Forum:House of Lions
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Forums: Index → Fan Fiction → House of Lions|
|House of Lions|
- "Many Houses were known for their worth within Riis, yes? (Wheeze) House Wolves for weavering, House Rain for their prophecies, House Sky for their ships, House Lions for their courage, and House Kings for their leadership. But the Whirlwind tore it apart, and now...not much of us follow our previous ways, yes? What a shame..."
- — Variks, the Loyal
During the events before the Whirlwind, the House of Lions were amongst many Houses that prospered under the Traveler on their home planet Riis. Known to be one of the oldest Houses within their civilization, they were seen as the pride of their people and helped to serve as enforcers and keep the peace between the rest of the Houses alongside the House of Judgment, as well as being known for their control over many Star Systems and their inspiring courage to many other Eliksni. Their power and influence would rival some from the House of Wolves and Kings, although the Lions' Kell would be part of a council of Kells, from the Wolves, Kings, Judgement, and the House of Rain and Stone. But during the events of the cataclysmic Whirlwind, where the Lions would attempt to defend their home against the Darkness alongside some like the House of Stone and help evacuate many fleeing Eliksni, but were presumed destroyed alongside the Stone and many other Fallen Houses. However, it would be revealed that the Lions survived the event and escaped onto one of their Star Systems, which included a Planet known as Striviis.
The Gray Wars initially began around the events of the Long Drift, the House of Sky moved out into a Star System that was in control of the House of Lions, and attempted to take over Striviis from the Lions, resulting in many Lions living on the planet to be killed by the invading Sky. This would cause Yorvik, the Kell of Lions to retaliate against the Fallen Sky, causing the Wars to began. During the courses of the wars, the Lions and Sky battled out for control over the planet, lasting for many years, resulting many to be perished, including most of the Sky leadership, would soon end with the revealing of the Sky Kell's location, Yorvik would group his powerful forces and allies to obliterate the Sky's lair and their Kell, which succeeded and would effectively bring a temporarily end to the Gray Wars.
Arrival in the Sol System
After finally arriving into the Sol System, the Lions would settle down in the frontal edges of the Kuiper Belt, but were rumored to have a minor presence amongst Callisto and 2 Pallas. During their early times there, the House would remain in hiding from both any enemy factions and even other Houses, sticking to mostly spy and observe for possible allies or enemies, the only time the House ever made contact was during the Reef Wars in the Siege of Pallas, where the Lions attempted to defend themselves and their location from invading Wolves, and stole minor items from both Wolves and the Awoken, keeping any attention from the two factions. After the War ended, the Lions would approached the Reef to form a neutrality with each other, hoping to at least keep the House's existence a secret from other Houses but mostly, The Last City. The two would agreed although their areas within Pallas would be supervised by the Awoken while the Lions had permissions to some of the Awoken's relics and other Golden Age objects to learn more about the System they currently lived in.
Despite not physically being in the Wolf Rebellion, the Lions did however minorly assist the Awoken by keeping the Wolves from going into the outer System, pushing most of them back into the inner system should they tried to expand further outward. Later Joskaa, the Kell of Lions would be approached by Skolas, the Kell of Wolves himself, in hoping to combine their forces together to take back the Traveler, although Joskaa would deny him in order to keep the House from being discovered and not to break the Awoken's trust. After the Rebellion ended, Joskaa kept watch over the wandering Wolves, whom are without a Kell after the defeat of Skolas.
At some point during this time, the Lions would soon be discovered by a young Guardian whom was searching for answers about the Fallen. However, after learning more about the House and their reason why of their obscurity to anyone else, he would continue to keep the House's secret from the Vanguard, in fear of them targeting the Lions. Soon the Guardian would began to help the House out more, eventually becoming their ally and became their Kell's subordinate and friend after gaining an audience with Joskaa and participated in the Kell's Gauntlet, a gladiatorial combat challenge, representing as the Kell of Lions.
During the Taken War, the House of Lions, like many other Houses, were effected by Oryx, the Taken King and his Taken, although the Lions stood strong due to most of their leadership was still intact, the Lions had to abandon their strongholds within the Kuiper Belt as Oryx was traveling into the system, and escaped into the Reef, holed up over at Pallas and acted as a safe haven for surviving Fallen suffered from the Taken invasion.
