From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
- "No one will escape my web."
- — Description
The Tarantula is a Legendary Linear Fusion Rifle in Destiny 2. It could be acquired from activity rewards on Io and rank-up packages given by Asher Mir. It was later reissued in Season of the Chosen and became available as a weapon drop.
- Precision Frame: Fires a long-range precision energy bolt. This weapon's recoil pattern is more predictably vertical.
- Hammer-Forged Rifling: Durable ranged barrel. Increases range.
- Smallbore: Dual strength barrel. Increases range. Increases stability.
- Corkscrew Rifling: Balanced barrel. Slightly increases range and stability. Slightly increases handling speed.
- Particle Repeater: Constrains recoil for every bolt. Increases stability.
- Projection Fuse: Distance optimizations. Increases range
- Snapshot Sights: Faster time to aim down sights.
"You can't be serious, Arrha. Nothing? You couldn't even scrape off a little stone to bring me?"
"I know what I asked for. And you know better than to return to me empty-handed. At least I thought you knew." Spider narrowed his eyes at his trembling Associate.
"The Vanguard has him sniffing around Basilius, hm? So we do have something to trade with the empress after all. Not that it'll do her any good; my little bird is devilishly hard to catch." Spider leaned forward. "Now HE would've gotten me something useful from Europa. You might've learned from him."
"Yes, the Spider." Arrha nodded vigorously. The faint sounds of revelry drifted in from down the hall, where the other Associates were enjoying their week's earnings.
"Avrok already told me about Crow's new assignment as Vanguard agent. Apparently, he's placed quite the wager on one of the Cabal's silly Rites," the Spider chuckled. "Avrok should've dared him to bet his freedom. Could stand to win my whole trove, he's that valuable."
"Yes, the Spider," Arrha repeated. Out of corner of his eye, he could see his share of Ether waiting in the corner.
"Oh, take your wages and go. I ought to dock you for bringing me nothing, but I'm feeling generous this week." Spider's voice dropped into a growl. "Remember that I am good to you, Arrha."
Arrha nodded as he scrambled to grab his Ether tanks and get out. Finally alone, the Spider sat back in his throne.
"It's Crow, really, that needs the reminder," he mused aloud. "I wonder how I might give it to him?"
- In earlier versions of Destiny 2, the Tarantula was originally named "Tarantula-3FR".
- As is the standard for Veist weapons, this weapon's name is a reference to a venomous animal. This rifle references Tarantulas, a group of venomous arachnid species. The description references the fact that some species web their prey after it has been taken down.
- The lore for Tarantula was added in Season of the Chosen.