Elite Heavy Infantry
- "Where a Colossus stands, many will fall."
- — Grimoire description.
The Colossus is a robust type of Cabal elite warrior.
The Colossus is the single most dangerous Cabal unit in the order of battle, clad in nearly impenetrable armor and armed with a devastating arsenal of heavy weapons. Their primary weapon of choice is none other than the Heavy Slug Thrower, a large rotary machine gun which fires a hailstorm of microrockets at an incredibly fast rate. It is also shockingly accurate at long range, rendering any position on the battlefield potentially unfit for cover. Any Guardian who steps in its line of suppressive fire will have their shield melted in the blink of an eye and will be unable to fight back, for the microrockets fired can knock the player's aim off by a significant amount, so it best to stay mobile and run away.
Colossi also have the ability to fire homing missile swarms from pods on the back of their armor. These missiles have a high velocity and blast radius, so dodging them can prove to be a difficult prospect because if a full barrage hits their target they could swiftly destroy the player. Although Colossi dominate at long range, facing them up close is a bad idea as they will unleash a three-hundred-sixty degree ground smash called the "Quake" that can instantly kill Guardians. For those few that survive, they will suffer massive damage and tremendous knockback, causing them to die of impact with a hard surface at sufficient distance.
However, as fearsome as the Colossus is, they can prove to be vulnerable due to their low mobility, despite their ferocious size and strength. Precision weapons are good for taking them out at a distance while fully automatic weapons allow them a quick death up close.
In Destiny 2, Colossi serving the Red Legion primarily wield Cabal Slug Launchers that are capable of rapidly firing slugs or even energy beams. Red Legion Colossi also utilize Cabal Cluster Missiles, which function like a standard Colossus' missile swarm. However, these missiles are fired in larger clusters, deal Arc damage, and have a longer range. If these missiles hit, they will cause the player's screen to glow white for a few seconds, blinding them and greatly reducing their movement speed, effectively having the same effect as a Fallen Web Mine, albeit wearing off faster. Red Legion Colossi also utilize their jetpacks more often than Colossi of other legions.
- Bracus Dra'ang, a warrior of the Siege Dancers (potentially).
- Bracus Eratl, a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Bruiser Thurn, a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Dust-Choked Thrag, a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Enforcer Rusk, a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Excavator Valus, a commander of the Red Legion fought in the Cabal Excavation Public Event.
- Glomus, the Severing Slash, a warrior of the Red Legion fought in the Taken Blight Public Event.
- Jagad, the Overwhelming Surge, a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Kaaron, Blood Infernal, once a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Magnar the Rockjaw, once a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Moag, the Deafening Volley, a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Primus Cal'aug, a Primus serving within the Red Legion.
- Primus Ta'aun, a commander of the Skyburners.
- Prusk, the Unequaled Maul, a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Saarut, Blood Infernal, once a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Ta'aul, Disgraced Colossus, once a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Taskmaster Vazar, a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Val Garurc, a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Val Palusk, a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Valus Dulurc, once a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Valus Gho'ourn, a warrior of the Skyburners.
- Valus Pra'urg, a warrior of the Red Legion.
- Valus Ta'aurc, a commander of the Siege Dancers.
- Valus Tau'ugh, a champion of the Skyburners.
- Valus Traud, Proxy, the boss of The Runner Adventure
- Elite Colossus
- Fleet Colossus
- Imperial Colossus
- Blood Guard Colossus
- Honored Colossus
- Loyalist Colossus
List of appearances
- The Law Of The Jungle (First appearance)
- Destiny 2
- Game Informer January 2014, page 55
- Youtube: Destiny -- Dust Palace Strike Walkthrough (Only on PlayStation)