From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
- "In the heat of battle, Guardian, you will know the right choice to make."
- — Lord Shaxx
The Mountaintop is a Legendary Grenade Launcher acquired from the Crucible pinnacle Quest of the same name given in Season 5 of Destiny 2. It is the second Kinetic grenade launcher in the game after The Militia's Birthright, and has effectively zero range drop-off with shells experiencing virtually entirely linear travel, technically making it the most accurate grenade launcher in the game.
- Lightweight Frame: Superb handling. Move faster with this weapon equipped.
- Selectable Perk 1:
- Hard Launch: This weapon's launch barrel is optimized for projectile speed. Greatly increases projectile speed. Decreases stability. Slightly decreases blast radius.
- Volatile Launch: This weapon is optimized for an especially explosive payload. Greatly increases blast radius. Slightly decreases handling speed. Slightly decreases. projectile speed.
- Selectable Perk 2:
- Spike Grenades: Grenades fired from this weapon do increased damage on direct hits. Increases stability.
- Sticky Grenades: Grenades fired from this weapon attach on impact and detonate when enemies are in proximity.
- Rangefinder: Aiming this weapon increases its effective range and zoom magnification. Increased projectile velocity while aiming Rocket Launchers and Grenade Launchers.
- Micro-Missile:This weapon fires in a straight line and has a massively increased projectile speed.
[Fireteam leaders: Do not advance on the Wall. Fall back to the Ridgeback District.]
[Shaxx! Do you copy?]
He risks a look over his shoulder at their home, the place they call the Last Safe City. Not burning. Not yet. Gritting his teeth, he reloads.
[Shaxx, your orders are to retreat.]
[This battlefield is not your stage, Shaxx! This is not about glory!]
His fireteam doesn't hesitate.
[Shaxx! For the final time: Fall! Back!]
As the six of them crest the Wall, Shaxx cuts the feed.