Enemy of My Enemy
- "The discovery of the ruptures and their connection to Ascendant Hive is a breakthrough. Eris Morn is working with Cayde-6 to form a plan to address this, and I believe they will see this through... assuming they don't kill each other. In the meantime, the Hidden are investigating the activities of the Cabal. The loss of their commander, Primus Ta'aun to Oryx is worrisome. More intelligence is required."
- —Grimoire description
|Enemy of My Enemy|
The Dreadnaught, Saturn
Infiltrate the Cabal ship and locate Oryx
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
Enemy of My Enemy is the fourth story mission in Destiny The Taken King. It takes place on the Dreadnaught in Saturn's rings and the Guardian's objective is to steal Cabal field intelligence on Oryx.
- Weaken the Cabal
- Enter the Cabal Ship
- Access the Defense Net
- Track the Cabal
- Scout the Rupture
- Scan the Statue
- Find the Statues
- Return to the Rupture
- Destroy the Thrall
- Enter the Rupture
- Silence the Echo
- Commander Zavala: Oryx could be anywhere on the Dreadnaught. With time, we could find him, but we don't have time. The Cabal have been there long enough to have real field intelligence. The path to Oryx lies on their ship.
Upon arriving at the Hull Breach, the Guardian finds Cabal and Hive in a continuous battle.
- Ghost: The Cabal are still holding out... multiple survivors.
- Zavala: Survival is a temporary condition. Cut through them, and get inside their ship.
- Ghost: Who fights this hard to protect a crashed ship?
- Zavala: That's not a crash site, it's a beachhead. Only way those doors will open is to send reinforcements. Draw them out.
The Guardian either wears down the Cabal defense themselves, or allows the Hive to do it for them. Eventually, the door to the ship opens, and several Cabal reinforcements, led by a Colossus, run towards the main site of the battle.
- Ghost: I think you got their attention.
- Zavala: When those doors open, fight through it.
The Guardian runs past the reinforcements and inside the Dantalion Exodus VI.
- Ghost: Zavala? We're in. What's next?
- Zavala: Cabal protocol is to detonate any ship that crashes. If they haven't after all this time, it must be a base of operations. They're looking for something on the Dreadnaught. See what they know about Oryx.
The Guardian wipes out the Cabal defenses inside the ship's hangar. While exploring the interior, the Guardian notices three turbines embedded in the floor. One of them is still active; they send the Ghost to scan it.
- Ghost: There's still enough power moving through this ship for it to take off...
- Zavala: They won't leave until they get what they came for. A lesson I learned the hard way from Valus Ta'aurc. He didn't know every dog had its day until he saw his last. These will, too.
The Guardian continues searching until the Ghost gets their attention.
- Ghost: Oh, nice! There's a terminal nearby. It should have the info we're looking for.
The Guardian ventures into a control room, where a few Psions wait. The Guardian eliminates them and sends the Ghost to scan a nearby terminal.
- Ghost: The Cabal have located Oryx! He's protected in the center of the Dreadnaught, reachable only through something they call... a "Rupture."
- Zavala: Must be some kind of portal. Have the Cabal found one?
- Ghost: They've got a team heading for it right now.
- Zavala: Then I suggest you get there first.
A door opens, leading to another part of the ship. A vent leaking some kind of vapor grabs Ghost's attention:
- Ghost: I can't categorize all of the chemicals moving through these machines, but keep your helmet on—it could be toxic. And furthermore, it stinks.
The Guardian follows the hallway to another part of the Dreadnaught, where the Cabal team, led by Primus Ta'aun, is fighting Taken and Hive.
- Ghost: We've found the Cabal team headed for the Rupture. They're outnumbered by Taken.
- Zavala: Forget what they say about 'the enemy of my enemy'--Something stands between you and the Rupture, put it down.
The Guardian fights the Cabal team and follows Ta'aun as he moves along toward the Rupture, defending himself against the overwhelming odds while his men are slaughtered. Taken are surrounding the team from all sides, wiping out any infantry the Guardian hasn't already put down.
- Ghost The Cabal won't last much longer...
A swarm of Taken Wizards warp in, surrounding Ta'aun and killing any remaining Cabal. The Wizards promptly attack Ta'aun with a furious barrage. Suddenly, a Taken Blight appears behind the Primus and takes him by surprise. Too weak to run, the Primus utters a final shriek before the orb sucks him in completely, his Heavy Slug Thrower dropping to the floor.
- Ghost: Oryx just recruited a Centurion!
- Zavala: Let him take all he wants. He won't be around long enough for it to matter.
The Guardian finds a portal on the far side of the Mausoleum, facing a large bottomless pit bathed in light.
- Ghost: That must be the Rupture.
- Zavala: Eris, what's their next move?
Eris Morn appears on the comm channel.
- Eris: Toland spoke of statues the Hive use to navigate Ruptures.
- Ghost: We'll look for them.
The Guardian searches the area, and finds a statue. They send the Ghost to scan it:
- Ghost: I'll see if it's still active. (pauses) It's linked to the Rupture, but I can't understand how the Hive control it. Let's try another statue.
The Guardian continues looking until they find a second statue.
- Eris: Yes! The statues control where the Rupture leads. They could deliver us to Oryx!
After finding the third statue:
- Ghost: ...it's dead. But something's happening at the Rupture!
The Guardian returns to it, and with a booming noise, the portal opens.
- Zavala: The Rupture's opening!
Dozens of Thrall emerge from the portal and rush towards the Guardian.
The Guardian defends themselves against the seemingly endless horde of Thrall. Eventually, Zavala comes into the comms:
- Zavala: Forget about the Thrall! Get through that Rupture!
If the Guardian continues fighting Thrall or waits to enter:
- Zavala: Quick! Before the rupture closes!
The Guardian jumps over them, and runs toward the open portal, but a mysterious force pushes them back, sending them flying, landing a great distance away from the Rupture.
- Ghost: I don't think we're going that way...
- Eris: Then it's true—only the Ascendant can will a rupture to open.
- Ghost: There's something Ascendant passing through right now!
An Echo of Oryx emerges from the portal, accompanied by a Taken battalion. Eventually, the Guardian kills the Echo, and the Taken retreat. The portal is now closed, and a silence hovers over the Mausoleum.
- Ghost: The rupture is closed.
- Eris: It will only open for Ascendant Hive.
- Ghost: Then... how do we reach Oryx?
- Eris: Become your enemy. Become Ascendant.
- Zavala: We'll sort this out, Guardian. Head back to the Tower when you can.
- Taken Thrall
- Taken Acolyte
- Taken Hobgoblin
- Taken Wizard
- This section needs expansion. You can help Destinypedia by .
- ^ Bungie (2015-2-24), Destiny: Activision Blizzard