- "Dead Orbit only grudgingly maintains a presence in the Tower to arm and outfit their champions in the Crucible."
- —In-game description
The Taken War
When Oryx invaded the star system aboard his Dreadnaught, Jalaal was ordered by Commander Zavala to keep Dead Orbit's fleet away from Saturn in case it was needed to defend the City. When Dead Orbit detected a signal from the Cabal being sent out of the system from the Dantalion Exodus VI, Jalaal informed Zavala, who sent a Guardian to investigate the crashed warship. While the Guardian successfully stopped the signal, they confirmed it was a distress call meant for the head of the Cabal empire. Jalaal and Dead Orbit analyzed the message and reported to Zavala that the signal was received. He placed all of Dead Orbit's deep space assets on alert to watch for a response to the distress signal.
Personality and traits
Jalaal is fatalistic, and has a dismissive opinion towards the other factions of the City. He believes that the denizens of Earth must leave the world for a new one, and that the Darkness cannot be stood against.
- "We'll need fighters to get us off this dying world."
- "What good will our possessions do when the Darkness returns?"
- "I pleaded with the Commander. He turned his back on me, so we must do this ourselves."
- "How can we ever leave knowing how many we have left behind?"
- "The Speaker knows the Darkness comes yet the Traveler still doesn't stir; what now?"
- "New Monarchy offers false hope. The War Cult offers despair."
- "I dreamed of the Darkness, swallowing the lights of the City block by block."
- "Earth has had its time. Mourn it, but don't die with it."
- "Children can serve Dead Orbit too. You see, little bodies can crawl in where others can't."
- "Oh it's the children I can't bear to think of. Think of their eyes when the Darkness comes."
- "The New Monarchy offers false hope. No king or queen can stand against the Darkness."
- "What good will the Traveler do when the Darkness comes. It's been silent too long."
- "A Golden Age vault, but deep in a Dead Zone."
- "Let the Executors mark us. We'll see how the ridiculous king fares when the Darkness comes."
- "One by one the stars will go dark, we must outrun this unstoppable tide."
- "If the Executors stand in our way, they will see we are not afraid to fight."
- "A younger world awaits, skies that never have been scarred by the Fallen or the Hive."
- "A whole Golden Age shipyard, but crawling with Fallen."
- "It's not for our sake, but for those who will be born on better worlds."
- "The Fleet is our hope, I don't care what the law says. Take what we need."
- "Darkness spreads across the sky, there's life, somewhere."
- "The Traveller has given all it can. Humanity's future is in our hands."
- "Are you okay there, Guardian?"
- "This Guardian seems paralysed. I'm not sure what to do."
- " ."
Jalaal is familiar with Lord Alfred Tennyson's poetry, as he quotes three lines from Ulysses.
List of appearances
- Destiny (First appearance)
- ^ a b Bungie (2014-6-12), Destiny: Alpha PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard.
- ^ Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Outbound Signal
- ^ Bungie (2015/9/15), Destiny: The Taken King Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: Outbound Signal
- ^ reddit - Arachnid Jalal quotes