From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
Find Cayde's stealth drive
Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level; could you write one?
- "Ascend a colony ship in the Cosmodrome in search of Cayde's lost cache."
- — In-game description
Cayde's Stash is the second story mission in Destiny's expansion, The Taken King. It takes place in the Cosmodrome on Earth, and the Guardian's objective is to find a Stealth Drive among Cayde's secret stash hidden within the remains of an old Colony ship now occupied by the House of Devils.
- Head for The Devils' Lair (location)
- Ascend the Devil's Spire
- Take the Elevator
- Kill the Echo
- Find the Stealth Drive
- Cayde-6: Turns out, Crota does have a father—his name is Oryx, and he's come all this way to kill you. We're not gonna let him. Oryx controls the Taken from a Dreadnaught near Saturn, but we can't get close without a Stealth Drive. Lucky for us, I hid one at the top of an old colony ship before I got roped into the Vanguard.
- Ghost: How do you know it's still there?
- Cayde: You better hope it's still there. You won't survive the Dreadnaught without it.
- Ghost: Cayde...we've got a real problem down here.
- Cayde: Let me guess: Four arms, wear cloaks... smell real bad?
- Ghost: Not Fallen—Taken!
- Cayde:(mutters)...thought we'd have more time...
The Guardian either engages the enemies or runs past them, heading towards the Devils' Lair. Portals and shadow blights pollute the area.
- Cayde: How bad is it?
- Ghost: Taken everywhere, fighting the Fallen!
- Cayde: Earth's gonna look a lot like Phobos if you don't find that stealth drive.
- Ghost: Remember when Sepiks Prime was our biggest problem?
The Guardian uses the pieces of broken bridge to make their way across to the other side.
- Cayde: Okay, you're gonna find a vault door. There's a trick to getting through it, so let me know when you're there.
As the Guardian steps around more puddles of the Taken residue, they see that the door has been opened,a black hole at the entrance.
- Ghost: The door's already opened, Cayde; we're inside.
The Guardian arrives at the bottom of The Devil's Spire, where several Taken Thrall attack them. The Guardian defeats them and finds three elevators on the far side of the room.
- Ghost: What are the chances the elevator still works?
Cautiously, the Guardian steps inside. The door slides shut behind them, and the elevator slowly makes its way up the skyscraper.
- Ghost: We're heading up. (nervously) Cayde? When's the last time you rode this elevator?
- Cayde: Relax, it works fine! ...But... stand by for resurrection, Ghost.
The elevator rides higher and higher, without any issues. While waiting, Ghost provides some insight on the situation of Earth:
- Ghost: From this height, I can pick up Taken energy readings throughout the Cosmodrome... (to Guardian) You know I was here, looking for you... when the first Fallen crews came through. It started with one Skiff. A few months later, the Cosmodrome was theirs. The Taken have done it in hours.
- Ghost: You know it's starting to concern me how seldom you talk. We've been through a lot together, the neural symbiosis is pretty far progressed, but you'd be surprised how little I understand what you're thinking.
- Ghost: I've always wondered how you fell here. You were probably part of the exodus during the Collapse. Millions of refugees trying to get off the planet before it died. Still no memories?
- Ghost: You know I've always resented the term "artificial intelligence." Who do you think came up with that phrase? A bio-human no doubt. Intelligence is intelligence. How could anything with intelligence not be real?
- Ghost: I spent months searching every stasis pod in the colony ships for a Guardian. There are exactly 308,235 of them. Every one of them occupied. They are really tough to open.
- Ghost: All these ships here and none of them made it off planet. Supplies were loaded, stasis pods were at full occupancy. The hard part was done. What stopped them? Why didn't they launch?
The elevator finally slows to a stop, at the top of the Spire. The door opens for the Guardian.
- Ghost: How do we find your stealth drive?
- Cayde: There's a bridge from the tower to the ship. It took me days to get it working; It's a little unstable, so watch your step.
The Guardian walks outside, only to find the bridge leading to the colony ship has been turned, ninety degrees from the entrance on the other side.
- Ghost: Cayde, someone moved the bridge, destroyed the controls.
- Cayde: Yeah, that's the Fallen—probably trying to keep the Taken off their backs. See if you can reroute the power.
The Guardian spots some stairs and scales them, leading to the top of the bridge's control panel.
- Ghost: There's still an active feed moving through those pipes overhead. Guardian, if you find the source, I can patch the circuit.
- Cayde: Once you get the bridge working, my stash is in the ball on top of the colony ship.
- Ikora Rey: (in background of Cayde's comms) We're still waiting for details on this plan of yours, Cayde.
- Cayde:(nervously) Yeah! Uh... give me a second, Guardian.
The comms fall silent as the Guardian continues scaling the empty worn down tower. The view is breathtaking, half of the Cosmodrome can be seen from this height, including the Wall, where their legend began. The Guardian finds a fuse box, and allows the Ghost to look into it. The bridge eventually comes to life, and slowly moves back across, the rusted metal groaning with effort.
- Cayde: Alright, back in business. Hey, the bridge is already moving! Now, get to the top of that colony ship where I left my stash, and watch yourself on that bridge.
The bridge completes its rotation, loudly scraping against the entrance on the other side, until it gently comes to rest... before immediately collapsing into pieces, sending the far half of the bridge careening downward. Several seconds later, a loud crash is heard, signifying its landing. The Guardian uses their movement ability to cross to the near half of the bridge, still intact. They reach the bottom of the colony ship.
- Ghost: Any advice on which way to go?
