- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
Approach the Pyramidion entrance
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
- "Activating Operation Intrepid on Io. Asher Mir and Ikora Rey standing by. We're sending you into the Pyramidion."
- — Commander Zavala
- Approach the Pyramidion entrance
- Activate the Vex altars
- Defeat the Vex
- Enter the Pyramidion
- Find the first warpgate
- Defeat the Vex
- Find the next warpgate
- Activate the Vex altars
- Locate the last warpgate
- Hack the network towers
- Reach the final warpgate
- Enter the conduit
- Defeat Brakion, Genesis Mind
- WANTED: Whisper of Oryx (Taken Knight)
- WANTED: The Fragment (Vex Minotaur)
- BOSS: Brakion, Genesis Mind (Vex Hobgoblin)
All dialogue is spoken through the Ghost's comms.
Fireteam Intrepid transmats to The Rupture, not far from the Pyramidion. They travel to the entrance to the Vex base.
- ZAVALA: Operation Intrepid is live on Io. Ikora Rey and Asher Mir standing by, based on this team's collective experience on the Pyramidion.
- ASHER: Delve into its very core to find Brakion, the Vex Mind that transformed my arm. It's your duty to exact vengeance on my behalf.
- GHOST: We always get the low pressure gigs...
- ZAVALA: Fireteam Intrepid is live. I'm handing you to Asher Mir and Ikora Rey for briefing. Good luck.
- ASHER: You seek Brakion, the Genesis Mind. It is programmed to transform every speck of matter on this moon into a machine.
- IKORA: And be mindful. Some Taken were likely stranded in the Pyramidion when you destroyed that warp gate.
- ZAVALA: Fireteam Intrepid just landed. This is a hit operation on a priority target. Who are they looking for, Ikora?
- IKORA: Brakion, the Genesis Mind. It controls the Pyramidion, the conversion engine consuming this moon. We must not allow the Vex to corrupt this sacred place as they corrupted Asher Mir.
- ZAVALA: Brakion, the Genesis Mind, commands the conversion protocol here on Io. You'll have to go deep into the Pyramidion to find the Mind.
- ASHER: And when you destroy it... Rip its arm off for me. Make it even.
- IKORA: Asher's not the only one with a score to settle. Some Taken forces may still be inside the Pyramidion, searching for a way out.
Intrepid dismantles the horde of Vex guarding the entrance while simultaneously activating the platforms that power the door. Once activated, the door into the Pyramidion opens and Intrepid enters.
- GHOST: Ikora, Asher, we found a way in.
- IKORA: Keep us appraised of your progress, please. There's no way for us to know if you're busy fighting, or you've transcended this reality.
- ASHER: Indeed. It's entirely probable that the Vex are simulating our interactions with you at this very moment.
- GHOST: Door's open! Anything we should know going in?
- ASHER The Genesis Mind worked tirelessly to block my fireteam's advance on his terminus. He reconfigured reality itself to stop us. It would not surprise me in the least if he intends to employ the strategy with you, assistant.
- GHOST: Reality seems pretty well configured in here, but we'll keep our eye out.
- GHOST: So, what can we expect from this place?
- ASHER: A cascading hellscape of infinite change. My fireteam required dozens of resurrections on our expedition.
- IKORA: And I'm sure it was uphill both ways to the lake where you lost your arm.
- ASHER: You waste my time with a vapid joke, but yes! Paradoxically, it was.
- GHOST: Door's open! Where can we find the Genesis mind?
- ASHER: In the self-orginised criticality of the synthoneural terminus.
- IKORA: No one knows what that means, Asher. Just make your way inside.
The team ventures deeper into the Pyramidion, encountering a series of platforms leading to a lower level of the stronghold. Between them and the next part of the Pyramidion, the Vex are in a standoff with the Taken.
- GHOST: Hey, team, there are Taken here. ... Team? That's fine. We're only inside of a giant, planet transforming pyramid with interdimensional spectres and reality-bending robots. What could go wrong?
- GHOST: Oh, good. Taken ninjaing out of thin air. Just what we needed.
- GHOST: Ikora, you were right about the Taken in here.
- IKORA: I expected as much. Don't let them distract you from finding the Genesis Mind. We'll deal with them another time.
The team ventures downward and encounters a series of laser grids.
- IKORA: When the King fell, the Taken became aimless. Now they move with purpose. We have no time for another war.
- IKORA: Odd. We're monitoring the Pyramidion's resonant frequencies as you explore. I thought I recognised the voice of... Osiris? No...
- ASHER: The Taken and the Vex are alike in more ways than not. Both races are designed to serve a single, higher power.
As they near the dormant warp gate, the path is guarded more Vex and Taken. Once they power through the lesser enemies, another group led by an Taken Knight interferes. Intrepid traverses through the warp gate to another part pf the base. On ther other side the path forward is littered with more complex laser grids.
- ASHER: I'm seeing an unacceptable level of variance in my field instruments. I hypothesize Taken interference. Eliminate them.
- IKORA: Asher just observed a spike in neutrino scattering. In my experience, those spikes usually mean incoming Taken. Eyes up.
- ASHER: The Taken move between dimensions as effortlessly as the Vex move between realities. Perhaps their mindlessness is the key.
- ASHER: We have never witnessed the origins of the Vex. They are not born, like Humans, they are not created, like Exos. Perhaps, like the Awoken and my arm, they are converted.
