From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "Spread your wings and set the sky ablaze"
- — Dawnblade Description
The Dawnblade is a Solar-based Warlock subclass that is available in Destiny 2. It grants the Warlock flight abilities in order to stay in the air longer, and access to a flaming sword that projects blasts of Solar energy for the Super.
The sword acts like a grenade when slashed and the player character can hover or walk when the Super is active. A total of eight swords can be thrown. The Attunement of Flame (aka bottom tree) subclass has the perk Everlasting Fire, which refunds super energy on kills, allowing more than eight swords to be thrown.
A young—by Warlock standards—apprentice holds out a hand and reaches for flame. Nothing. The wizened teacher laughs. "You're supposed to be teaching me. Not laughing."
The teacher's arm extends as one word hangs in the air, "Sword." As quickly as it appeared, the blade vanishes. "That doesn't help."
"Sword." In a flash, the blade appears again, this time at the student's throat. Both pairs of eyes widened. One aghast, one aglow. "Say it with me."
Two voices ring: "Sword."
A blade appears in each outstretched hand. A pair of wings form on each Warlock's back. Two Warlocks take flight and vow to never again look down.
- "Spread your wings and set the sky ablaze."
- — Class Description
Set 1 - Grenades
- Solar Grenade—A grenade that creates a flare of Solar Light which continually damages enemies trapped inside.
- Firebolt Grenade—A grenade that unleashes bolts of Solar Light at nearby enemies.
- Fusion Grenade—An explosive grenade that causes bonus damage when attached to its target.
Set 2 - Movement
- Balanced Glide— Glide jump ability provides bonuses to both speed and control.
- Burst Glide— Upgrades Glide for strong speed boosts.
- Controlled Glide— Glide jump ability provides better directional control while in the air.
Set 3 - Super
- Daybreak— Weave Solar Light into blades and smite your foes from the skies.
Set 4 - Class Abilities
- Healing Rift— Conjure a well of Light that continually heals those inside it.
- Empowering Rift— Conjure a well of Light that increases the attack power of those inside it.
Set 5 - Passive Path 1: Attunement Of Sky
- Celestial Fire— Send out a spiral of three explosive Solar energy blasts
- Winged Sun— Fire weapons, send celestial fire, and throw grenades while gliding. Airborne final blows extend the effects of Heat Rises and grant melee energy.
- Heat Rises— Consume your grenade energy to extend glide time and improve in-air accuracy
- Icarus Dash— Activate while in midair to dodge.
Set 6 - Passive Path 2: Attunement Of Flame
- Igniting Touch— Strike an enemy with this melee ability to burn them and cause them to explode.
- Fated For The Flame— Daybreak projectiles seek targets as they travel and, upon impact, launch a streak of deadly flames.
- Everlasting Fire— Killing an enemy with Daybreak extends its duration.
- Phoenix Dive— Quickly descend from mid-air and regenerate health.
Set 7 - Passive Path 3: Attunement of Grace
- Well of Radiance— A variation of Daybreak which slams the Daybreak sword into the ground, creating a massive rift which empowers and heals allies.
- Guiding Flame— Melee attacks that connect empower nearby allies
- Benevolent Dawn— Empowering nearby allies with Guiding Flame gives melee, grenade, and rift energy.
- Divine Protection— Hold the grenade button to turn your grenade into a Blessing, which acts as a health pickup which heals and shields allies.
- Attunement of Sky— Celestial fire: Send out a spiral of three explosive Solar energy blasts
- Attunement of Grace— Guiding Flame: Strike an enemy with this melee ability to inflict burn damage and empower yourself and nearby allies
- Attunement of Flame— Igniting touch: Strike an enemy with this melee ability to burn them and cause them to explode
Upgrades Solar 3.0 (Destiny 2: Witch Queen)
- Daybreak: Fashion Solar Light into blades and smite your foes from the sky. Your Daybreak projectiles launch a streak of deadly flames on impact.
- Well of Radiance: Thrust your Sword into the ground, damaging and scorching nearby targets. The Sword projects a continuous aura, granting restoration and radiant effects to nearby allies, protecting them from the effects of Stasis.
- Solar Grenade: A grenade that creates a flare of Solar Light which continually damages and scorches targets trapped inside.
- Firebolt Grenade: A grenade that unleashes bolts of damaging Solar Light at nearby targets and slightly scorches them.
- Fusion Grenade: An explosive grenade that attaches to its targets, damaging and moderately scorching them on detonation.
