- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
Approach the Pyramidion entrance
|Destinypedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level, could you write it?|
- "Activating Operation Intrepid on Io. Asher Mir and Ikora Rey standing by. We're sending you into the Pyramidion."
- — Commander Zavala
- Approach the Pyramidion entrance
- Activate the Vex altars
- Defeat the Vex
- Enter the Pyramidion
- Find the first warpgate
- Defeat the Vex
- Find the next warpgate
- Activate the Vex altars
- Locate the last warpgate
- Hack the network towers
- Reach the final warpgate
- Enter the conduit
- Defeat Brakion, Genesis Mind
- WANTED: Whisper of Oryx (Taken Knight)
- WANTED: The Fragment (Taken Minotaur)
- BOSS: Brakion, Genesis Mind (Vex Hobgoblin)
All dialogue is spoken through the Ghost's comms.
Fireteam Intrepid transmats to The Rupture, not far from the Pyramidion. They travel to the entrance to the Vex base.
- ZAVALA: Activating Operation Intrepid on Io. Asher Mir and Ikora Rey standing by. We're sending you into the Pyramidion.
- ZAVALA: Fireteam Intrepid is live. I'm handing you to Asher Mir and ikora Rey for briefing. Good luck.
- ASHER: You seek Brakion, the Genesis Mind. It is programmed to transform every speck of matter on this moon into a machine.
- ASHER: Delve into its very core to find to find Brakion, the Vex Mind that transformed my arm. It's your duty to exact vengeance on my behalf.
- IKORA: And be mindful. Some Taken were likely stranded in the Pyramidion when you destroyed that warp gate.
- GHOST: We always get the low pressure gigs.
Intrepid dismantles the horde of Vex guarding the entrance while simultaneously activating the platforms that power the door. Once activated, the door into the Pyramidion opens and Intrepid enters.
- GHOST: Door's open! Anything we should know going in?
- ASHER The Genesis Mind worked tirelessly to block my fireteam's advance on his terminus. He reconfigured reality itself to stop us. It would not surprise me in the least if he intends to employ the strategy with you, assistant.
- GHOST: Reality seems pretty well configured in here, but we'll keep our eye out.
- GHOST: So, what can we expect from this place?
- ASHER: A cascading hellscape of infinite change. My fireteam required dozens of resurrections on our expedition.
- IKORA: And I'm sure it was uphill both ways to the lake where you lost your arm.
- ASHER: You waste my time with a vapid joke, but yes! Paradoxically, it was.
The team ventures deeper into the Pyramidion, encountering a series of platforms leading to a lower level of the stronghold. Between them and the next part of the Pyramidion, the Vex are in a standoff with the Taken.
- GHOST: Oh, good. Taken ninjaing out of thin air. Just what we needed.
- GHOST: Ikora, you were right about the Taken in here.
- IKORA: I expected as much. Don't let them distract you from finding the Genesis Mind. We'll deal with them another time.
The team ventures downward and encounters a series of laser grids.
- IKORA: When the King fell, the Taken became aimless. Now they move with purpose. We have no time for another war.
As they near the dormant warp gate, the path is guarded more Vex and Taken. Once they power through the lesser enemies, another group led by an Taken Knight interferes. Intrepid traverses through the warp gate to another part pf the base. On ther other side the path forward is littered with more complex laser grids.
- ASHER: I'm seeing an unacceptable level of variance in my field instruments. I hypothesize Taken interference. Eliminate them.
Once past the laser grids, Intrepid must power through another Vex/Taken skirmish while activating the next warp gate. Once active, another group of Taken appear. Once they are dispatched, the team heads through the gate and press forward. The team encounters another set of laser grids.
- IKORA: Asher's studying data on your current position. I believe he's said "Impossible!", oh, 12 times and counting. Here, I'll patch him in.
- ASHER: Impossible! Impossible.But could it...? No, no, no, no, that's impossible. Impossible! Why? What could govern such an impossible discrepancy?
Intrepid continues to move through the laser grids.
- ASHER: If your current eigenstate is comparable to my historical data, I predict you should now find yourself in a vast desert of tiny, cubic crystals. Climb straight up the Sierpinski carpet and then through the manifold. Brakion is not far now.
- GHOST: Uh...Got it. (Whispering) Do you think Asher's playing some...weird science prank on us?
Intrepid makes it through the next warp gate. To reach the next warp gate, the team fights through a battalion of Taken while hacking multiple confluxes. After getting past the taken the gate takes you to a pit leading to the heart of the Pyramidion. Around the edge of the pit are dormant Vex that stay inactive unless attacked.
- ASHER: You should now be arriving on the shore of an inscrutable radiolarian lake.
- GHOST: Oh. Not a pit?
- ASHER: What pit? There is no pit in the Pyramdion!
- GHOST: Uh, I mean yes! Silly me! Here's the lake now.
Intrepid leaps into the pit, and a current slows their descent as they enter Brakion's terminus.
- GHOST: We're in some kind of...interdimensional terminal.
- ASHER: The synthoneural terminus. You're on Brakion's doorstep.
- IKORA: Inform the Genesis Mind that it has guests.
Intrepid activates the altar near the terminus and summons Brakion. The team systematically weakens Brakion until it retreats behind a shield. Using the altars around the terminus, Intrepid destroys the Vex guarding them and disables all of the shields, leaving Brakion open to attack. When the shields fail, Brakion retaliates by warping reality around the room to prevent Intrepid from maintaining cover. Despite its best attempts, Brakion falls to the fireteam.
- GHOST: Brakion, Genesis Mind, is no more.
- ASHER: Bring me its arm, I wish to hang it in a place of honor. If it's been destroyed, bring me the ashes. I have constructed an urn for them.