Omnigul, Will of Crota
|Omnigul, Will of Crota|
- "That shriek, that wicked laugh. If you listen closely, you can hear power in its song."
- — Grimoire description.
Omnigul, Will of Crota is an Ascendant Hive Wizard and the consort of the Hive god Crota; she is also the brood mother of the Spawn of Crota and General of Crota's armies. She acts as the secondary antagonist for The Dark Below campaign, where she led the Hive sect's efforts in bringing Crota back to the material realm and raise an army to invade the City; both efforts were thwarted and she finally met her end by a fireteam of Guardians.
As the consort of the Hope-Eater, Omnigul is the source of Crota's Hive broods through their progenation and thus serves as their general, acting as Crota's chosen Will in absentia. During Eriana-3's failed raid in the Hellmouth, she was largely responsible for the death of Sai Mota.
The Dark Below
Sometime after the destruction of the Black Heart, Omnigul departed from the Hellmouth for the first time in years; with word having reached Eris Morn about a plot to destroy or corrupt Rasputin at the Seraphim Vault within the Cosmodrome.  She is encountered twice by the Guardian before fleeing; the first time during the hunt for Sardon, Fist of Crota  and again during the breach in Rasputin's bunker. Whilst it seen to have failed to destroy Rasputin, Eris speculated that Omnigul has what she sought from the Warmind.
Ultimately, Omnigul's efforts at bringing back Crota would be for naught as the summoning ritual was disrupted and her forces hunted by the Guardian, until she herself was left pursued by a Strike fireteam in an attempt to raise a new army beneath Skywatch. Despite her efforts at stirring the House of Kings against the Guardians, she was finally cornered at the Jovian Complex and killed, putting an end to her schemes. 
Shortly after the SIVA Crisis, Omnigul would make a brief return to Skywatch after having "undone" her death to continue her work, only to be swiftly killed again by the Guardian and their fireteam. Since Omnigul was capable of evading permanent death, Ikora remarked that the Vanguard will likely continue to face Omnigul as many times as it takes.
Following the discovery of the Pyramid beneath Luna's surface, the Hive under Hashladûn, a daughter of Omnigul and Crota, use its strange energies to create phantasm-like Nightmares. Constructing the eerie Scarlet Keep fortress near the Pyramid, Hashladûn aimed to use the Pyramid's power to exact her revenge against the Guardians for destroying her lineage. However, like her mother and father before her, Hashladûn would be defeated by the Guardians at the Scarlet Keep's highest tower.
Despite Hashladûn's death, Nightmares continued to appear across the system, with the stronger ones forming into some of the Guardians deadliest foes, Omnigul being among them. The newly formed Nightmare of Omnigul, Will of Crota, representing the Essence of Anguish, would become a target in the Guardians' Nightmare Hunts to contain the Pyramid's influences.
Omnigul is the only Wizard with an Arc shield instead of a Solar shield. She can summon Hive and casts poison with greater frequency. Unlike normal Wizards, Omnigul fires her Darkness Blasts faster and more accurately than normal. However, unlike any other Ultra class enemies, she can be blinded by flashbang grenades, Ward of Dawn with the Helm of Saint-14 equipped, and the Purifier Robes.
Omnigul makes a return as the final boss of the Revisited version of the strike. Just like last time, she will stay in the center of the arena and suppress Guardians with her rapid fire Darkness Blasts as well as cast poison clouds for area denial. However, she will have locked the door that Guardians would normally run through for cover, trapping the players inside for the duration of the fight. The room will eventually get filled with a toxic gas that drastically slows the movement of any player that steps in it. Whenever reinforcements arrive, she will teleport away from the arena until all the reinforcements are dead. This will repeat until she herself is killed for good.
- The prefix "Omni" is Latin for "all" or "every", while the suffix "gul" stands for rose in Persian and Turkish languages. Gul in Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian also means yellow. Essentially, Omnigul is the "All-yellow/All-rose". The implications this has for Thorn and Necrochasm are enormous, as Xyor, the Unwed is a Wizard belonging to the Spawn of Crota.
- "Ġūl" is also Arabic for "ghoul," thus "Omnigul" may be interpreted as "all-ghoul" or "over-ghoul".
- The voice actor for Eris Morn also did Omnigul, in addition to generic Hive.
- Omnigul is known as the "Old Witch of Cuba" by the Destiny community due to a misname, and quickly became a memetic joke.
- Omnigul is the only Major in the game that is a Strike boss, as she can be blinded by Flashbangs, Suppressors, Envenomed Smoke bombs, Saint-14-empowered Defender shields, Eidolon Ally, Abyss Defiant, and other disorientation or crowd-control Guardian gear.
List of appearances
- Destiny 2
- Shadowkeep (Phantasm)
- Destiny, Ghost Fragment: Hive 3
- Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below, Fist of Crota, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard
- Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below, Siege of the Warmind, PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard
- Destiny, Grimoire:Activites/The Dark Below: Siege of the Warmind
- Bungie (2014/12/9), Destiny: The Dark Below, Will of Crota, Activision Blizzard
- Behind the Name, Gül
- Google Translate, Gul
- Develop, Meet the voice behind Destiny's Eris Morn
- reddit - New player and I'm a little lost
- reddit - "The Old Witch of Cuba" Born This Day