|Political and military information|
- "So I ask Wei Ning: What about the Darkness itself? What then? And she says: I'll punch it too."
- — The Pahanin Errata
Journey to the Last City
- "My second death was terrifying. But I got back up, and the night sky sparkled overhead, and the man that killed me stared aghast, and I laughed. Immortal! Me! I could do anything!"
- — Wei Ning, describing her first death after being resurrected
Wei Ning was resurrected by her Ghost in the middle of a desert, far from any civilization. Her Ghost crafted her basic armor and informed her of the existence of the Last City, which was thousands of miles away. During her journey, Wei Ning encountered bandits armed with guns. With no weapons to defend herself, she was terrified and quickly cut down. However, her Ghost quickly resurrected her, and Wei Ning was elated to realize she was immortal and began laughing. With her killers now scared of her and knowing her own body could not be broken, Wei Ning threw herself at her attackers and beat them to death.
Guardian of the City
- "Our first meeting, in the Tower saloon. Your laugh made the glasses clatter. You bought three rounds for the entire room. Pahanin introduced us. You sat me down next to you and plied me with questions about Stormtrances. All things that on any other night would have annoyed me. But that night—because it was you—I knew then and there that I never wanted to be without you."
- — Eriana-3, describing her first meeting with Wei Ning
After reaching the Last City, Wei Ning became one of the preeminent Strikers of the Titans. She taught her fellow Titans that their body was their greatest weapon, and to always charge headfirst into danger in order to achieve victory. At some point, Wei Ning lit the Flame Victorious in Firebreak Plaza, and its eternal flame became a symbol of the Firebreak Order.
While drinking at the Tower's saloon, Wei Ning bought the entire bar three rounds of drinks and was introduced to the Warlock Eriana-3 by her friend Pahanin. The Titan quickly began plying Eriana-3 with questions about Stormtrances, and the two soon began a relationship.
After defeating other Guardians in the Crucible using only her fists, Wei Ning overheard them making derogatory comments about her. Angered, she found a mountain and began to punch it as her Ghost tried to calm her. Wei Ning declared that one day she was sure the other Guardians would find themselves without all of their high-tech ships, weapons, and other devices and would wish that they had listened to her about simply punching things, as the strength of ones hands would never fail them. Her Ghost noted that Eriana would be upset to hear her dismissing machines, and suggested that Eriana would likely ask if Wei Ning could use her hands to create a weapon just as powerful as them. Inspired by her Ghost's idea, Wei Ning crafted the Fighting Lion.
The Great Disaster
After the Consensus decided to reclaim the Moon from the forces of Darkness, Wei Ning was one of thousands of Guardians who assaulted the Hive fortresses of the Moon. The battle quickly turned against the Guardians, as thousands of Knights assailed them. Wei Ning was confronted by the Hive God-Prince Crota, who commanded the Hive in the solar system. Wei Ning attempted to defeat the Prince but fell in battle, impaled upon Crota's blade. The Hive took her cong as a prize after her death.
- "Who would I rather have at my side than any other? Who can I count on when my back is against the wall? Do you sing to the Sun as some Warlocks do? Yes? Then, you. My answer is you." —Wei Ning to Eriana-3
- "When the long dark closes around us, we will be the last light."
- "THE LAST AND SUREST ARGUMENT" - traditional inscription for the right gauntlet, attributed to Wei Ning
- "Yes, we've achieved the objective. And the next. And the… were we supposed to stop attacking?"
- "To conserve ammo, we disrupted the enemy command structure with several sharp blows to the skull."
- "Evade the Cabal counterattack? My friend, they're finally sending us something worth killing."
- "This burn's from a slug rifle. That one's a shock blade. This one... ah, yes. Wei Ning gave me a hug."
- "I call it the Zhang Fei. It hits almost as hard as I do."
List of appearances
- Destiny (First mentioned)
- Destiny 2 (Mentioned only)
- Bungie (2015-1-23), Destiny: PS3, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Ghost Fragment: Warlock 2
- Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard Shard of the Traveler (Striker)
- Bungie (2017/5/12), Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Item Description, Fire Victorious Shell
- Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Eriana's Vengeance
- Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2: Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Item Description, Fighting Lion
- Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Item Description, Wei Ning's Cong
- Bungie (2015-1-23), Destiny: PS3, Activision Blizzard, Item Description: Light of the Great Prism
- Bungie (2015-1-23), Destiny: PS3, Activision Blizzard, Item Description: Mark of the Conqueror
- Bungie (2015-1-23), Destiny: PS3, Activision Blizzard, Item Description: Mark of the Dauntless
- Bungie (2015-1-23), Destiny: PS3, Activision Blizzard, Item Description: Spearhead Type 0 Gauntlets
- Bungie (2015-1-23), Destiny: PS3, Activision Blizzard, Item Description: Spearhead Type 0 Greaves
- Bungie (2015-1-23), Destiny: PS3, Activision Blizzard, Item Description: Spearhead Type 0 Plate
- Bungie (2015-1-23), Destiny: PS3, Activision Blizzard, Item Description: Molniya Type 0