Member of the Consensus
- "New Monarchy gathers adherents in the Tower, and arms them well for the Crucible."
- —In-game description
Executor Hideo is a Human located within the Tower. Hideo is the representative of New Monarchy, and sells a variety of New Monarchy-branded armor, weapons, and emblems intended for use in the Crucible.
Hideo is one of New Monarchy's Executors, a high-ranking position with some form of legal authority. Before joining New Monarchy, he was a Plasteel manufacturer who made generous donations to the people of the City. He has a dim view of his faction's rivals, calling Dead Orbit spineless and Future War Cult "all secrets and nonsense". He also isn't pleased with the Speaker's perceived inaction or Zavala's unwillingness to join him. Instead, he puts his faith in the City and the possibility of returning to the Golden Age.
A New Golden Age
- "Yes, obviously we must all join hands to rebuild, Lakshmi and Jalaal included. But I never said I'd like it."
- —Executor Hideo
After the Last City was retaken from the Red Legion, Hideo met with the other members of the Consensus to discuss how to move forward with the death of the Speaker. When Zavala called the meeting to order, Hideo protested that only the Speaker could do so. Zavala and Ikora Rey noted that there were no bylaws regarding the choosing of a new Speaker and that they would have to write new ones. Hideo questioned if Zavala would take the Speaker's place as head of the Consensus in the meantime, but the Vanguard Commander told him that all the members of the Consensus would work as equals to govern the Last City.
After word reached the Consensus that Guardian Ariadne Gris had painted a dragon on her Sparrow, they summoned her for interrogation due to fears of Ahamkara worship. Ariadne denied having contact with the wish dragons, but Hideo demanded to know why she had one on her Sparrow. After she proclaimed that dragons were cool, Hideo grew angry and asked her to take the inquiry seriously. Cayde-6 intervened and asked Ariadne to play nice with Hideo, causing her to explain that she really did just think the design was cool and that not all dragons were Ahamkara.
At a later meeting of the Consensus, Hideo and the other members honored Callisto Yin of the Firebreak Order for having saved the Fire Victorious during the fall of the Last City. Hideo informed her that repairs to Firebreak Plaza would be done soon and that the relighting ceremony could happen the next week. However, Callisto informed the Consensus that the all members of the Firebreak Order had decided to carry a part of the Fire Victorious with them in the Ghosts in order spread the Last City's light throughout the solar system. 
- "Maybe we should just let them go. The City's better off without them."
- "Another?! What do you mean? Dead Orbit secured another area?! How the hell?"
- "If the Speaker won't take charge of the Consensus, then we'll have to do it ourselves."
- "Dead Orbit; they're low grade people. Want to cut and run. No backbone."
- "The City looks bright from up here."
- "The City's my home. They're asking to give up on it, I won't."
- "They act like they're just preparing for war, but they're up to something."
- "Fallen howling at the walls, Factions at each other's throats; can't go on like this."
- "If Zavala would help us, I'd put him on a throne; but he won't."
- "You've got to look at all the alternatives, not flinch. Do what has to be done."
- "We built the Golden Age before, we can do again. Right here right now."
- "The FWC, all secrets and nonsense."
- "I don't get that FWC. Life sucks, boo hoo. Nothing we can do about it. Traitor talk."
- "I don't get those War Cult freaks. I don't even know what they're talking about."
- "I told the Speaker, we need leadership. And... I don't know. Is he even human?"
- "That innocent scholar act... The Cryptarchs are more of a player than they pretend."
- "I like Shaxx; he doesn't mess around."
- "All things change if we wait long enough. From war to peace, from weakness to strength, from chaos to order. And this, our home, this is the place to wait."
- "We are honored to serve the City."
- "Always good to see you, friend."
- "Something to say?"
- "New Monarchy has many interests, and we pay well."
- "You have news?"
- "I am in favor of these Faction Rallies. They might not bring us together, but the City and its people will benefit."
- "Take your time."
- "I have no doubts whatsoever that New Monarchy will win this Faction Rally."
- "I am sure that with a little demonstration of our capabilities, the Consensus will be inclined to hear about our initiatives."
- "Here is a leader."
- "Together, we will keep this City safe."
- "Dead Orbit are fearmongers. And the War Cult? They're too secretive to be trusted with any real power."
- "It's always good to see a Guardian flying the New Monarchy banner."
List of appearances
- ^ a b Bungie (2014-6-12), Destiny: Alpha PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard.
- ^ Bungie (2014-6-12), Destiny PlayStation 4, Activision Blizzard, Grimoire: New Monarchy Faction Rep
- ^ Bungie (2017/5/12), Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Item Description, Peace by Consensus
- ^ Bungie (2017/8/9), Destiny 2, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Item Description, Dinas Emrys
- ^ Bungie (2017/5/12), Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris, Playstation 4, Activision Blizzard, Item Description, Fire Victorious Shell