- IKORA: This is not the only Pyramidion. I do wonder if each one is an individual manifestation, linked to a common interior space, just as the Vex are linked to a common Mind.
- IKORA: You've never told me about your fireteam, Asher.
- ASHER: What is there to say? Hunters, the both of them. I hired them for an earlier expedition and we stuck together. Until we didn't. So.
- ASHER: I have not spoken to my old fireteam since the accident. Nor have they spoken to me. And so, we prove the resilience of comradery.
- ASHER: The Taken and the Vex share one key ability - the power to infect the very nature of one's existence.
Once past the laser grids, Intrepid must power through another Vex/Taken skirmish while activating the next warp gate. Once active, another group of Taken appear. Once they are dispatched, the team heads through the gate and press forward. The team encounters another set of laser grids.
- IKORA: We're analysing data from your team and - brace yourself - I believe our Gensym Scribe is genuinely confounded.
- ASHER: Innacurate! I have never been confounded in my life.
- IKORA: Asher's studying data on your current position. I believe he's said "Impossible!", oh, 12 times and counting. Here, I'll patch him in.
- ASHER: Impossible! Impossible.But could it...? No, no, no, no, that's impossible. Impossible! Why? What could govern such an impossible discrepancy?
Intrepid continues to move through the laser grids.
- IKORA: Asher can't figure out where you are. If he drops out, it's because he's thrown a tantrum and broken his microphone.
- ASHER: I heard that, you wretch!
- IKORA: Mmm. He feels safe saying such things because he is on Io, and I am not.
Intrepid enters a small room of Vex and Taken, and continue through the laser grids.
- ASHER: If your current eigenstate is comparable to my historical data, I predict you should now find yourself in a vast desert of tiny, cubic crystals. Climb straight up the Sierpinski carpet and then through the manifold. Brakion is not far now.
- GHOST: Uh...Got it. (Whispering) Do you think Asher's playing some...weird science prank on us?
- ASHER: You should now be entering a Hilbert space, if the Taken have not misaligned the Pyramidion's base geometric intuitions.
- GHOST: Gesundheit.
- ASHER: I did not sneeze, you fool. It is an infinite-dimensional functional space, the Vex often - Oh, why am I wasting my breath?
- IKORA: Asher just stepped away. He's referencing no fewer than five of his own books on the Pyramidion, and I'm not sure which I can use to guide you. Exestential Tyrrany: Part 1. Hmph. Negation and Identity: Vex Transformation Machanisms. Oh. This is why I prefer applied research.
- ASHER: You should now find yourself above an abyss of swirling data. Various realities being written and overwritten, you see...
- GHOST: Uh... I really want to tell you that's exactly what we're looking at, but...
Intrepid makes it through the next warp gate. To reach the next warp gate, the team fights through a battalion of Taken while hacking multiple confluxes. After getting past the taken the gate takes you to a pit leading to the heart of the Pyramidion. Around the edge of the pit are dormant Vex that stay inactive unless attacked.
- ASHER: According to my calculations, you should now be approaching the lake of radiolarian fluid where I was afflicted.
- GHOST: Mmm... Nope. No lake. Just an ominous pit.
- GHOST: We went through a gate! Now we're looking at a scary bottomless pit.
- ASHER: What? Where is no pit! Only the fractal shores of a radiolarian lake.
- IKORA: This is nothing like Asher's stories of the Pyramidion. This is clearly some sort of trap.
- ASHER: You should now be arriving on the shore of an inscrutable radiolarian lake.
- GHOST: Oh. Not a pit?
- ASHER: What pit? There is no pit in the Pyramdion!
- GHOST: Uh, I mean yes! Silly me! Here's the lake now.
Intrepid leaps into the pit, and a current slows their descent as they enter Brakion's terminus.
- ASHER: My projections show that you've reached the synthoneural terminus at the centre of the lake.
- GHOST: Maybe the lake is a metaphor?
- ASHER: Summon the Genesis Mind. Destroy it. Make it suffer. And it is not a metaphor!
- GHOST: So it's just us and a massive Vex Gate.
- ASHER: Ah! The Vex gate at the centre of the lake!
- GHOST: What lake?
- ASHER: The lake where you will grind Brakion's horns into dust and crush its chassis beneath your boot - That lake.
- GHOST: We're in some kind of...interdimensional terminal.
- ASHER: The synthoneural terminus. You're on Brakion's doorstep.
- IKORA: Inform the Genesis Mind that it has guests.
Intrepid activates the altar near the terminus and summons Brakion. The team systematically weakens Brakion until it retreats behind a shield. Using the altars around the terminus, Intrepid destroys the Vex guarding them and disables all of the shields, leaving Brakion open to attack. When the shields fail, Brakion retaliates by warping reality around the room to prevent Intrepid from maintaining cover. Despite its best attempts, Brakion falls to the fireteam.
- GHOST: Brakion, Genesis Mind, is no more.
- ASHER: Bring me its arm, I wish to hang it in a place of honor. If it's been destroyed, bring me the ashes. I have constructed an urn for them.
- ASHER: Tell me! Is the Genesis Mind dead yet?
- GHOST: Yep. Went down like a ton of bricks.
- ASHER: Yes. I've dreamt of revenge since the day I woke in the hospital without my arm.
- ASHER: Well? Is the Genesis Mind dead yet? Did you sever it's arm from its chassis and send it spiralling into the infinite?
- GHOST: Haha... ah, it's dead. It's - it's real dead.