From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
|Forums: Index → Fan Fiction → Paradox|
September 3rd, 2024
- "The line between Light and Darkness may have been broken, but you are not. All it did is make you stronger. Show the Darkness the true power of the Light."
- — Ikora Rey to The Guardian
The expansion's story centers around The Guardian and their revenge-driven fight to avenge the deaths of numerous civilians and protectors, including Zavala, by bringing an end to the Black Fleet and its army of dark forces who had entered the Solar System in a diabolical plan to reshape the universe in its own dark image. Along the way, the game's story also expands upon Mallory Bertha, the daughter of Hendrick Yor and Kaguya Narusaka; the Fallen House of Flame and Fireteam Infernium; the formation of a new Consensus within the frontiers of a new Sanctuary; the arrivals of newly-risen Guardians, including Hannah Ciel; and the birth of a new power that has emerged within the heart of Mars.
LONG LIVE EVIL.
After the Guardian's triumph over the last line of threats, including the Hive Witch Queen Savathûn, the allies of humanity are still reeling from the effects of the Pyramids' arrival, but now their world has come under attack by a new dark force unlike anything they had ever faced, and this time, it has a new name: The Black Swordsman, who now leads a dark army of fallen Guardians and enemy forces that have called upon the Darkness and destroyed the Last City in a diabolical plan to enshroud the universe. Work with the Vanguard remnants, House of Time, Empress Caiatl's forces, Eris Morn, Kayla Heartfilia, and Mal to avenge Zavala's death and prevent the Black Fleet from casting humanity into an age of darkness for good. Become a slayer of our worst nightmares.
OVERCOME THE DARKEST NIGHT.
With the rise of the Darkness across the universe due to the end of the Traveler, the Guardians are scattered and humanity is nearer to extinction than ever before. Their situation gets even worse, however, with the appearance of the Black Swordsman and his Shadowkeeper Army. With the Darkness closing in and this new threat posing a danger never seen before, how will the Guardians fight back against the Darkness?
BECOME EVIL INCARNATE.
Guardians have always been warriors of the Light and Darkness. In Paradox, for the first time, Guardians harness the power of a mysterious new energy with a new elemental power: Fusion. Along with an arsenal of all new gear, Guardians of each class can discover and wield devastating new powers in the form of powerful new subclasses and Supers. Surprise your enemies as a Hunter Cursebreaker with Fatality Chain, pulverize them with the Warlock Shadowdancer’s spellbinding Blade of Devastation, or flatten them with the Titan Stormwaker’s flaming Blackout Hammer. Claim and master the Huntress, Shinobi, and Meister classes. Fight your way into the heart of Aincrad. Face The Black Swordsman and The White Angel.
FIGHT BEYOND TIME AND POWER.
There are those who believe the worlds from what remains of the Solar System are nothing more than frozen Golden Age graveyards, its treasures long ago swallowed by ice, fire, and darkness. You know better. Beneath the ruins lie countless relics, an arsenal of weapons, and more. Claim this cutting-edge tech from the clutches of time and dare to tame these wastelands. Discover unique weapons and armor in ways both new and old - construct weapons and armors out of Glassblaze Essence with Hannah Ciel and Eris Morn, gather Nightcore-themed gear through the Season Pass, and collect exciting new Exotics from quests and enemy drops.
NEW PRESAGES AHEAD...
More of ancient secrets await your discovery, spoils of their exploits yet to be collected and a dark past to finally be discovered. Only time will finally allow the moment you discover them all.
Vehicles, Equipment, and Technology
Weapons and Armor
- New Missions & Quests
- New Destinations & Dungeon
- New Weapons and Gear to Earn
- All New Raids
- New gear to uncover
- Eclipse Powered Subclasses
- Fusion Element Type
- Free Content Update: Shadows' Legacy
- Xbox Exclusive Contents: Exotic Merain's Prodigy Pulse Rifle, Legendary Date A Live-themed Astral Evolution Armor Set, and Ver Aetatis Strike
- And More
Guardian Subclasses & Changes
- New Eclipse-based Subclass
- New Fusion Subclass Element
- New Gear to unlock
- New Exotics to earn
- Pre-Order bonuses include: Exotic Ghost Shell, New Exclusive Emblem, Exotic Torture Dance Emote, Exotic Shadow Necrowing Sparrow, and First access to Exotic Shadow Necrochasm Pulse Rifle.
- Beyond Darkness
- Zavala's Will
- Ver Aetatis (Xbox Exclusive)
- High Orbit
- Gambit of Blood (Season of the Inferno) - Osmium Court, Chasms of Saturn
- Last Smile - Horizonwake, Isle of the Lost
- Wrath of the Machine - Plaguelands, Old Russia
- Season 24: Season of the Inferno
- Season 25: Season of Despair
- Season 26: Season of [REDACTED]
- Season 27: Season of the City