Later, the House's Splicers, the Lion Splicers began experimenting on the Taken, most specifically their Blights and attempted to harvest them in hopes of turning them into weapons for the Fallen. A few Splicers were also mentioned helping the Awoken infuse Taken energy into their weapons and armor, hoping to learning ways to infuse Taken energy into their own weapons.
Rise of the Storms
(Will add soon)
A few months after the defeat of the House of Storm, and the end of the SIVA Crisis, many of the Fallen had began to pull out from their old hideouts to come together under one banner. The Lions were one of few Houses that didn't heeded the call for union from the Kell of Kings, due to their leadership haven't been destabilized. However, as the Red War began, the Lions suffered from attacks on the Reef created by the invading Red Legion, Hive, Taken, and a rising group of Fallen called the "Scorned Barons", causing the Lions to move out of their lair on Pallas and flew to Earth in a search for a home, arriving in the Monégasque Ruins, attempting to form a home but were stopped by a Cabal Red Legion Company, forcing the Lions to move up into a mountain called Mont Agel and lived there for a while, occasionally scavenging for supplies and pushing Cabal out of their areas. The Lions also conducted raiding parties against the Cabal, this raids would be led by AJ, whom was lightless thanks to the Traveler becoming trapped by the Red Legion, but nonetheless He would direct minor and quick raids over the Cabal's supplies in hopes of learning any possible way to push the cabal out of the ruins.
Crusades of the Jackals
- "So, this "Syndicate" made by my sister, thinks they're a theat to us, We'll show them whos the real threat here, hehe.."
- — Joskaa
Joskaa's sister, Seriviks, who was once a notable Archon to Andiks Prime, left the House, due to the Lions making peace with The Last City and Awoken. But after years and years of waiting, she would gathered up many Fallen from all around the system, including House of Storm remnants, who refused to bow to Joskaa and Lion deserters who were loyal to Seriviks, to form the Jackal Syndicate, and remain hidden from the system. However, a Jackal member, by the name of Chelsik would began an attempt to assassinate Joskaa and Grayvis by hacking Lion Shanks and Walkers, to distract any Lions or Guards, while his crew infiltrates the area to kill them. But The Guardian, However thwarts his attempt and kills him, but would cause the Jackals to be revealed, and thus, the Crusades of the Jackals begans.
After the failed assassination, Seriviks, would take refuge on Nessus through a abandoned Kell's Scourge lair. But when scouts, belonging to the Lions found her location, Joskaa send in The Young Wolf to take her down and capture her. While arriving to Nessus, She was seen commanding Jackal operatives. But after She spotted the Guardian, she would escaped and would send Giltris, the Prowler to distract The Guardian, while She escape. After the unsuccessful capture, Joskaa would order the guardian to stand down while letting his Invisible Claw dealing with her capture. But despite the Guardian unable to capture her, they would intercept a hidden transmission from Magnusk, Lions' Wrath, which would include the coordinates to her location, deep within the vicinity of the moon: Titan. The Young Wolf would discover Jackalship Semkis-Fel and would fight her Kell's Guards, to reach her in the throne room, but even though they have almost catch her, She would escaped once again. Joskaa would find the Guardian, and question their motives. But they would explain it to him, he would allow the Young Wolf to continue their hunt over the Jackals, while he would re-open the Kell's Wrath to counteract the Jackal leadership.
With the return of Kell's Wrath, Guardians all around the system began hunting down any Jackal's Barons, Baronesses, or Generals such as Thresik, the Swordsman, Graksul, the Headhunter, Kithiks, the Pathfinder, and Pavik, Once Meek, they even make a more bigger blow with the destruction of Semkis Prime, The Crimson Widow, and the Metal Siblings. But with these victories, the Lions would staged a full-scale assault into the The Jackals' Den to defeat Seriviks and any remaining Jackals. So with the help of the Guardians, they were to kill most of Jackals' Generals, push further into their Lair and face Seriviks. But despites her Stock pile and reinforcements, they were able to execute her. crippling the Jackals, and the end of the Crusades.
