- Shadowshot: Tether foes to a Void Anchor, slowing, weakening and suppressing them for you and your allies
- Deadfall: The Void Anchors fired from Shadowshot pull targets toward the impact point, which then become traps and wait for prey. Void Anchors have increased range and last longer.
- Mobius Quiver: Fire two volleys of three Void Arrows that seek nearby targets. Shadowshot makes targets volatile and deals increased damage to tethered targets. Defeating tethered targets creates Orbs of Power.
- Spectral Blades: Summon a pair of deadly Void Blades and stalk the battlefield in a veil of shadows.
- Light Attack: Perform a quick melee attack.
- Heavy Attack: Perform a heavy attack and once more vanish from sight.
- Light Attack: Perform a quick melee attack.
- Axion Bolt: A bolt of Void Light that forks on impact into smaller bolts that seek out targets.
- Magnetic Grenade: A grenade that attaches to targets and explodes twice.
- Suppressor Grenade: An explosive grenade that suppresses, preventing targets from using abilities for a short time.
- Scatter Grenade: A grenade that splits into multiple submunitions and covers a large area with multiple explosions.
- Void Spike: A grenade that attaches to any surface and emits a torrent of damaging Void Light.
- Void Wall: A grenade that creates a horizontal wall of burning Void Light.
- Vortex Grenade: A grenade that creates a vortex that pulls targets inward and continuously damages those trapped inside.
- Snare Bomb: Throw a Smoke Bomb, which attaches to surfaces and pings enemy radar. Weakens targets on detonation.
- High Jump: While airborne, jump a second time to reach greater heights.
- Strafe Jump: While airborne, jump a second time with strong directional control.
- Triple Jump: While airborne, sustain your air control with a second or third jump.
- Gambler's Dodge: Dodge to perform a deft tumble, avoiding enemy attacks. Dodging near enemies fully recharges your Melee Ability.
- Marksman's Dodge: Dodge to perform a evasive maneuver with a steady hand. Dodging automatically reloads your weapon.
- Stylish Executioner (The boast which sucks the air from the room. Let your enemies know your might before you take them down.): Defeating a weakened, suppressed, or volatile target grants invisibility and Truesight. After performing a Stylish Execution, your next melee attack while invisible weakens targets. Fragment Slots (2)
- Trappers Ambush (The eyes which bear down on you from a place you cannot see. Ensnare your enemies before they can see you coming.): Activate Quickfall to spend your melee charge and dive to the ground, creating a large smoke cloud on impact, which then dissipates. Targets caught in the cloud are weakened, and allies are made invisible. Your Smoke Bomb makes nearby allies invisible when it attaches to nearby surfaces or targets. Fragment Slots (1)
- Vanishing Step (The wiles of a seasoned interlocutor; dodge any unwanted affronts and slip by unseen.): Dodging makes you invisible. Fragment Slots (2)
- Echo of Dilation: When crouched, you sneak faster and gain enhanced radar resolution; +10 Mobility; +10 Intellect.
- Echo of Domineering: After suppressing a target, you gain greatly increased Mobility for a short duration and your equipped weapon is reloaded from reserves; +10 Disipline.
- Echo of Exchange: Melee final blows grant grenade energy.
- Echo of Expulsion: Void ability final blows cause targets to explode; +10 Intellect.
- Echo of Harvest: Defeating weakened targets with precision final blows will create an Orb of Power; -10 Intellect.
- Echo of Instability: Defeating targets with grenades grants Volatile Rounds to your Void weapons; +10 Strength.
- Echo of Leeching: Melee final blows start health regeneration for you and nearby allies; +10 Resilience.
- Echo of Obscurity: Finisher final blows grant Invisibility; +10 Recovery.
- Echo of Persistence: Void buffs applied to you (Invisibility, Overshield, and Devour) have increased duration; -10 Mobility.
- Echo of Provision: Damaging targets with grenades grants melee energy; -10 Strength.
- Echo of Remnants: Your lingering grenade effects (Vortex Grenade, Void Wall, Void Spike, and Axion Bolt) have increased duration.
- Echo of Reprisal: Final blows while surrounded by combatants grant Super Energy.
- Echo of Starvation: Picking up an Orb of Power grants Devour; -10 Recovery.
- Echo of Undermining: Your Void grenades weaken targets; -20 Discipline.
List of appearances
- The Taken King (First appearance)
- Destiny 2