Mote of Light
A Mote of Light is an Item Guardians collect by accumulating 80,000 experience after reaching Level 40, opening loot chests in Patrol, decrypting Engrams, completing Bounties, dismantling gear, completing Crucible matches and Vanguard Strikes, or finishing a Public Event with Gold ranking. Xûr, Agent of the Nine also sells Motes for two Strange Coins apiece.
- Legendary Class Items from the Speaker (twenty-five Motes of Light and sixty Legendary Marks)
- Legendary Emblems from Eva Levante (seven Motes of Light}
- The Tempering Buff from Saladin (one Mote of Light)
- Weapon Reforges from Banshee-44 (one Mote of Light, three Weapon Parts, two hundred-fifty Glimmer)
- Infusing Legendary Weapons (one Mote of Light, ten Weapon Parts, two hundred-fifty Glimmer, and three Legendary Marks)
- Reputation (+50) for Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, and New Monarchy (five Motes of Light)
Motes of Light can also be used as a consumable as of The Taken King. Activating a Mote instantly grants 1500 XP, similar to turning in a Bounty.
- (2014) "Anyone know how much XP it takes to get a Mote of Light after level 20?". Reddit. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- Youtube: Destiny Alpha Gameplay: The Tower in Depth - Vendors, Stats, Items and More