From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
The Sentinel is a Void-based Titan subclass that is available in Destiny 2. It gains access to a Void shield that can be used in close quarters and as a thrown projectile. The Ward of Dawn from its predecessor, the Defender, can also be used with the appropriate subclass tree.
I'm shaking, hands on my knees, panting. Let the monsters come. Let them come forever. Let them climb the piled bodies of their dead. I don't care. That's the thing I do better than anyone. Not care. Let them come in their hundreds and every one will die at my feet. I don't care about their homing rockets, their exotic matter slugs, their blades from another dimension.
I don't care because I cannot be moved. I am the wall against which the Darkness breaks.
I am a wall. And walls don't move. Because walls don't care.
- "Valiant heart, unwavering resolve."
- — Class Description
Set 1 - Grenades
- Magnetic Grenade—An explosive grenade that attaches to enemies and detonates twice.
- Voidwall Grenade—A grenade that creates a horizontal wall of burning Void energy.
- Suppressor Grenade—An explosive grenade that temporarily suppresses enemy abilities.
Set 2 - Movement
- High Lift—Upgrades Lift for higher vertical reach.
- Strafe Lift—Upgrades Lift for more directional control.
- Catapult Lift—Upgrades Lift for a strong initial momentum burst.
Set 3 - Super
- Sentinel Shield—Form a Void shield that can bash enemies in melee range and be thrown from a distance as a projectile.
Set 4 - Class Abilities
- Towering Barricade—A large barrier that can be used for cover or to seal off dangerous areas for a short time.
- Rally Barricade—A small barrier that can be peeked over while aiming down sights and instantly reloads your equipped weapon when taking cover.
Set 5 - Subclass Tree 1: Code of the Protector
As the name suggests, Code of the Protector is oriented primarily towards providing protection for oneself and allies. Its abilities focus primarily around being able to take more damage.
- Defensive Strike—Killing an enemy with this melee attack creates an Overshield around you and nearby allies.
- Rallying Force—Melee kills restore health for you and nearby allies.
- Turn The Tide—Your Overshield from Defensive Strike lasts longer and increases melee damage and reload speed.
- Ward of Dawn—When Super energy is full, press and hold to create a shielding dome to protect you and your allies.
Set 6 - Subclass Tree 2: Code of the Aggressor
Code of the Aggressor is self-explanatory, in that it focuses primarily on aggressive use of abilities.
- Shield Bash—After sprinting for a short time, use this melee ability to unleash a Shield Bash that disorients enemies and suppresses the target of the Shield Bash.
- Superior Arsenal—Grenade kills recharge your Grenade energy.
- In The Trenches—Kills while surrounded by enemies reduce the cooldown of your Super.
- Second Shield—Gain an additional Shield Throw charge while Sentinel Shield is active.
Set 7 - Subclass Tree 3: Code of the Commander
Code of the Commander provides a mix of the supportive and aggressive gameplay seen in the other two trees. The main mechanic, void detonators, are especially effective when paired with Magnetic Grenades.
- Banner Shield—a modification to the Sentinel Shield super which replaces the standard block with a massive barrier which blocks incoming damage but allows allies to shoot through it. Shots fired through the shield receive a damage bonus.
- Tactical Strike—Melee ability which causes a void explosion, setting off nearby void detonators.
- Controlled Demolition—Void ability usage plants small void detonators onto enemy targets, which explode when shot at. Any subsequent void damage from these detonators will plant more detonators on enemies, chaining void explosions.
- Resupply—When void detonators explode near you or nearby allies, it recharges grenade energy and heals.
- Void-Based Fist Punch
- Void-Based Shoulder Charge
Upgrades Void 3.0 (Destiny 2: Witch Queen)
- Ward of Dawn: Create an indestructible dome to protect you and your allies. Passing through Ward of Dawn grants you and your allies a temporary increase to weapon damage.
- Sentinel Shield: Guard with a Sentinel Shield to create a defensive wall. Allies who shoot through the wall have increased weapon damage, and guarding allies makes the shield last longer.