Battle of the Yarkora
In the aftermath of Forsaken and the Battle of the Yarkora Homeworld, Joskaa began observing the House of Dusk, seeing them become more dysfunctional than usual, thanks to the rivaling powers within the House. This led to Joskaa forming Operation: "Duskfall", a plan to dismantle Dusk’s competing sects. Such as destroying their Cloning factories and targeting their Political Figureheads. This would go on for long, before being disbanded before the events of Shadowkeep.
Despite the House of Wolves becoming extinct, by the Scorn, there has been some Wolf Loyalists who have recently joined the House of Lions, notably Trigoris and Lirsis. However it's unknown if they have allegiance under the Lion banner or if they are still truly loyal to the Wolves.
- "This is Robert E. Lee Speaking,in the my camera Feed in Hoth A Man left a note and tried to break into my system but failed
Guardian we need to Catch them ASAP"
- — Robert E. Lee telling the gaurdian to get ready
A Human snuck into warmind E.lee to steal some info, for a unknown reason, but failed and escaped. The House of Lions began spying on the Hibachi’s Sting Syndicate, to learn info about them, the Guardian then was sent by the Vanguard to dismantle the newly risen Syndicate.
Season of the Relentless
After the Red Legion's fail on the Sundial, Joskaa would call up The Guardian, to meet AJ, in person, to inform of a possible chance to break the loop. However, after the Guardian stop Apithalos, a Taken Hydra, and contained his Fragments. It turns out to be simulation, weaved by Quria, Blade Transform, in which Joskaa calls up Jolkron, an ally of his, to pull the Guardian, out of the time loop, which succeeded. Joskaa orders The Guardian to search for AJ's hidden weapon cashes, hold weapons to defeat the Taken. While searching for his Weapons, they were able to defeat a Nightmare of Menkrodos, a Vex Axis Mind, that AJ once faced. As well finding the Exotic Hand cannon, Firebringer, on Venus, within the abandoned Caves, that formerly belong to the House of Winter. After returning to the Reef, Joskaa order a full on assault to the bowls of the Dreaming City, to rescue their captured friend AJ. After defeating the Taken that guards the path to AJ's cell, they would find him, Taken, under the supervision of Erpatha, a Taken Hydra. However despite of AJ's Void powers, and Erpatha's reinforcements. The Guardian was able to destroy Erpatha and free AJ from the Taken corruption.
Season of the Emperors
Season of Elders
Season of the Vipers
- "House Lions are not like the rest of the others. They are quiet, they prowl, learn your tactics, learn your ways, and learn your weaknesses. But, just like Variks, they are smart enough to side with you than to face death (laughs)."
- — Variks, The Loyal
Unlike most Fallen House, the House of Lions follows a more complex and unique structure in a similar fashion to the House of Wolves, following the common leadership of Kells, Archons (although both of the two Archons are currently missing or dead), and a Prime Servitor with Barons and other notable nobility supporting them. However, they also have many stations and groups that operate more freely than those from other Fallen House, as long as it benefits the House.
Newly elected or younger Kells are mostly assisted by a council formed up of the most esteemed members within the House, which they help the Kell lead the House to a better path and works on the rules that the House must follow. Kells are protected by their own group of Kell's Guards, formed from the Lions' best soldiers, to defend and stay close to the Kell at most times, while the Kell's council are served by Lions' Guard, similar to Wolves' Guard, although they aren't hand selected or brainwashed to the point of serving their duty. The Lion Enforcers are there helps cements the rules and authority of the Kell's council and makes sure that the rank-and-file keeps their loyalty to the House even if they are allowed to do things freely. Similar to the Silent Fang, the Lions have their own sect of spies and assassins, known as the Invisible Claw, who aims to eliminate potential threats to the House, and spy on other Houses and Hostile races to learn more about them and potential weaknesses. Much like most Houses, the Lions also have their Splicer sect to help with augmenting their fellow Lions with cybernetics, and are in-charge with overseeing, modifying or repairing the House's machinery, led by the chief scientist of the House, whom has a seat within the Kell's council. Inspired by the Queen's Wrath, the Kell also have a personal team of elite Fallen who are tasked to target and destroy significant and more dangerous entities whom threaten Kell and take down traitors to the House, as well as placing Bounties on certain targets personally ordered by the Kell.
