- This article is a stub. You can help Destinypedia by expanding it.
- "Because three heads are good, but four are better."
- — Jeza "Jeopardy" Verlayn
The Cerberus+1 is an Exotic auto rifle introduced in the Forsaken expansion for Destiny 2. The weapon was built by the Guardian Jeza "Jeopardy" Verlayn, after she crash landed on the Tangled Shore, and is comprised of hastily-scavenged parts and a power source known as the Photonic Heart.
I had plans for the Photonic Heart.
Then see what I could get for it in the Bazaar. Not 'cause I wanted to sell it. Just 'cause it'd feel good to know.
Then I was gonna take a little vacation with it to Venus, and THEN I'd figure out what to do with it. At my leisure.
But no. Had to get sucker punched by an asteroid.
Barely made the landing on this dusty spit of Shore. Lost all my weapons in the crash. Heart only survived 'cause I put it in my helmet and buckled it in my seat.
I started with three barrels. Figured I might as well lean into the hell vibe. Shoulda known that wouldn't have been enough to really min/max with a power source this feisty. Especially once I noticed the coronal containment shield was cracked.
The first time I fired the Cerberus+1 and felt that puppy kick, I knew: plans are overrated.
The Cerberus+1 has four separately-loaded barrels: the central barrel fires in a manner typical for auto rifles, while the three barrels orbiting it have a less predictable, and much less stable, fire pattern. While all four magazines are reloaded at once, each has a separate ammunition count and fires from an independent pool of bullets. The weapon is particularly useful for crowd control, or for ensuring that you have both close-range and mid-range capability.
- Four-Headed Dog: Shoots erratic bullets from all gun barrels at the same time.
- Spread Shot Package: Focuses the weapon's spread while aiming down the sights.
- Rifled Barrel: Increases range, greatly decreases handling speed.
- Fluted Barrel: Greatly increases handling speed, slightly increases stability.
- Full Bore: Greatly increases range, decreases stability, slightly decreases handling speed..
- The weapon was known as the 'SSSpreadshot' early in development, and is heavily inspired by the Spread Shot weapon in Contra.
- The Cerberus+1 is made of multiple other weapon parts, including bits from the Origin Story and the Khvostov 7G-02.
A side view a Warlock wielding the Cerberus+1
List of appearances