From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
- "Fallen run in packs, led by an individual Captain. There is no denying a Captain's might; they are the fiercest of the Fallen. There is this sense of tattered nobility to them. You can see it in the way they carry themselves. They think they're better than us. They believe that Earth belongs to them."
- — Bungie.net description.
The Captain is a class of Fallen. They the leaders of the Fallen, carrying themselves with an air of superiority and nobility, and are the final stage of an Eliksni growth cycle before the Whirlwind occurred on Riis. They have been shown to wield most Fallen weapons, and are almost always enshrouded within an Absorption Shield. They are equipped with gear that allows them to teleport short distances.
- "Waves of them smashed against our walls, hissing and wailing. But it was the one who stood beyond them, silent and scenting the air, that froze the blood in our veins."
- — Grimoire description.
Captains are the fiercest rank of Fallen on the battlefield. They lead their crew with their superior combat prowess. The weapon they wield will effect their behavior. Captains will usually be armed with a Shrapnel Launcher, in which case they will push towards Guardians very aggressively while firing canisters of shrapnel at their target, because the weapon is especially effective at close range. If armed with a Shock Rifle, they tend to keep their distance and pick the player off from there by sending homing Arc projectiles downrange. A Captain can also be seen wielding a pair of Shock Blades. They will fearlessly charge into the fray to cut their targets to bits. However, a Captain is his most deadly when armed with a Scorch Cannon, which he uses to devastating effect, being able to instantly kill Guardians at any distance, and are also very aggressive when closing in on their targets. For improved durability and mobility, their armor has an embedded Arc shield as well as teleportation tech. Captains usually charge fearlessly into battle, but immediately start seeking cover if their shields are broken.
In Destiny 2, Captains fight slightly differently, making use of hit-and-run teleportation tactics to overwhelm their enemies. Captains will attempt to quickly shoot you, then dash away with a teleport, repeating the process. An attempt to break this engagement with heavy-fire is recommended. The new Molten Welder rocket launcher is found most commonly in the hands of Captains, who tend to stay at range and use its mortaring capabilities to pin opponents, though they can be extremely deadly if they use it as part of their teleport attacks. They also sport a slightly thinner, more streamlined look.
- Craask, Kell of Kings
- Draksis, Winter Kell
- Eramis, Kell of Darkness
- Mithrax, Kell of Light
- Skolas, Kell of Kells
- Aksis, Archon Prime
- Aksor, Archon Priest
- Karrhis, Archon Rising
- Keldar, Archon Priest
- Kovik, Splicer Priest
- Raksil, Archon Priest
- Riksis, Devil Archon
- Verlai, Archon Priest
- Vosik, the Archpriest
- Atraks-1, Fallen Exo
- Breviks, Dusk Baron
- Dresiks, Splicer Baron
- Drevis, Wolf Baroness
- Exile Baroness
- Frigoris, Exiled Baron
- Grayliks, Winter Baron
- Haviks, Dusk Baron
- Irxis, Wolf Baroness
- Naksis, Devil Baron
- Paskin, King Baron
- Phyksin, King Baron
- Phylaks, the Warrior
- Parixas, the Howling
- Praksis, the Technocrat
- Vekis, King Baron
- Yavek, Wolf Baron
- Ranks[Note 1]
- Kell – Political leaders of a Fallen House, commands flagship Ketch
- Archon – Prime Servitor's caretakers and High Priests of the Fallen
- Baron – Highest nobility of Captains and Lieutenants who commands a Skiff
- Notable Variants
- Captain, Kell's Scourge — Kell's Scourge Captain
- Splicer Captain — Devil Splicers Captain
- Stealth Captain — Captain outfitted with invisibility tech
- Scorch Captain — Captain that wields (and drops) a Scorch Cannon
- Wrathborn Captain — Captain turned into Wrathborn
- Disciple of Kridis, Technocrat's Assistant and Warrior's Enforcer — Salvation Captains with the power of Stasis
- Common Variants
- Elder Captain — Heroic Difficulty
- Noble Captain — Epic Difficulty
- Overload Captain — Champion
- Reaver Captain — Major Captain (Destiny)
- Resilient Captain — Elite Captain
- Resilient Captain, Kell's Scourge — Elite Captain of the Kell's Scourge
- Resolute Captain — Major Captain (Destiny 2)
- Specific Variants
|Browse more images on this article's gallery page.|
- Promotional and Cutscenes
Side profile of a Fallen Captain wielding a Wire Rifle
A Fallen Captain seen in The Law Of The Jungle
A House of Light Captain.
Render of a Captain belonging to the House of Dusk
- In Game
A Captain of the House of Devils.
A Captain of the House of Wolves.
A Captain of the House of Kings.
A Captain of the House of Winter.
A Captain of the House of Exile.
A Captain of the House of Dusk.
A Dusk Captain on Nessus.
A Captain of the House of Salvation.
A Salvation Captain roaming Europa.
A Salvation Captain invoking the power of Stasis.
- Bungie created a physical Fallen Captain model for Gamescom 2013.
- During cutscenes early in the game, Captains were seen wielding Wire Rifles. Ironically, Wire Rifles are never seen in the hands of a Captain in gameplay.
- In Destiny 2, normal Captains have a grey pelt lining their body and purple cloth while Major and Ultra rank Captains have brown fur and gold cloth.
List of appearances
- While not exclusive to them, the vast majority of the holders of these positions are Captains