- "Go to the Temple of Crota and destroy Crota's soul."
- —In game description
The Dark Below expansion
1 - 3
Temple of Crota, Moon
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
- Enter the Temple of Crota
- Find the Wakening Ritual
- Destroy Crota's Soul
- Eris Morn: Six of us went down into that pit. I was vain enough to believe we could defeat Crota. But the Hive caught his soul before we could destroy him. And then there was only death. We failed. You cannot. Destroy the Soul of Crota.
- Eris: We called it a Temple where we first saw Crota. Go—find it, and make it his grave.
The Guardian travels to the Anchor of Light.
- Eris: We hid in the old moon base up ahead, waiting for the right time to strike. We were brave...but not ready.
The Guardian heads to the mouth of the Temple of Crota. Tombships warp in at the entrance, dropping off heavily armed forces.
Eris: Few of us made it beyond the canyon. The rocks cracked apart, Hive waiting in ambush. It was worse for the ones who made it inside. Stay alive.
- Eris: I know that sound... hurry!
- Eris: Crota: the ritual has begun!
The halls are guarded by Shriekers and large numbers of Cursed Thrall. The Guardian fights past them and reaches the Chamber of Night. A previously locked door now sits open. The Guardian crosses the threshold into a hallway that eventually turns pitch black. The Ghost activates his flashlight for the Guardian. Another whisper is heard in the darkness, and a Wizard's Vestige appears on the ground, illuminating a path.
- Eris: Find the Wakers. Stop them!
The Guardian follows the telltale trail of Vestiges deeper into the Chamber's hidden pits, avoiding Acolytes and Knights along the way. A third whisper is heard, and an army of Thrall and Acolytes appear to block the Guardian's path.
- Eris: They're waking his soul...
Fighting on, the Guardian eventually encounters a Hallowed Ogre. The Guardian kills it, and ascends a small incline. They discover a very large cavern, flooded with water and filled with Hive. An enormous green crystal sits in the middle of the cave, four Wakers of Crota surrounding it, deep in concentrated prayer. Four Knights are crouched on a bridge, kneeling before the Soul of Crota.
- ERIS: (desperately) Crota! ...They're waking him!
The Guardian quickly takes action, killing the Knights while they are distracted. The Wizards notice the Guardian's presence and attack, summoning infantry assistance before directly attacking. The Guardian kills them with great effort. Upon closer inspection, a horrifying image shines through the crystal; Crota himself is watching the Guardian's every move.
- Eris: The crystal—destroy it!
The Soul of Crota lifts from the ground and starts to spin. Pieces of debris spin in a circle around it, attempting to block the Guardian's attacks. Dozens more Hive are summoned,and the crystal begins to fire green bolts of energy at the Guardian as well. The Guardian continues attacking the Soul of Crota as it spins madly, even faster than before. Against the overwhelming odds, the Guardian finally destroys the crystal, which sparks and continues spinning into oblivion. An eerie silence falls over the now empty cavern.
- Eris: Crota's soul is banished. You have given me the gift of vengeance. I thank you... and even if they don't know it yet... The City thanks you.
- Cursed Thrall
- Hallowed Ogre
- Waker of Crota
- Soul of Crota
- This section needs expansion. You can help Destinypedia by .