- Cayde: Yeah. Up.
A squad of Taken teleport into the Guardian's path, but they eliminate the forces and continue upward. There they find more Taken fighting Fallen enemies. The Guardian either wipes them out, or leaves them uninterrupted, and climbs the ship, even higher above the ground. They reach a narrow crawl space and are forced to crouch, making their way to a single I-beam.
- Ghost: Don't... look... down.
The view is seemingly endless; the Guardian is miles above the surface. However, they safely make it to solid ground, encountering more Taken and Fallen along the way. Eventually, they find a platoon of Fallen guarding a Grav-Lift. After killing them, the Guardian could notice a secret hatchway off to the left of the lift and enter.
- Cayde: Hey, you found one of my secret rooms. Good times. Help yourself to the Glimmer but leave the Exotics for me. When I get out of this Tower... (hoo hoo)
The Guardian enters a barren room and continues on to a door opposite them. Inside they enter another room with nothing but Fallen crates.
- Ghost: There's nothing in here but Fallen caches.
- Cayde: They took my loot? It's like there's no rules.
The Guardian finds a card and has Ghost scan it.
- Ghost: A Jack of Spades?
- Cayde:Yeah, I had a whole system to keep track of things. The royal cards stood for weapons. Spades meant Häkke, clubs for Crux/Lomar, diamonds for Omolon, and hearts... huh, well hearts were for this girl I knew.
- Ghost: What was her name?
- Cayde: Uh, don't you have a stealth drive to find?
The Guardian returns to the lift and steps in, the lift effortlessly taking them the rest of the way to the top.
A group of Fallen stand in the area and open fire on the Guardian. Suddenly, a light flashes, and the Fallen are all killed. An Echo of Oryx floats in the center of the room, wings beating furiously.
- Echo: What Crota began, I complete! My will conquers all!!
- Echo: My will be done! Vengeance for Crota!!
The Guardian eliminates the Echo and surrounding Taken, and the blight is lifted.
- Ghost: That thing seemed pretty mad. Oryx must still be holding a grudge for us. (sarcastically) You know... killing Crota?
- Cayde: Things won't get any easier on the Dreadnaught. You find my stealth drive?
- Ghost: Are you sure it's still here?
- Cayde: It's like all things: You gotta know where to look... enter frequency 5982, Ghost.
The Ghost does so, and finds the location. The Guardian sends it to a conspicuous looking case, and it disappears, leaving a pile of stealth drives.
- Ghost: There it is!
- Cayde: The best hiding places are always in plain sight. Transmat it out of there. I'll get it set up. Just do me a favor: If you find anything else I've hidden... leave it for me. There'll be treasure enough for everyone on the Dreadnaught.
Fades in to a view of the Traveler. A Guardian's jumpship flies expertly towards the Tower Hangar before decelerating and gently landing inside. A shipwright Frame uses signal wands to direct the ship's landing. Another Frame walks into view, bending over and picking up one of Cayde's stealth drives. The camera follows the Frame as they gingerly carry it to another area of the dock. A human, visible only from the waist down walks towards a table. The camera slowly tilts to reveal Amanda Holliday, looking over ship schematics. A robotic voice calls for her attention.
- Frame: Maintenance pending.
Amanda looks up and turns toward the robotic assistant.
- Frame: Requesting visual confirmation.
- Amanda Holliday: Yep, that's the last one. Portside.
Cayde-6 approaches Amanda's workbench, and Holliday turns to greet him.
- Frame: Confirmed.
Cayde puts his hands on his hips.
- Amanda: Interesting tech, Cayde. (points behind her) Isn't this Eris Morn's ship?
- Cayde: (mischievously) Is it?
The camera cuts to a wider angle; The view shows it is obviously Eris Morn's personal vessel; her symbol clearly displayed on the nose. A few workers, both human and robotic, are working on it and making adjustments.
- Cayde: Huh. (points at the ship) You know, you're a true artist. Can't even see the join.
He gives a thumbs-up.
- Amanda: Cute, but Zavala's got sign-off on all launches. Need to know why I'm letting it go.
Cayde picks up a wrench off Amanda's workbench.
- Cayde: (coyly) Stargazing tour?
Amanda rolls her eyes and flashes him an amused smirk. Cayde fiddles with the wrench in his hands.
- Cayde: Okay... how about... (pauses) An unsanctioned op... (points at the ship with the wrench) using modified stealth tech... to... infiltrate a Dreadnaught above Saturn's rings... so we can knock out its weapons (Cayde gently swings the wrench forward)... create a transmat zone... (strikes a pose with the wrench) and send in the cavalry?
Cayde playfully holds his pose, while Amanda grins and lifts the wrench from his outstretched hands, placing it back on the table.
- Amanda: How 'bout... 'test flight'?
Cayde silently agrees and turns to leave.
- Amanda: It'll be waiting for you when you're ready.
Cayde turns back to her, seemingly shocked.
- Cayde: Me? (chuckles) I'm not flying that thing.
Cayde exits, leaving the rest of the crew to work on the ships. Fade to black.
- Taken Thrall
- Taken Psion
- Taken Goblin
- Taken Hobgoblin
- Taken Vandal
- Taken Captain
- Taken Wizard
- Echo of Oryx (boss)
Many of the lines during the elevator ride come from dialogue randomization if it is a Daily Heroic. According to a Redditor there is a line about elevator music.
- Bungie (2015-2-24), Destiny: Activision Blizzard
- reddit - Some Lore Tidbits Hidden in Cayde's Stash Weekly Heroic