The Tower (Destiny 2)
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
Complete A Guardian Rises
Following the defeat of Dominus Ghaul and his Red Legion, the Vanguard opened facilities on wall's ramparts while the original Tower, which was destroyed at the onset of the Red War, was being rebuilt. The new Tower provides a dramatic view of The Traveler's reawakening until it healed its wounds as The Witness and its Black Fleet threaten the Sol System. After the Traveler departed from the Tower to confront the Witness and its Black Fleet, the Tower's skybox is filled with ships from different members of The Coalition with Awoken Galliots, Ketches from the House of Light and Imperial Cabal Carriers occupying it.
In Destiny 2, the Tower acts as the main hub for Guardians in between activities. It was the second social space unlocked in the game, after the Farm. Once the Story mission Chosen is completed, The Farm's icon in the Director was replaced by an icon depicting the reawakened Traveler, which opened a map of the Tower and provides access to its landing zone. The Farm's icon was moved to the European Dead Zone map and could still be accessed, but as most vendors relocated to the Tower, the only features still available were the postmaster, vaults, and Cryptarch Tyra Karn. Following the release of Shadowkeep, both the Farm and the Tower are unlocked by default. The Farm has since been added to the Destiny Content Vault and is no longer accessible as of Beyond Light.
- Purchase gear from vendors.
- Decode engrams with the Master Rahool.
- Acquire quests and challenges.
- Store and retrieve gear from vaults.
- Receive rewards for completing quests and challenges.
- Create fireteams with other Guardians.
- Play an assortment of mini-games and puzzles.
- Purchase exotic weapons from past seasons and expansions at the Monument To Lost Lights.
- Track and manage vendor reputation and rewards.
- Promote to the next Guardian Rank by completing Guardian Rank objectives, then going to the Ironwood Tree.
Characters in the Tower
- Commander Zavala (Titan Vanguard)
- Lord Shaxx (Crucible Handler)
- Master Rahool (Cryptarch)
- Banshee-44 (Gunsmith)
- Kadi 55-30 (Postmaster)
- Tess Everis (Eververse Trading Company)
- Saladin Forge (Iron Banner weeks only)
- Eva Levante (Event weeks only)
- Hawthorne (Clan Steward)
- Ikora Rey (Warlock Vanguard)
- Executor Hideo (Representative of New Monarchy) (formerly)
- Saint-14 (Trials of Osiris Vendor)
- Xûr, Agent of the Nine (appears randomly in one of three locations during weekends)
- Amanda Holliday (Shipwright) (formerly)
- Cayde-6 (Hunter Vanguard) (formerly)
- Lakshmi-2 (Representative of the Future War Cult) (formerly)
- Arach Jalaal (Representative of Dead Orbit) (formerly)
- Ada-1 (Lost Forges & Armor Synthesis Vendor)
- The Drifter (Gambit Vendor)
- Benedict 99-40 (Servant of Emperor Calus) (formerly)
- Lava Challenge
- Location: Courtyard
- Objective: Activate the crates on the bridge above where Guardians spawn into the Tower, the prompt will read "Don't !" Doing this grants a red aura and the warning that "The floor is lava!" Contact with any surface aside from railings, crates, and flowerbeds will rapidly damage the player. The goal is to reach a blue pillar of light located somewhere in the Courtyard. Failing will kill the player and reset the challenge, while succeeding will earn the temporary buff "Quicken", which grants increased sprint speed and jump height.
- Ball puzzle
- Location: Courtyard
- Objective: A purple ball can be found near a stack of crates on the bridge above where Guardians spawn into the Tower. Kicking this ball to a ring of tiles in the Courtyard will cause a green ball to appear in the purple ball's original spot. Move the green ball to the banister behind the Eververse stall to spawn a black ball. Move the black ball to the top of the ramparts to summon a blue ball. Complete the puzzle by moving the blue ball next to the Guardian Game trophy display. The puzzle is complete when a large Traveler ball spawns and fireworks set off across the sky.
- Location: Hangar
- Objective: The eastern half of the Hangar features an open area much larger than the Farm's soccer field. The ball spawned in the middle, and the goals are at opposite ends. Scoring a goal will set off fireworks in the sky behind that goal. In addition, both goals are bracketed by a pair of controls that, when activated, will briefly raise floor panels in the middle of the area. The ball no longer spawned following Saint-14's arrival in the Hangar during Season of Dawn, meaning this mini-game can no longer be played.
- As of Dawning 2022 this mini-game has been re-added; however, the blast deflectors are all activated simultaneously by only one button, and none of the others work
- Eva Levante is notably absent from the new Tower. Ghost mentions that she survived the destruction of the original Tower and the Red Legion's occupation of the Last City, but has not been seen for some time. She appears later during various holiday events.
- As of Lightfall, Imperial Cabal soldiers, Awoken Corsairs, and Eliksni with cloaks of different colors can be seen around the Tower.
The Director map of the Tower
List of appearances
- Destiny 2 (First appearance)
- Curse of Osiris
- Beyond Light
- The Witch Queen