The Inverted Spire
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|The Inverted Spire|
Discover why the Red Legion is deploying teams to Nessus.
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
- "The Cabal awoke something deep beneath Nessus' surface..."
- —In Game Description 
- Investigate the Cabal
- Defeat all hostiles
- Access the Conflux
- Press forward
- Traverse deeper
- Eliminate the Vex
- Cross the Digsite
- Approach the Drilling Site
- Eliminate Drill Site security
- Eliminate Drill Officers
- Board the Cabal Drill
- Repel all attackers
- Cross the Dig Site
- Get clear of the Drill
- Investigate the Digsite
- Defeat the Modular Mind
- War Beasts
- WANTED: Bracus Rulaitl (Cabal Centurion)
- WANTED: Episkeptis, the Uninvited (Vex Hydra)
- BOSS: Protheon, Modular Mind (Vex Minotaur)
- Zavala: Welcome to Nessus. This planet is crawling with Vex. The Red Legion have sent in crews, and we need to know why. Failsafe, are you online?
- Failsafe: Commander, your favorite AI is primed and ready. I have prepared back doors into several key Vex systems. We have detected a series of seismic disruptions. The Cabal may be responsible.
- Zavala: We need to know what we're dealing with. Yours are the boots on the ground, Guardian. Good luck.
- Ghost: Oh, look! Look! Its a Vex milk waterfall, we can stop and - aww.
- Ghost: Oh. We're walking into the light. I think there is a metaphor here and I don't like it.
- Ghost: Hey Failsafe! You're all cozy in your data core. Any advice on an energy shield?
- Failsafe: I believe the nearby Vex constructs maintain that barrier.
- Ghost: Well, I could've - OK we'll shoot them.
- Ghost: What could the Red Legion possibly be drilling for?
- Failsafe: Friendly query: what have you done to attract such hostile species to my planet?
- Ghost: And of course the drills have armed crews.
- Failsafe: If its helpful, I suggest you deal with the drills when the shooting stops.
- Ghost: The shooting never stops.
- Failsafe: Just so you know: I have detected a massive Vex energy signature.
- Ghost: And the only way to reach it is down past those giant, pointy drill bits? Good!
- Ghost: I hope this is safe. The Cabal don't need to stick the landing. We do.
- Ghost: Zavala's gonna owe us big for this.
- Ghost: This is fine. This is fine. This is fine. This is just fine.
- Ghost: That made the Crucible feel safe.
- Ghost: Uh, guys? We've encountered a massive Vex Mind.
- Failsafe: Watch your back friend! I'm detecting multiple ordnance types.
- Ghost: You're not helping!
- Ghost: Energy change! Watch out!
- Ghost: In your face!
- Ghost: It's not getting up from that! Zavala, we're good!
- Zavala: Well done. Failsafe, what's your assessment of this incident?
- Failsafe: Vex records indicate the Cabal discovered the Mind, and dug into this world to capture it. Had the Red Legion achieved their goal, I estimate a 60% chance this planetoid would have been destroyed in the ensuing battles. Luckily, the captain stepped in.
- Ghost: Huzzah!
- This strike was shown off for the first time during the Destiny 2 gameplay premiere.
- This strike was the lone PvE activity available to players during the Destiny 2 beta.
- If players manage to kill the boss before reaching the final stage of the encounter, the chest will spawn at the final layer, but generate no additional enemies.