Outside the political and other leaderships of the House, the society of the House acts very more different than a House normally should. The House consists mostly of large amounts of Vandals (due to Joskaa's beliefs and a number of gangs and groups), with them being allowed a large degree of operational freedom, long as they keep their loyalties to the House and bring valuable data and intel to the Lion leadership. Captains continues their roles of leading their crews and such, but are given more freedom, but with their power marginally weaken in favor for more operational freedom to other lower ranks. Subject of docking is shown to be very rare within the House, although this is because of the use of docking is used as a sentence to criminals and traitors within the House rather than punishment for certain mishaps, those who are docked serves crews and teams as labor and support, once at a certain threshold, they can be allowed to regrow their lower arms. There are rare instances where few Dregs are selected by the Kell for certain operation mission, which those said Dregs are allowed a small operational freedom in exchange for being supervised by a Lion Enforcer to make sure they do not abandon their mission or betray the House.
Following the events of Forsaken, and the rise of Fallen "syndicates", the Lions would be one of the only Houses that weren’t affected by this due to the Lions were able to adapt and grow more thanks to their system they have used during their time on Sol, however this would also cause a growing rift between those who continues and holds the customs of the old ways and those who are more younger and began learning and following Human culture and beliefs. This went even more further with Joskaa, the Lions' own Kell began adopting Humanity cultures, to point of him courting a Exo, which would break the Fallen's traditions; Furthering the rapid decline of the Fallen old culture and ways while being overshadowed by the rising trend of Fallen following human ways within the House.
- Warvriks, the Deserted — Archon of Jobiks Prime (formerly)
- Seriviks, Lion Archon — Archon of Andiks Prime (formerly)
- Darviss, the Protector (acting)
- Divhoris, the Knowledge-Keeper
- Skorvik, Siege Professor
- Delkris (formerly)
- Grayvis, Queen of the Lions
- Lions' High Emissary
- Julsis, Lion Baron
- Magnusk, Lions' Wrath
- Jeysik, Lions' Wrath
- Askar, Lions' Patriarch
- Tariks, Lion Baron
- Skrisah, the Wise
- Grask, Lion Captain
- Skorsi, Lion Captain
- Skoleks, Praetorian Guard
- Palix, the Roaring
- Raskin, Kell's Guard
- Qwanik, the Unstoppable Force
- Bernik, the Jokester
- Joesnikk, Once Meek
- Harnikk, the Fanatical-Blade
- Delksis, Bound to AJ
- Kralikss, Joskaa's Champion
- Biraksis, Disguised by the Kell
- Makasiss, Courier for Lions
- Mavpiks, Bound to AJ
- Devris, the Silent Squall
- Bovriks, the Unbent Hand
- Cerbiks, Reborn
- Pevkis, the Dishonored
- Kithrax, the Broken (inferred)
- Alfagonos, House Lions
- The Mightful Pride
- The Unending Wrath
- Fury of Grayvis
- Rulkis, Archon Rising
- Atrykis, Lion Baron
- The Crimson Widow
- Andiks-9, the Enslaved
- AJ, Joskaa's Champion
- Disaraaskian (meaning respect)
- Micheal the Silent
- Brayden, Emperor's Hand
- Graziks (contractual alliance)
- Trigoris, Loyalist to Wolves
- Lirsis, Wolves' Advocate
- Mercedes, the Exo
- Torrance, the Warrior
- The Invisible Claw
- The Lion Splicers
- The Skybreakers
- The Lions' Guard
- The Lion Enforcers
- The Lion Scouts
- Meme Squad (loosely)
- Lion Kell's Guard
- Lion High Servitor
- Overpowered Servitor
- Unbounded Dreg
- Freelance Vandal
- Freelance Captain
- Lionship Jobiks-Fel - The previous flagship Ketch of the House of Lions. Destroyed during the Gray Wars
- Lionship Andiks-Fel - The flagship of the House of Lions, originally was from the House of Sky, but was stolen and eventually turned into a City-housing ship.
