|Political and military information|
Participated in Reef Wars
- "... as an Armada Paladin of the Awoken, it is my duty to officially recommend declaration of death [...] Note that as acting regent-commander it is NOT your duty to actually declare these deaths at this time."
- —Rior's report to Acting Regent-Commander Petra Venj.
The Reef Wars
Rior participated in the Reef Wars, notably during the Siege of Pallas, where she helped capture Pirsis, Pallas-Bane; the Hildian Campaign, where she hunted Skolas with Abra Zire; and the Cybele Uprising. Rior helped to capture Skolas with the other Armada Paladins, locking him in a pincer maneuver which led to his defeat.
The Taken War and Aftermath
- "Regent-Commander Petra Venj, if you take the Queenship, I will take my fleet and leave."
After the Battle of Saturn, Paladin Rior sent an encoded message to Petra Venj on Saturn's thirteenth moon, Telesto, where a cloud of Harbinger-matter had collated. Included in the report was a list of Reef leadership killed in action; Paladin Rior advised Petra to withhold declaring their deaths until further information was gathered. As Petra's reign as Regent-Commander continued, Rior became opposed to her rule. After Paladin Leona Bryl requested that Petra officially take over as Queen, Rior informed Petra that if she took the throne, Rior would have no choice but to take her fleet and leave the Reef.
Reclaiming the Dreaming City
- "The Awoken are Humanity's shield. We entered the Reef Wars to prevent a Fallen coup here on Earth. We met Oryx head-on and endured immeasurable sacrifice, all in the name of a shared future."
- —Rior's plea to the Guardians for aid
After the threat of the Scorn was dealt with and the traitorous Prince Uldren Sov was killed by Petra and The Young Wolf, Rior and the rest of the Awoken learned that Queen Mara was indeed still alive after the Regent-Commander utilized the Oracle Engine in the Dreaming City to contact her. With this knowledge, Rior travelled under orders to The Last City to appeal for the aid of Guardians in retaking the Dreaming City from the Taken, Hive, and Scorn that had infested it. Standing upon a railing in the Tower's plaza, she noted that Commander Zavala, Tess Everis, and Master Rahool, all Earthborn Awoken, were watching her, although the latter two were pretending not too. As she began to address the Guardians some payed attention to her, while others danced or played with a purple ball. However, as she spoke of the Awoken and how they had served as humanity's shield, first against the House of Wolves and then against Oryx, in the hope of a shared future with the Last City, the Guardians ceased their activities and gave her their full attention. Rior pleaded with them to aid the Awoken in their fight to reclaim the Dreaming City, which they could not do alone because of their depleted numbers, and promised weapons and knowledge for their help. She was shocked when Zavala answered by declaring that the Vanguard would stand with the Reef, and saw upon his face a genuine smile that offered an apology for not providing help sooner.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2
- Forsaken (Mentioned only)
- ^ a b Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Telesto
- ^ Bungie (2014/5/19), Destiny: House of Wolves Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Grimoire: Royal Awoken Guard
- ^ Bungie (2014/5/19), Destiny: House of Wolves Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: WANTED: Pirsis, Pallas-Bane
- ^ Bungie (2014/5/19), Destiny: House of Wolves Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: WANTED: Weksis, the Meek
- ^ Bungie (2014/5/19), Destiny: House of Wolves Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: WANTED: Kaliks-12
- ^ Bungie (2018/9/4), Destiny 2: Forsaken, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Prodigal Cuirass / Plate / Robes
- ^ Bungie (2018/9/4), Destiny 2: Forsaken, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Prodigal Strides / Greaves / Steps
- ^ Bungie (2018/9/4), Destiny 2: Forsaken, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Abide the Return