Dominus is the highest position within the Cabal military hierarchy; only one individual is known to hold the title at a time. The Dominus commands the entirety of the Cabal Empire and its military, and specifically heads the Red Legion. The title was claimed by Ghaul after he refused to take the title of Emperor. Following Ghaul's death, Val Ca'uor would go on to usurp his position, and lead the Red Legion in the months following the Red War, before he was assassinated during an assault on the Leviathan.
- Dominus Ghaul (Killed during Red War campaign)
- Val Ca'uor (Assassinated during Spire of Star Raid Lair)
- Dominus is the Latin word for master or owner. As a title of sovereignty the term under the Roman Republic had all the associations of the Greek Tyrannos. Under the Emperor Diocletian it became an official title of the Roman Emperors. Later it became the term for feudal lords, and also an academic and ecclesiastical one as well; the latter term is rendered as "sir" in English, from the French translation of "Dominus", "sieur" .
- Even though Val Ca'uor becomes the acting leader of the Red Legion, he doesn't possess the rank of Dominus as Ghaul did.
- The rank Dominus is equal(or greater) to that of Emperor.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)
- Cabal Booklet (Mentioned only)