- Wintership Simiks-Fel - The decommissioned flagship of the House of Winter, now taken control by Grayvis after the death of Draksis.
- Ketch of Magnusk - A House of Lions Ketch under the command of Magnusk, Lions' Wrath.
- Ketch of Mavpiks - A House of Lions Ketch under the command of Mavpiks, Bound to AJ.
- Chauchat—WW1 LMG, rarely used by Unbounded Dregs, Uncommonly used by Resilient Captains
- Khvostov 7G-02—uncommonly Used by Veteran Vandals and rarely used by Unbounded Dregs
- Khvostov 7G-0X—Rarely used by Freelance Vandals and Resilient Captains
- AK-112 assault rifle—used by Unbounded Dregs, Freelance Vandals, and uncommonly used by Claw Assassin
- Rangemaster hunting rifle—uncommonly used by Resilient Marauders and commonly used by Claw Assasin, uncommon for a Claw Assassin with a scoped verison
- Lions' Pride—a Hand cannon that looks and acts similar to Stolen Pride hand cannon, except its has Solar damage and has House of Lions colors, used very rarely by Dregs, and uncommonly used by Unbounded Dregs. Joskaa uses dual Lions' Prides as a backup weapon
- UP9—blueprints given from the spider when they took a photo on a Rouge Exo
- Baron's Sigil—A Artifact used by Guardians, will summon a squad of Fallen and Skiff (depending on the area, the user is in), they'll aid you in Combat until all enemies are down.
- Memory of Jobkis-Fel—A Titan artifact
- Remnant of a Prime—A Warlock artifact
- Horn of Telksor, the Shadowed Claw —A Hunter artifact
- The House of Lions could be the descendants of the House of Wolves, since their Kell was formerly part of the wolves.
- To the Lion members, they call the House: "House Lions", while rival Fallen or Non-Fallen May sometimes call the House: "Lion Pack".
- They are one of 3 houses that to not worship Servitors, the other 2 is House of Dusk and The Scorn.
- They are also the first and only house that worship the christian religion.
- However, after the Crusades of the Jackals, Joskaa allowed the Lions to have the freedom of religion, meaning that the Fallen can worship whatever they want. Most of the Lions went back to worshiping Servitors, while others continued to follow the Christian religion and other Earth religion, notably Joskaa and Askar, Lions' Patriarch.
- They are also the first and only house that worship the christian religion.
- The Lions are the first that eat other food that is not Ether.
- It was seen that the Empty Tank, was a Hideout to the Lions, seen by it Lion Banners and white flags over the areas (Fan Fiction).
- It was confirmed by Joskaa, however, the lair was supposed to be used a celebration party area, which was used for victories for the Lions, it also use as a relaxing and cooling down area for Joskaa, as the throne inside the fighting pit chamber was actually a replica of his throne, which the original is inside of Lionship Andiks-Fel (another Fan Fic Story).
- It has been rumored that there's a House of Lions' Den in the vicinity of Jupiter, as it been noted that there's some Lion Scouts seen on Callisto, one of the moons of Jupiter.
- The Lions are the only known House, to have both their House Archons to desert their House, as Seriviks, the Archon of Andiks Prime, left the House to create The Jackal Syndicate, while Warvriks, Jobkis's Archon deserted his House to join the House of Dusk.
- Their appearance in D1, stays the same in D2, with the exception of some of their members having a resemblance to House of Dusk Fallen (mostly their Wretch and Marauder units), possibly former Dusk members who defected from Dusk and join the Lion banner. However, ever since Beyond Light, the House of Lions' appearance would change entirely; their units carrying a similar style to their House of Salvation counterparts. This would be the same for the House of Vipers, the House of Emperors, and other newer Houses, after them.
- Originally the Lions the lived among the Kuiper belt, but was changed to the Reef, but was changed back, but as a reference, as they did used to live there until the Taken War, and they moved to the Reef.
List of appearances
- The Lions' Armistice Update (First appearance)
- Destiny 2 (Mentioned only)
- Forsaken (Mentioned only)
- Shadowkeep (Mentioned only)
- Beyond Light (Mentioned only)
- The Witch Queen (Mentioned only)
- The Void Within (TBA)
- Destiny 3 (TBA)