- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by .
- "The sun's light purifies all it touches. Such is the gift of the Golden Gun. Its Light blesses those who stand with the wielder. And burns away foes foolish enough to stand against it."
- —Brother Vance
- "Summon a flaming pistol which disintegrates enemies with Solar Light."
- —Ability Description
Golden Gun forms a Hand Cannon supercharged with Solar elemental energy, allowing it to deal an incredibly high amount of damage. This ability expires after ten seconds or three shots. Upgrades to this super increase accuracy and damage, cause targets to explode upon death, or speed up the Gun's recharge rate.
This ability was known as the "Ghost Gun" in a previous, pre-alpha build of the game. Known Golden Gun users include Cayde-6 and Shin Malphur. Malphur may have been among the first Guardians to use this technique, if not its inventor.
Golden Gun in action. Seen from another Guardian's perspective.
List of appearances
- ^ a b Bungie (2014-7-17), Destiny: Beta PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard
- ^ YouTube: Destiny ViDoc: Out Here in the Wild
- ^ Game Informer January 2014, page 54