- Incendiary Grenade: A grenade that explodes in a fiery burst and heavily scorches nearby targets.
- Thermite Grenade: A grenade that sends forth a line of fire, dealing damage and scorching targets in its path.
- Swarm Grenade: A grenade that detonates on impact, releasing multiple drones that seek nearby enemies. Each drone slightly scorches affected targets.
- Tripmine Grenade: An explosive grenade that sticks to surfaces and detonates when enemies pass through its laser trigger, dealing damage and moderately scorching them.
- Healing Grenade: A grenade that cures allies on impact and creates Orb of benevolent Solar Light granting restoration to allies when picked up.
- Incinerator Snap: Snap your fingers to create a fan of burning sparks that explode and scorch targets.
- Celestial Fire: Send out a spiral of three explosive Solar energy blasts.
- Burst Glide: Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with a strong initial boost of speed.
- Strafe Glide: Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with strong directional control.
- Balanced Glide: Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with both moderate speed and directional control.
- Healing Rift: Conjure a well of power that continuously heals those inside it.
- Empowering Rift: Conjure a well of power that increases weapon damage for those inside it.
- Phoenix Dive: Dive to the ground and create a burst of Solar Light that cures nearby allies. While Heat Rises is active, you gain restoration while diving and scorch targets upon landing.
- Icarus Dash (A golden feather, drifting in the wind. One gust carries you where you need to go.): Dodge quickly while airborne. While Heat Rises is active, you have an additional dodge. Fragment Slots (2)
- Heat Rises (A singed tome, bound in leather with notes scratched in the margins. You hold immeasurable knowledge of the approaching dawn.): You can fire weapons, melee, and throw grenades while gliding. Hold to activate Heat Rises, consuming your grenade. Final blows while airborne increase the duration of Heat Rises and grant melee energy. Fragment Slots (2)
- Touch of Flame (A radiant cinder, still crackling as you hold it. With it, you could set the world aflame.): Your Healing, Solar, Firebolt, Fusion grenades have enhanced functionality. Fragment Slots (2)
- Healing Grenade: Improves the strength of cure and restoration effects applied.
- Solar Grenade: Increases linger duration. Periodically emits blobs of lava around its perimeter.
- Firebolt Grenade: Increases target search radius and maximum target count.
- Fusion Grenade: Explodes twice.
- Ember of Ashes: You apply more scorch stacks to targets.
- Ember of Beams: Your Solar Super projectiles have stronger target acquisition. +10 Intellect.
- Ember of Benevolence: Applying restoration, cure or radiant to allies grants increased grenade, melee, and class ability regeneration for a short duration.
- Ember of Blistering: Defeating targets with Solar ignitions grant grenade energy.
- Ember of Char: Your Solar ignitions spread scorch to affected targets. +10 Discipline.
- Ember of Combustion: Final blows with your Solar Super cause targets to ignite. +10 Strength.
- Ember of Eruption: Your Solar ignitions have increased area of effect. +10 Strength.
- Ember of Empyrean: Solar weapon or ability final blows extend the duration of restoration and radiant effects applied to you. -10 Resilience.
- Ember of Searing: Defeating scorched targets grants melee energy. +10 Recovery.
- Ember of Singeing: Your class ability recharges faster when you scorch targets.
- Ember of Solace: Radiant and restoration effects applied to you have increased duration.
- Ember of Tempering: Solar weapon final blows grant you and your allies increased recovery for a short duration. Stacks 3 times. While Ember of Tempering is active, your weapons have increased airborne effectiveness. -10 Recovery.
- Ember of Torches: Powered melee attacks against combatants make you and nearby allies radiant.
- Ember of Wonder: Rapidly defeating multiple targets with Solar ignitions generates an Orb of Power. +10 Resilience.
- Dawnblades are part of the new system for sub-class upgrades, where only one passive tree can be active at a time such as either "Attunement Of Sky" , "Attunement Of Fire", or "Attunment Of Grace" , this carries over to the older subclasses that have been brought back as well.
- The Daybreak sword acts similar to the Black Talon, an exotic Void sword.
- The Warlock Osiris is shown to use this subclass.
- As a part of an update to all Solar subclasses, the Attunement of Sky went through a particularly major reworking, including slowing down the speed at which players can be propelled by Icarus Dash while in the Dawnblade super, effectively neutering a lot of the speed players could reliably gain from using it.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)