Tower (Destiny 2)
|Tower (Destiny 2)|
Following the defeat of Dominus Ghaul and his Red Legion, the Vanguard opened facilities on wall's ramparts while the original Tower, which was destroyed at the onset of the Red War, was restored. The new Tower provides a dramatic view of the reawakened Traveler.
In Destiny 2, the Tower acts as the main hub for Guardians in between activities. It is the second social space unlocked in the game, after The Farm. Once the Story mission Chosen is completed, The Farm's icon in the Director is replaced by an icon depicting the reawakened Traveler, which opens a map of the Tower and provides access to its landing zone. The Farm's icon is moved to the European Dead Zone map and can still be accessed, but as most vendors have relocated to the Tower, the only features still available there are the postmaster, vaults, and Cryptarch Tyra Karn.
- Purchase gear from vendors
- Decode engrams with the Cryptarch
- Acquire quests and challenges
- Store and retrieve gear from vaults
- Receive rewards for completing quests and challenges
- Create fireteams with other Guardians
- Play an assortment of mini-games and puzzles
- Pledge yourself to a Faction during a Faction Rally
Characters in the Tower
- Banshee-44, Gunsmith
- Commander Zavala, Titan Vanguard
- Kadi 55-30, Postmaster
- Lord Shaxx, Crucible Handler
- Master Rahool, Cryptarch
- Tess Everis, Eververse representative
- Lord Saladin, Iron Banner representative
- Ikora Rey, Warlock Vanguard
- Suraya Hawthorne, Clan Steward
- Executor Hideo, New Monarchy representative
- Yuna, Mugunghwa Vendor (Asian servers only)
- Amanda Holliday, Chief Shipwright
- Arach Jalaal, Dead Orbit representative
- Lakshmi-2, Future War Cult representative
- Saint-14, Hero of Six Fronts
- Ada-1, Black Armory representative
- The Drifter, Gambit representative
- Benedict 99-40, Emperor's Advocate
- Lava Challenge
- Location: Courtyard
- Objective: Activate the crates on the bridge above where Guardians spawn into the Tower, the prompt will read "Don't !" Doing this grants a red aura and the warning that "The floor is lava!" Contact with any surface aside from railings, crates, and flowerbeds will rapidly damage the player. The goal is to reach a blue pillar of light located somewhere in the Courtyard. Failing will kill the player and reset the challenge, while succeeding will earn the temporary buff "Quicken", which grants increased sprint speed and jump height.
- Ball puzzle
- Location: Courtyard
- Objective: A purple ball can be found near a stack of crates on the bridge above where Guardians spawn into the Tower. Kicking this ball to a specific location in the Courtyard will cause a green ball to appear in the purple ball's original spot. Move the green ball to its goal area to spawn a black ball, and then a blue ball. The puzzle is complete when a large Traveler ball spawns and fireworks set off across the sky.
- Location: Hangar
- Objective: The eastern half of the Hangar features an open area much larger than The Farm's soccer field. The ball spawns in the middle, and the goals are at opposite ends. Scoring a goal will set off fireworks in the sky behind that goal. In addition, both goals are bracketed by a pair of controls that, when activated, will briefly raise floor panels in the middle of the area.
- Eva Levante is notably absent from the new Tower. Ghost mentions that she survived the destruction of the original Tower and the Red Legion's occupation of the Last City, but has not been seen for some time. She appears later during various holiday events.
The Director map of the Tower
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)