- "Establish patrol routes and beacon sites on the Hive Dreadnaught for the Vanguard."
- —Mission description
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
Dread Patrol is a story mission in Destiny The Taken King. It takes place on the Dreadnaught as part of the Quest The Vanguard's Hand. It is only playable once by the same Guardian, and it unlocks the Dreadnaught as an open Patrol area. 
- Place Intelligence Beacon
- Scout Skirmish
- Place Race Beacon
- Race for Data
- Place Taken Hunt Beacon
- Destroy Taken
- Defeat the Taken Champion
All dialogue is spoken through the Ghost's comms.
- CAYDE-6: So Zavala was here a while ago...gave this big speech about how proud he is, how well the 'Dreadnaught Campaign' went, and... you know how he gets. Anyway, he gave me a list here. Set up locations for patrol beacons. We need them planted and tested if we're going to get that tub under control. You plant them, you test them. I'll keep you company!
- CAYDE: Right—first on the list is an Intel Beacon. Helps us get the lay of the land, gives us updates on troop movements, skirmishes and the like. You've got the marker, go do your thing.
- CAYDE: Okay, beacon signal's coming in loud and clear! Ah! In fact, I've already got a ping. Marking a hot zone for you. Go get a look at the fighting, see what you can see.
A waypoint appears for the Guardian, on a ledge very high above the floor. The Guardian makes the climb and surveys the impressive view of the battle between three species: Cabal versus the Hive and the Taken. Enough information is soon collected.
- CAYDE: Data's good! Second marker should've been downloaded to your Ghost. Intel beacons are Ikora's favorite, by the way. Never met a woman who appreciated ambient temperature and energy readings as much as she does.
The Guardian heads to the Mausoleum, and plants a beacon underneath the bridge leading to the Rupture. As before, the signal starts to broadcast to the Guardian.
- CAYDE: Ah, the marker's up and running. The eggheads love these scoot-n'-scan missions. I just like 'em as an excuse to stretch the old legs. I'm feeding you data for a new nearby energy spikes. Get movin'!
The Guardian starts running as several blue markers appear on their HUD. The energy reading steadily depletes in between bursts of concentrated energy, but as they run through enough spikes, their findings come to a head.
- CAYDE: I was gonna send you off with a pithy joke, but Eris started droning on about the pathways into Darkness or some damn thing, got distracted... anyway, one more beacon to go, if you'd be so kind.
The Guardian continues onto the next area, the Hall of Souls. Finding a suitable place for the beacon, they plant it into the floor.
- CAYDE: Beacon is hot. Yeah, that's a good signal. I'm getting some data on Taken patrols around the ship. We've already got a hot spot on the board. Go clear out that blight, Guardian.
The Guardian makes their way through, eventually finding themselves back in the Trenchway where they first crash-landed. Several Taken blights appear, spawning numerous forces. The Guardian eliminates them all, but the objective updates as a Taken Ultra arrives in their place. The Guardian continues fighting Balvog, Shield of Oryx, until it eventually falls dead.
- CAYDE: And that's a Taken pack all cleaned out. Good work. (chuckles) You know, Zavala gets all cranky if you "have more important things to do" than plant beacons. Not a problem today! Come on back.
- The boss, Balvog, can reappear as a Patrol mission in the same area.
- Cayde's mention of "the pathways of Darkness" may be a reference to Bungie's first major game Pathways into Darkness.
- ^ Bungie (2015-2-24), Destiny: Activision Blizzard