- Super button: Summon a Shield of Void Light. While Sentinel Shield is active:
- Attack button: Attack
- Block button: Block
- Throw button: Perform a Shield Throw.
- Super button: Summon a Shield of Void Light. While Sentinel Shield is active:
- Axion Bolt: A bolt of Void Light that forks on impact into smaller bolts that seek out targets.
- Magnetic Grenade: A grenade that attaches to targets and explodes twice.
- Suppressor Grenade: An explosive grenade that suppresses, preventing targets from using abilities for a short time.
- Scatter Grenade: A grenade that splits into multiple submunitions and covers a large area with multiple explosions.
- Void Spike: A grenade that attaches to any surface and emits a torrent of damaging Void Light.
- Void Wall: A grenade that creates a horizontal wall of burning Void Light.
- Vortex Grenade: A grenade that creates a vortex that pulls targets inward and continuously damages those trapped inside.
- Shield Throw: Hurl your Void Shield toward a target. The shield can ricochet off targets and surfaces, granting Overshield for each target hit.
- Shield Bash: After sprinting for a short time, use this melee ability to unleash a devastating Shield Bash that suppresses the target. Final blows with Shield Bash grant an Overshield.
- Catapult Lift: Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air with a strong initial burst of momentum.
- Strafe Lift: Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air with a strong directional control.
- High Lift: Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air to greater heights.
- Towering Barricade: Create a large barrier that can be used to reinforce a position with cover enemy fire.
- Rally Barricade: Create a small barrier that you can peek over while aiming down sights and that increases weapon reload speed, stability, and range when you stand behind it.
- Controlled Demolition (The seed of the unknown, which sprouts into yawning absence. Sustain your allies with the destruction of those who oppose you.): Hitting a target with a Void ability or Volatile explosion makes them Volatile. Further damage to a volatile target causes them explode. Grants you and nearby allies health when volatile targets explode near you. Fragment Slots (2)
- Offensive Bulwark (A dilation in space used to manipulate the timing of Void abilities. Press the attack to double down on your advantage.): While you have an Overshield or are inside Ward of Dawn, your grenade charges significantly faster, you have increased melee range and damage, and melee final blows extend the duration of your Overshield. You gain an additional shield throw while in Sentinel Shield. Fragment Slots (2)
- Bastion (Food for the schism between allies and enemies. Protect those close to you with a barrier of distilled time.): Cast your Super to grant Overshield to nearby allies. Casting your Barricade grants Overshield to yourself and nearby allies and empowers it. enabling it to slowly regenerate the Overshield of allies bunkering behind it and extend their Overshield duration. Fragment Slots (1)
- Echo of Dilation: When crouched, you sneak faster and gain enhanced radar resolution; +10 Mobility; +10 Intellect.
- Echo of Domineering: After suppressing a target, you gain greatly increased Mobility for a short duration and your equipped weapon is reloaded from reserves; +10 Disipline.
- Echo of Exchange: Melee final blows grant grenade energy.
- Echo of Expulsion: Void ability final blows cause targets to explode; +10 Intellect.
- Echo of Harvest: Defeating weakened targets with precision final blows will create an Orb of Power; -10 Intellect.
- Echo of Instability: Defeating targets with grenades grants Volatile Rounds to your Void weapons; +10 Strength.
- Echo of Leeching: Melee final blows start health regeneration for you and nearby allies; +10 Resilience.
- Echo of Persistence: Void buffs applied to you (Invisibility, Overshield, and Devour) have increased duration; -10 Mobility.
- Echo of Provision: Damaging targets with grenades grants melee energy; -10 Strength.
- Echo of Remnants: Your lingering grenade effects (Vortex Grenade, Void Wall, Void Spike, and Axion Bolt) have increased duration.
- Echo of Reprisal: Final blows while surrounded by combatants grant Super Energy.
- Echo of Starvation: Picking up an Orb of Power grants Devour; -10 Recovery.
- Echo of Undermining: Your Void grenades weaken targets; -20 Discipline.
- Echo of Obscurity: Finisher final blows grant Invisibility; +10 Recovery.
- During development, the Sentinel was originally known as the Crusader.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)