From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "Track a signal from the crashed Cabal ship. Board the Dreadnaught and put an end to this transmission to the stars."
- — In game Description
Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?
- COMMANDER ZAVALA: On my order, the Dead Orbit fleet is well clear of Saturn. We'll need them to defend the City, if it comes to that. They've picked up a high-gain signal from the Cabal beachhead on the Dreadnaught. The message is outward bound... its target is far outside the Solar System. We have to know what they're saying, and who they're saying it to.
- ZAVALA: Their commanders are dead. The Cabal here are trying to survive against an implacable foe. Expect heavy resistance.
The Guardian heads into the Dantalion Exodus VI, ignoring the Cabal alarm blaring over the speakers. Upon reaching the interiors, they find groups of Hive and Cabal battling each other inside the ship.
- GHOST: The signal's coming from inside the bridge, but the whole place is on lockdown.
- ZAVALA: Heavy weapons fire has their defense grid on high alert. Clear out the ship. When things quiet down, the doors should open.
The Guardian has their work cut out for them: Wizards, Acolytes, Knights and Thrall attack from one side of the hangar, while Legionaries, Phalanxes, and Colossi defend the other. The Guardian wipes them out indifferently. The doors in the center of the room open.
- GHOST: Defense net is down! (laughs) Ha! Kill everybody and the system thinks it's safe! (mutters) Stupid computer.
The Guardian heads through the door and makes their way to the bridge.
- ZAVALA: Be wary. If defense systems are active, some of the bridge crew might still be alive.
- GHOST: The captain's station should control the signal. Let me at it.
Upon reaching the bridge, more Cabal and Hive are fighting each other in the hallway. The Guardian either ignores or exterminates them and ventures into the bridge. A large squadron of Cabal forces are holding the area, including Centurions, Psions and a Colossus. The Guardian kills them all, and heads to the holographic control panel to let Ghost scan it. Several seconds pass before the bridge fills with Taken presence. A blight explodes on the far side of the area, and a Taken Ultra, Vro'ourn, Fist of Oryx appears with a legion of Taken reinforcements. Within the close quarters, the Guardian wipes out Vro'orun and the blight lifts from the bridge.
- GHOST: Signal's down. It was encrypted, but some of the headers are legible. This was a detailed distress signal intended for... the head of the Cabal Empire.
- ZAVALA: I'll pass the scan from your Ghost to the Cryptarch. I have a feeling we'll want to know as much about this signal as we can. In the meantime, that' s a job well done. When you see Arach Jalaal, tell him... 'thanks for the tip'.
- Taken Thrall
- Consumed Shadow
- Taken Psion
- Taken Acolyte
- Taken Vandal
- Taken Captain
- Taken Hobgoblin
- Taken Wizard
- This mission appears to be the exact moment responsible for triggering the events of Destiny 2.
- Bungie (2015-2-24), Destiny: Activision Blizzard